Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 18 Jul 17, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

And then there were Three! July 2017 Day 9

INDEX

Day 9 - 17th July

Woke up at 4.35 but my Fitbit is registering better sleep so all is good.

The plan was leave at 7ish for extra magic hours at Animal Kingdom and we left at 7.07 - all 3 of us, Jas dosed up to prevent pain. We just got down the stairs when I did the magic band check and jas had forgotten hers so had to go back up. We must have just missed a bus as the next one was showing at 7.25 and was totally rammed.

There looked to be quite a crowd as we headed to security. We went through the tapstiles at 7.50 and joined the crowd heading for Pandora and Flight of Passage. Being 20ish minutes later than last week made a massive difference - we were queued much further back and they opened up the extra lanes. Hundreds of people were streaming through to join the queue.

This time we followed the proper queuing system and saw all of theming. Last week we just saw the corridors.

Another excellent ride although the 'breathing' on mine wasn't working properly - only one lung was inflating so I informed a cast member when I got off. It had taken an hour from entering the park to exiting the ride. As we were leaving Pandora a cast member was telling people arriving that FoP was a 3.5 hour wait!

It was boiling today with lovely blue skies. We had fast passes booked for kali river rapids and expedition Everest. With an hour to go until the first one we looked at the wait times for rides. Expedition was only 10 minutes so we decided to head over and ride that now to save some time as we promised Jas that it would be a short day. Phoe and I were going to return at 8.30 ish to see Pandora lit up and maybe ride EE in the dark.

It was 20 minute wait by the time we got there. I'm sure this ride gets more intense each time.

We weren't all in the same photo🙁

We then headed to kali river and had a much better ride this time - got soaked. I'd forgotten to bring the waterproof camera today though.
It was now 10.30 and we were starving. They start serving lunch items at 10.30 so went to Yak and Yeti. Phoebe had the honey chicken again. Jas just wanted fries and I had the Kobe cheeseburger. They were so slow serving that we knew we wouldn't make the 11 o'clock festival of the lion king, do instead took our time and then went to the 12 o'clock show.

Animal Kingdom is such a picturesque park

We left the park at 1 to go back to the resort. I put some washing on and then headed to the pool for a few hours.

We were going to make another attempt to try uber for a trip to Walmart but before we left the room ax massive storm hit - huge lightening flashes immediately followed by the kind of thunder that we just don't hear at home. We stood at the window watching the torrential rain and flashes. It went on for ages.

Finally left the room at 6.30 to attempt uber. 3 phones, 3 accounts, 3 different cards, 3 error messages. Phoe went inside to see if anyone could help and we followed 5 mins later. No one could fix it but they suggested another app - Lyft. We installed it, loaded a card and bingo, we had a car ordered! The driver was really nice and explained how it worked and even switched on his wifi hotspot for me to connect to when we arrived.

20 minutes later were in Walmart. It was very busy and difficult to get the trolley round. We got what we came for, the only thing I couldn't find was some eye drops for a colleague. We also forgot about ponchos - phoebe had a tinketbell one from there which was on its last legs and needed replacing. It wasn't until we were at the till that we saw someone in front of us had some that we remembered but the queues were too long to go and find them. They were really nice too - Minnie bows and darth Vader 🙁

The girls wanted to head across the car park to what looked like some food places but it was still torrential rain so I switched on the 3G and attempted to order our car back. It was dead easy and showers our driver Alvaro as 6 minutes away.

The car arrived and we hopped in. Alvaro gave each of us a wrapped sweet and set off. I don't think he spoke English as he didn't say a single word and his sat nav was talking to him in Spanish. I had a mini panic that the sweet he'd given us was to drug us so I kept it at the side of mouth the whole journey! When we got to the gate of the resort the guard asked his purpose and he still didn't say anything - luckily we were still conscious so did the talking and I had to take off my magic band for him to scan.

Ride complete and all still alive we headed back to the room. Phoebe was starving but was fed up with food choices and Jas didn't know what she wanted. They both then started talking about missing their beds at home. Note to self, 10 days is probably enough. Jas pointed out that although phoebe wanted to go home, in a few days time when we come to go home, she will probably be crying saying she doesn't want to leave!

Phoe and I went down to the food court and got a pepperoni pizza, pasta in alfredo sauce and the Philly cheesesteak. It was now nearly 9.30 and I wasn't really hungry so just picked at mine - we're at the point where we've got so many food credits left that we're just ordering for the sake of it. I think we'll be exchanging quite a few for candy to bring back.

Went to bed at half ten as it's a small lay in tomorrow.

Total steps: 15,760
Cost of dining plan food consumed:$90.42

Tomorrow is 4 parks, 3 people, 2 shows, 1 final performance and hopefully 0 meltdowns

Edited at 12:59 PM.
Dixiechic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

What a bargain Lyft was.

The trolleys are ridiculously hard to 'steer' in the supermarkets over there, I can't for the life of me understand why.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

I love Animal Kingdom - it seemed hotter than the other parks when we went at Easter so I can imagine how hot it must feel now

Glad you managed to get sorted with Lyft - had to laugh at you not eating the sweet though!

Hope you manage to find some different food choices for the girls - we liked Sunshine Seasons at Epcot, Blaze Pizza and Wolfgang Puck Express at Disney Springs, and the Create your own pasta bar at POR if that helps.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Glad everyone felt better for AK - and you got a cheaper Taxi - shame about the ponchos & the rain.
Loving following this report- how are you still waking so early? 😀 Honestly, it'll be my DH dragging me out of bed in the mornings, lol!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 17, 01:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
I love Animal Kingdom - it seemed hotter than the other parks when we went at Easter so I can imagine how hot it must feel now

Glad you managed to get sorted with Lyft - had to laugh at you not eating the sweet though!

Hope you manage to find some different food choices for the girls - we liked Sunshine Seasons at Epcot, Blaze Pizza and Wolfgang Puck Express at Disney Springs, and the Create your own pasta bar at POR if that helps.
We've done blaze and Wolfgang puck and phoebe has done the create your own pasta a couple of times at POFQ. We're hoping to take a stroll to riverside one evening
Old 19 Jul 17, 01:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Michyloulou View Post
Glad everyone felt better for AK - and you got a cheaper Taxi - shame about the ponchos & the rain.
Loving following this report- how are you still waking so early? 😀 Honestly, it'll be my DH dragging me out of bed in the mornings, lol!
I'm not a great sleeper but when we've been before I have adjusted by now. I'm hoping jet lag won't be so bad on the way home if it carries on like this!
Old 19 Jul 17, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

The sweety treat lol! Actually you are smarter than me I would just eat it! Glad you werent drugged.
Sounds very busy in AK with all the new stuff, cant believe you not eating that honey chicken Ann, its divine! Good to hear you managed to find a way to get off site, hope Jas was ok today x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 17, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Sounds a very productive day. Glad you finally got a car app to work!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List