Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 20 Jul 17, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

And then there were Three! July 2017 Day 11

INDEX

Day 11 - 19th July - pool and Magic Kingdom

I briefly stirred when my Fitbit alarm went off and woke for good at 7.30! Sorted out the trip report, then showered and went to save some sun beds and put some laundry on. Called back in the room to get the refillable mugs. Jas was awake but phoebe still sound asleep.

I headed back out to lay by the pool and picked up an omelette for breakfast. Phoebe appeared at 10.45 and we had a swim to cool off. We headed back to the room just after 12 ready to leave at one for Magic Kingdom.

I got a bit annoyed next cos Jas said she wasn't coming. She'd missed the previous long stay at MK and it's the park with the mist to do. I told her that there was no way she would be missing the next two days as they were our last 2 full days.

Got to the bus stop and no time was displayed. When it came up it was still nearly a 20 minute wait.

Phoebe wanted to see the parade 'properly' this time and we were in the park with plenty of time to spare and sat where she had wanted to sit yesterday. We got the beef nachos to share while we waited. The heat/humidity seemed extra intense today. Phoebe is not a sweater but had beads of sweat running down her legs and left a wet patch on the concrete!

After the parade we just had 10 minutes to wait for our first fastpass for splash mountain. We had decided that we were going to ask to ride at the front to maximize the splash as we needed to cool down. We were just approaching the fastpass entrance when there was an announcement to say that the ride had broken down.

We dithered for a few minutes and then meandered round to Mickey's Philharmagic. This is another one that we haven't done the last few trips. We needed the aircon and phoebe was happy as there is a little mermaid scene!

We checked the My Disney experience app to see if splash mountain was back up. It wasn't. We headed back over anyway to see if we could get any more info. Phoe was struggling with the heat now and was walking at snail pace, moaning all the way.

The cast member told us that it could still be another hour and our fastpass would be honoured when the ride came back up or it would convert to a multi experience fastpass where we could use it on any ride (one ride) except for seven dwarves and Peter Pan.

By now it was time for seven dwarves fastpass. We rode this almost at the back - it's quite intense - I can't decide if I prefer this or thunder mountain.

Next up was buzz lightyear's space ranger spin, stopping on the way at the starlight café to get phoebe some fries.

Phoebe kept saying that her gun wasn't working so looked a bit miffed!

Buzz stopped for a couple of minutes midway through which gave us a chance to boost our scores but still nowhere near the elusive 999,999

Splash mountain was still down so we decided to use our multi experience fastpass on space mountain and then call it a day.

We stopped at the ice cream plaza on the way out so I could have the plaza sundae.

The black clouds were rolling in and there were a few rumbles in the distance. We got in the bus at 6.45 and we're back just after 7.

Jas had started to pack up some of the clothes that she wouldn't need anymore into the packing cubes. It's sad to be thinking about packing already - it seems like we've only just arrived.

I picked up some chicken and ice cream for Jas while phoebe had a bath. When she got out she asked what time we were going to Animal Kingdom to see Pandora lit up and could she get pizza at Pizzafari.

There was me thinking that we'd shelved the plan of going back out again!

We left the room at half 8 and was on a bus by 8.40- unfortunately we had to go via Riverside which has 4 stops so it was 9 o'clock before we were properly on our way. We then had the bus to ourselves with a very chatty driver who has friends living in Chelmsford and Colchester. He has worked for WDW since 1998 and loves Doctor Who!

We arrived at the park at 9.20 and there was no queue got bag check!

We headed straight to Pizzafari and wondered why we'd never eaten there before -Phoebe ordered the cheese flat bread and some garlic knots - we were expecting something like Frankie and Benny's garlic dough balls but they were more like bread rolls and there were 6 of them!

We then headed into Pandora. I was a little bit disappointed. I though it would be more lit up than it was. It was very pretty but I was expecting more.

We stopped at the tree of life on the way out to see the projection show which was very cleverly done. Only had to wait a few minutes for a bus and were back at the resort for 10.30.

In bed just after 11. I'm rubbish at late nights and tiredness is starting to take its toll!

Total steps:20,100
Cost of dining plan food consumed:$76.17. We have still got so many credits to use!

Edited at 11:48 AM.
Dixiechic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Another hot hot day! Shame Jas didnt join you, sounds like she just needs a lot of rest. You are lucky to see Pandora it was still under construction when we went. If you have tons of snack credits I think people either buy candy to bring home, or, treat someone in the queue to a free meal. Sad for you that its nearly over will miss your daily posts!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We just swapped some credits for a tonne of ghiradelli!
Old 21 Jul 17, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

What said you about Phoebe not being a sweater made me laugh, I am perpetually cold, so my boyfriend always jokes he knows it's REALLY hot if I'm sweating.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 17, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
A lovely,day, glad jas went out today and didn't spend all day in the room.
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List