Notices

Old 16 Jul 17, 01:04 AM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

New England Staycation July 2017 - Day 6 Zara And Back To Boston

Hi everyone I'm back after that short interruption in Madrid! It went by in a blur was wide awake until about 4am and then of course felt terrible when it was time to get up!

I had a quick breakfast in the hotel - sat outside before it got too hot! Then before too long it was back to the airport! I was on a mission as a lot of you know I collect the Starbucks city mugs so this was first on my list! This airport is HUGE and it took forever to get through I think 4 checkpoints?!?

I was so excited that they had a Zara here! That is the one thing that is the hardest in USA, as much as I love it here there is something about the fashion that is not quite as up to date as in the U.K. Don't get me wrong I'm hardly a fashion expert but I really miss Zara and some of the other U.K. Shops... clearly not enough to moan that much and my lovely Dibber friend Cheryl is always on hand to pick me up anything I need or I'm sure allow me to order to her address!
The sale was absolutely amazing! Everything was so cheap! For all these items it was only €130 or £114 which is crazy! I'm not sure if all if this is in the stores or online but I thought I'd share my little haul with you all!

Suede jacket - this was only €20. It is like a boyfriend blazer and it's so soft and buttery I'm in love! I'm thinking with some skinny jeans and boots in the fall (hehehe sounds so much nicer than autumn!) it will be really cute!

Silky top - this was €12.99. It is a gorgeous peachy cream color and again super soft to feel - I do like a nice feel top...sometimes things look nice and then are that horrible polyester sweaty fabric! Sort tmi! I'm thinking this will be pretty right now with shorts

Stripy top - a bargain at just €5.99! Perfect for layering when it's a bit colder and I do like a nice nautical themed top!

Wrap shirt - I absolutely love this! It was €20 and has really puffy sleeves which are very unusual - I'm going to pair this with some boyfriend jeans and flip flops!

Little people shirt - how adorable is this at only €12.99! It has little embroidered people all over it! Seriously what's not to love here?!?!

Red floaty top - the queue was huge so of course as you are waiting you see exploring the rails around you! This chiffon top was €12 and will be just perfect for work! I only go in the office once a week when I'm traveling so much and tbh since I moved to the USA the dress code is very relaxed, I'll probably just pair it with some smart jeans!

Denim ruffle - I think my favorite item - it's in that really soft denim / cotton material... how cute is this! It was €12 and will be perfect with some cut off shorts - I might even wear tomorrow as I think we are going into Boston (we were planning it today but it's raining so that isn't any fun for exploring! )

Vest top - another queue item which was there calling my name whilst I was waiting to pay! This was €5.99! I love that it just looks like your old graffiti pencil case or back of your homework journal... or was that just me?!?!

Off shoulder daisy top - finally I picked up this, it was €29 and not in the sale - but I still think it's super cheap and I really liked it!

Next up was my Starbucks mug! I wasn't disappointed and here is the latest for my collection!

The flight was pretty uneventful- I had no one sitting next to me which was nice so I could spread out a little bit! I passed the time by watching YouTube videos on Video D/L. I've talked about this app before - it's a downloader that you can then watch videos on. I'm sure there are loads about these days. It's fab as I do watch YouTube more than TV so download a load before I fly anywhere to keep me amused. At the moment I'm watching loads on the Nordstrom anniversary sale which starts next week - it's a presale for all of the new season items, I think it's a very cool idea! And after 10 days it all goes back to full price, beats waiting to the end of the season and missing out! I've got my eye on a gorgeous pair of flat high leg boots in a grey suede, they are by Ugg so will be super cozy inside but they are a smart boot, not like the usual ugg boots if you know what I mean! I also watch Sephora, target, bath and body works and Disney videos!

Anyway back to the flight and with just over an hour to go they brought around a snack box - it was Groundhog Day from yesterday morning and contained a ham and cheese croissant and strawberry yoghurt - strange given it was dinner time in Madrid and afternoon here! Before much longer we were landing and I had the pain of immigration... because I'm on an L1 visa I have to queue which always takes forever! Fingers crossed by the end of the year we should have our green cards which means then we can use the machines!

Jez and our friends were waiting with supplies... ,it's good to be home!

On the way back we did a quick stop at Target and of course it would be rude not to pick up the new stationery set - all $1 each!
It now coming up to 8pm and I'm about ready to drop... tomorrow we are off to Boston to be complete tourists for the day complete with dinner at Maggiano's - one of our all time favorites from Orlando! Hope you can join me... Debs xx

debidee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 01:09 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by debidee - 16 Jul 17 1:09 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 07:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

I love the way you can still find amazing bargain even in the airport, and make a pretty routine trip home sound so interesting. Enjoy Boston
Old 16 Jul 17, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Great purchases Debs ❤️, and so pleased you got the mug 👍, well you had to pass time at the airport somehow lol.
Haven't been shopping in Zara for a long time i may have to investigate lol x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

Nice to see you got some shopping done and got one of your mugs. Looking forward to reading about Boston - my husband always says he wants to go there for a visit.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Lovely bargains at Zara. I especially love that wrap shirt.

Hopefully you won't be too tired after all your travelling and can get back to enjoying your staycation. I swear you are some kind of travel superwoman! X

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
As usual some great shopping and good prices too

Joan
Old 17 Jul 17, 02:21 AM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
I love the way you can still find amazing bargain even in the airport, and make a pretty routine trip home sound so interesting. Enjoy Boston
Always on the hunt for a bargain! I have an inbuilt radar ;-) xx

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Great purchases Debs ❤️, and so pleased you got the mug 👍, well you had to pass time at the airport somehow lol.
Haven't been shopping in Zara for a long time i may have to investigate lol x
I do miss Zara so I felt I deserved some retail therapy- plus as you rightly point out... I needed to pass the time! Xxx

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Nice to see you got some shopping done and got one of your mugs. Looking forward to reading about Boston - my husband always says he wants to go there for a visit.
We had such a wonderful day in Boston - you should definitely come and visit! Xx

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
Lovely bargains at Zara. I especially love that wrap shirt.

Hopefully you won't be too tired after all your travelling and can get back to enjoying your staycation. I swear you are some kind of travel superwoman! X
I wish I was WW! Would make the travel a lot easier! Plenty of coffee and I was fine today... knackered now mind you! Xxx

Originally Posted by mick View Post
As usual some great shopping and good prices too

Joan
It was rude not to buy at that price ;-) xxx
debidee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 17, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Great bargains in Zara! I swear, you buy more items in one shopping trip than I do all year x
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 17, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
^^^ what Jo said! Fab bargains at Zara and Target...it's a running joke with my lot that I am obsessed with stationary and luggage!
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List