Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 16 Jul 17, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Happyhaunt1000
slightly serious Dibber

Brett, Jo & Marceline's 'Forget Everything We Know' Adventure - Day 13: Marceline's Private Jamboree

INDEX

When the alarm goes off at 8:15am it feels more like 6:15am. We've crammed a lot into these past few days and it's catching up with us... especially Jo, who’s feeling exhausted today. With Marceline awake not long after us, we decide to take it easy this morning and spend the next 3 hours slowly getting ready and just pottering around.

At 11:20 though we’re at the bus stop waiting for for the next shuttle to MK… which arrives shortly after and at 11:50 we’re walking into the park. But it would seem that Jo isn't the only one who's exhausted today as Marceline falls asleep in the carrier, and we get some photos on Main Street to keep for prosperity.

We walk into Tomorrowland and onto the TTA where she stays asleep the whole way round the attraction, and it’s only as we’re queuing for the Carousel of Progress that she wakes up. We worried that she’d be a little bit bored on the attraction, but in fact she seems to quite enjoy it… especially Rover who she keeps pointing at and saying “ooooooh” whenever he moves or barks!

Once we’re finished with this classic attraction we head round into Fantasyland and onto the Little Mermaid ride. It's not a very fluid experience as the attraction keeps stopping, but thankfully for us it's in areas where there are moving fish and Marceline is mesmerised by them.

When we get off the ride we see a Cast Member telling a woman to ‘please climb down’ off of where she's standing (which is up by the Ariel figure that's out front of the attraction). This woman is clearly old enough to know better, and she's blatantly just ignoring the CM who's gesturing for her to get down. When she does climb down she just strolls off with her mook of a partner as if nothing had happened. Jo and I said some words (harsh words… naughty words) about the type of people they were and how much we disliked them (all out of earshot of Marceline and any other small kids)... they were words that needed to be said. Far too often in the parks you see behaviour that just boils your blood and you have to vent.

THE CULPRITS

THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT

Marceline needed to be fed at this point so our next point of call is the Baby Care Centre. It's such a lovely day out today that I decide not to sit under cover and wait for them, but to bask in the sunlight and wait opposite Crystal Palace. It's now around 1:50pm and from looking at the My Disney Experience app I can see that there's a 2:30pm table available at Skipper Canteen. I know we’ve already eaten there this trip, but that chicken dish was so good I need to see if it was a fluke, or if it really was some of the best chicken I've ever eaten.

When Jo and Marceline reappear I tell them about the available table at SC and Jo’s up for eating there again. The problem is the app won't let us book the table. This is a problem we've experienced before, and it’s all because we have a UK phone number and the app doesn’t accept it! (If any of you have found a way around this, please let me know!) So seeing as we’re literally a hop, skip and a jump from the restaurant we walk round there and speak to the CM out front, and she’s all too aware of this problem with the app. She tells us to take a seat and that they’ll get us a table sorted as quickly as they can. It's only a few minutes before someone comes out to us and leads us inside.

It's certainly busier than it was when were were last here, but it's still definitely not at fully capacity. Our server comes over and immediately starts making a fuss of Marceline. She’s talking to her… playing peek-a-boo… and Marceline is reciprocating with lots of smiles, lots of giggling and the occasional high five. Another server comes by with a glove puppet… which if my memory serves me right was a monkey, and again, Marceline is responding to the puppet and loving all the attention.

JO SWEARS BLIND THIS CM USED TO WORK IN TRADER SAM'S AT THE POLY... ANYONE RECOGNISE HER?

While Marceline is distracted by the monkey, our server asks if we've been here before and I tell her we were here not too long ago, and was so impressed with the chicken dish that I'm here to try it again. She says that it's always nice to hear things like that and that she’ll pass on my praise to the chefs. I (of course) am ordering the chicken again… but surprisingly, so is Jo! Normally she has this stupid rule about us not being able to order the same dish!

I don't recall what I ordered to drink… I think it might have been the melon frosty on Jon’s recommendation (but I don't mention it again in the Voice Memo, so it can't have been that good ). Jo gets herself the Schweitzer Slush that I had last time, just not in the souvenir mug (we definitely have enough of those already!)

When the meals come out I quickly cut of a piece of the chicken and it tastes just as good as it did when I had it before… it's amazingly succulent and has a great flavour. Best meal I had all trip… possibly. I'm hard pressed to think of something I loved as much as this dish. (I’ll have to answer this definitively when I do my ‘highs and lows’ recap on the final day). Throughout the meal the servers are stopping by the table and interacting with Marceline and she’s still playing about and high fiving them. Even though a dessert comes as part of the meal plan, I really don't want one… but Jo orders the Coconut Bar with Pineapple-Basil Compote and Vanilla Cream, on the server’s recommendation. She doesn’t manage to finish it all, but says it’s really good. With our meal finished we do one more round of high fives and then head out the door.

We head further into Adventureland and see that Pirates is only a 10 minute wait so enter the building and get in the standby line. As we’re walking in, two people go blazing past us so they could get ahead in the queue. And what do ya know… it's the two p***flutes from earlier that were climbing over the Ariel statue! I don't want to be on the same boat as these two, so deliberately slow our pace down so that they get on a boat before us. I can just imagine that they're the type of people that would be taking flash pictures and talking all the way through the ride.

Marceline is getting sleepy again and nods off almost as soon as the boat sets off… but the moment we go down the drop and the cannons start blasting she wakes up again! Thankfully she’s not ratty and spends the rest of the time looking about at all the animatronics… again getting even more excited when she saw the dog in the jail cell scene.

Once we finish on Pirates, we walk to the Enchanted Tiki Room and after a 5 minute wait the doors open and we take our seat. I stupidly pick the front row (in a near empty theatre). I say ‘stupidly’ because with the birds being right above us, Marceline can't really see what's going on. I should've gone to the back row like I normally do (yet another note to future self… stick with what you know!)

Marceline seemed to be entertained but halfway through the show she fell asleep (again) and it was only the thunder at the end of the show that woke her up! When we came outside we decided to head back to the resort for a bit, then come back later tonight for EMH.

Before leaving, I stopped at the Country Bear Jamboree and asked a male CM standing outside the attraction if the attraction was going to be open during EMH. He didn't reply… he just stared at me. It was actually pretty creepy, so I repeated the question and again, he just sort of looked through me as if I wasn’t there. I wondered if I’d spoken too fast or if he couldn't understand my accent, but eventually he just nodded, turned around, and walked into the CBJ building! It's possibly the oddest interaction I've ever had with a CM (even stranger than the woman at Epcot who just ignored me because she was too busy reading my t-shirt!)

We exited the park and while waiting for a bus there was a family in front of us (the only other people waiting for a SSR bus) and all was definitely not well with them! The dad was standing off on his own playing around with his phone, the tween daughter was sat on the floor quietly sobbing, and the mum was pretty agitated. Whenever the mum went to speak to the dad she got a response that was given through gritted teeth. It was one of those situations where we wanted to be anywhere but there right at that moment! When the bus came they got on and all sat in different places on the bus. They were clearly not having a good day together!

We get on the back of the bus and for the short journey back to the resort we try and look anywhere except the direction of those three individuals… which was pretty difficult given that they’d spread themselves right out across the whole bus! Back at the resort we decide to get off a stop early so we can pick up the few bags of goodies we’d bought earlier in the week and had shipped back (and to get away from our fellow passengers as quickly as possible!)

Now, my VMs about the next few hours are somewhat vague, but from what I can piece together it looks like we were all a little sleepy but Marceline wasn't settling to have a sleep (probably because she’d been napping intermittently throughout the day) and the only way we could get her to chill out was by Jo feeding her. So all three of us went into the bedroom, Jo sat on the large armchair to feed Marceline, and I laid on the bed. It wasn't long before Jo and Marceline fell asleep in the chair… and I wasn't far behind them. I think we slept for an hour before gradually all three of us woke up about 6:30pm. It was definitely a nap that all of us needed, as we were now full of energy and eager to get back to MK.

At 7:20 we’re back down at the bus stop waiting for our MK chariot to arrive. I know we've had a few clunky days with transportation, but on the whole it's been really good and tonight is no exception as a bus turns up shortly after we get to the bus stop, and at just before 8pm we’re walking into MK. When we get to the security area in front of the park, it's empty and we’re the only ones arriving and going in the park at this point… so obviously I get pulled for additional searches!

The nighttime projection/fireworks are just beginning, so we dive into the Emporium store and walk through all the way down to Casey’s Corner so we avoid the crowds on Main Street. We enter into Adventureland, walk down a bit and then use the cut through that goes into Frontierland. We can see that the sign outside Country Bear Jamboree is saying the next show will be starting in two minutes.

We walk into a completely empty waiting area and spot a CM walking by. Our presence seems to startle her and she tells us to just go around the side. So we walk round the corner and there's nobody there. We wait for a bit…expecting a CM to appear to let us enter the auditorium, but no one does. It's kind of erie as aside from the CM we saw as we walked in we haven't seen a single other person.

At this point, I figure we’re probably meant to let ourselves into the seating area and move the curtain. There isn't a single other person sitting down waiting for the show to begin… it's completely empty! Just then, across the other side of the theatre, a CM appears and sees us standing there. “Oh, there you are… come in and take a seat… any seat you’d like. It looks like you're getting your own private viewing tonight!” So we walk into the third row, and sit dead centre (‘cos we’re rebels like that).

The CM then picks up the microphone, and doesn't do the full spiel, but runs through the basic safety instructions… and with that, the show begins. Marceline is sitting on my lap and I'm bouncing her along to the songs and she’s loving it. I especially love how intrigued she is with Teddi Berra on the swing. We all loved having the whole theatre to ourselves… it really felt like a special little treat.

Once off the attraction, we walk round to Haunted Mansion and straight into the stretching room (I love doing attractions while the fireworks are on… everything is virtually empty!) After HM we walk round to Fantasyland where Jo gets a Hot Fudge Sundae from Storybook Treats. Even though I'm sure she wanted it all to herself, she’s kind enough to share with Marceline and I as we walk round to Tomorrowland.

The plan had been to go on the TTA, but once again this trip, it’s down! So seeing as Buzz Lightyear is only a 10 minute wait we decide to do that instead. Unfortunately, unlike the last time we went on this attraction where I maxed out my score, and Jo very nearly did the same, tonights scores are abysmal. I got 350,000 (ish) and Jo (who claimed her gun wasn't working properly) got a score not even worth making note of!

We decide that’s enough rides for tonight, and that we’ll have a look in a few of the shops opposite the Emporium, as we’d not really been in them the whole trip. As we walk into Uptown Jewelers, Jo spots a special Magic Kingdom 45th Anniversary Dooney and Bourke bag that's she’s not seen anywhere else this trip. For those that own a D&B bag, you’ll know that each bag is slightly different because the placement of the design is unique to each one… and choosing which one you want is difficult as you might want a certain part of the design to be at the front/back/middle etc. So Jo is taking her time and looking at the bags they have, and where on each of them the logos/characters/icons are located. Eventually after looking at bags with Mickeys cut in half, and castles half covered by stitching, she finds one she really likes. It just so happens that the one she wants is on the top row, right at the back of the rail. A CM comes over and asks if we need help or want to look at a bag a bit closer (they’re all security tagged together, and to the rack at this point). Unfortunately, and not to be sizeist… the CM was only about 4ft 8 and couldn't reach up to the top rail (hell… even Jo was on tippy toes when she was looking at the bags and she’s about 8ft 6!)

The CM said she’d go get someone taller to help her reach the bags and went off to grab someone. When she returned, I couldn't see how the CM she’d brought with her was going to be of any help as she was only about 2 inches taller than her, and she also wasn't able to unlock and unhook the bag down off the rack! I suggested that they could get on one another's shoulders, but they said they wouldn't be allowed. They clearly didn't get that I was joking and I couldn't be bothered to point out that I wasn't being serious. A third CM was called over, and although she was over 5ft, she also couldn't get the bag down. So we now have three short CMs pointing up at the bag trying to figure out how to get it down and who they could get to help them.

Thankfully, this is when the cavalry arrived in the form of a guy the size of Hodor! Why they didn't get him in the beginning I don't know… but he had the bag down in seconds. In the time it had taken them all to get the ‘chosen one’ down, Jo’s spied a second bag that she likes, and after some gentle persuasion from me (“just get it if you like it!”) she asks them to get this one down for her too... but luckily for them, this was one was on the middle rail, and only a couple of bags from the front.

With (expensive) purchases made, and high fives from Marceline dished out to the CMs who helped us, we carry on down MS.

Marceline was in a particularly good mood this evening and was waving at everyone and anything she saw. But sadly the good mood only lasted till we got to the bus stop, where she turned into a bit of a rat bag. She kept trying to get out of the carrier and was wriggling and fighting me when I did take her out. The wait for the bus wasn't long and the ride back seemed to be pretty quick (thankfully) but as always, the moment we got off the bus she calmed down again and went back to being an angel. It didn't take long for her to fall asleep when we got back to the room. Jo gave her a quick feed (which she fell asleep during) and then was put straight into her cot for the night.

Jo and I felt a bit peckish, so had a toasted cheese sandwich and watched some tv before turning in for the night at just before 11pm.

Day 13 done.

There you go ladies and gents… Day 13 of our adventure done and we really are drawing ever so close to the finish now. But we really do fill those remaining days with loads of fun. I hope you’ll be back for Day 14 where we finally get to take Marceline to Chef Mickey’s and a CM serenades us!

I love you byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee xx

Edited at 08:40 PM.
Happyhaunt1000 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
A nice day, and love the bags! My Haunted Mansion Dooney is still safely stored in the wardrobe as I can't bring myself to take it out...!
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Wonder
Imagineer

Another brilliantly amusing day!

Loving Marcelines little blue dress- seriously cute! And Jo's Ariel Starbucks cup tee- very funky.

Park numpties are way too common these days, climbing on/over things, swinging on things, barging past to get half a second ahead of where they otherwise would be... I just have to take a deep breath!

ETA: also loving the handbags

Edited at 09:00 PM.
Wonder is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
FLAFantastic
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Your daughter is just soooooo cute!

AnnMarie
Old 16 Jul 17, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Brilliant. Love the story of the family on the bus. X
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

That was brilliant! Her wee face in the pictures just makes me smile . I laughed a lot at the bag/ 3 short cms bit... 😂😂
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
The A team
VIP Dibber

The A team's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We got around the app needing a US phone number for ADR bookings by putting the number of the hotel we were staying in, worked for us and they can get hold of you if they need to.

Highlands Reserve May/June 2014

Trip report complete July/August 2016 - Beach Club and Sunset Lakes
Trip report complete - One week trip at two weeks notice - The Grove Resort May 2018
7 States Pre-trip (Washington DC, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, New York)
The A team is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Your own private jamboree ❤️❤️
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Fab read as ever thank you 😁
Old 16 Jul 17, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
christybell
Imagineer

A private showing WOW... Marcelines wee face is a picture...love it

Now... how many Dooneys does Jo now own? Lucky lady, but hey...she deserves them

Thanks for sharing

July 2009 ASM/TI/Hmew'd Suites
August 2010 OKW/Dibb villa
July2011 OKW/RPR/Cocoa Beach/Dibb Villa
July 2012 RPR/Carnival Destiny/Dibb Villa
July 2013 OKW/Anna Maria Island/Dibb Villa
Nov 2013 Sunset Lakes- my 40th Birthday
April 2014 Cruise and Villa
April 2015 Clearwater/RPR/Dibb Villa
Dec 2015 Dibb Villa to see the Xmas lights
July 2016 RPR/Cruise/Dibb villa
christybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List