Notices

Old 8 Jul 17, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkk!
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 17, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkk!
I knoooooowwwwww!
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 17, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

So, at 64 days out, our plans are well underway! I've paid off both the WDW part of the holiday and the cruise (OUCH!) and I managed to snag us some pretty reasonable Virgin Atlantic flights when the prices massively dropped at the end of last week. Phew! Sadly no upgrades were available through Flying Club (the very helpful lady on the phone did say I could hold off and book even closer to the time, in the hope some would become available but I just wanted it sorted there and then!) but I did manage to get us a hefty amount off the price using miles. And I've still got some left so I'm definitely planning on wangling us Upper seats at some point in the future!

We fly out on the 12.45pm flight from Manchester to Orlando on 13th September, returning on the 6.30pm flight on 29th September, landing back in Manchester at 7.35am the following morning. I already can't wait for the pretzels, gin and tonics and films. I LOVE flying!

Our fast pass day is this Saturday coming so I'll be finalising our plans over the next few days. We can also do online check in for the cruise tomorrow, so that will probably make it all feel more real too

No more ADR changes on the horizon at the moment but I have just paid for the Star Wars dessert party for us (picture stolen from mealtrip.com) on the first Saturday that we're there. We're both huge Star Wars fans and it looks really good. I also quite enjoy the fact that alcohol is included

I am VERY excited, guys! I shall return with daily plans (and the all important must have snack list) very soon...
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 17, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Flights booked that's amazing! Heard so many good things about the Star Wars dessert party! X
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Flights booked that's amazing! Heard so many good things about the Star Wars dessert party! X
I think booking the flights made it all seem far more real - eek!

Apparently the new location for the dessert party isn't quite as good but as long as there are cocktails and delicious treats I'm not too bothered! xx
Old 20 Jul 17, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Aww you will be flying back on the flight we go out on the 29th sept just to say have a fantastic time frm Sally ann 😃 👍
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Marriner 1965 View Post
Aww you will be flying back on the flight we go out on the 29th sept just to say have a fantastic time frm Sally ann 😃 👍
Thankyou so much! Have an incredible time yourself!
Old 20 Jul 17, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

Last Saturday was FastPass day and I was actually a bit nervous about it, which is slightly ridiculous. I needn't have worried though as I managed to get everything that we wanted, at mostly the times we wanted them. No problems at all getting Frozen or either of the Pandora rides, which I was the most concerned about. I had a quick look earlier (I cannot leave things alone) to see if we needed to modify anything and there are still loooooads of FP for all three in our second week. Fingers crossed that means it's going to be incredibly quiet! Yeah right

I also bit the bullet last night and booked us tickets to MNSSHP. I was in two minds about whether to do this as it's a lot of money (£65 each for the night we've booked! ) but I figured that we don't know when we'll next be back at that time of year so we might as well do it on this trip! I am extremely excited to see everyone's costumes, to watch the Boo-To-You parade and (mostly) to eat aalllll the sweets! I'm not sure if we'll dress up yet (husband isn't known for his willingness to do fancy dress) but I'd like to! Suggestions very welcome!

What else have I got to report? Well, I'm currently in the Bahamas with work (again - I was here for a month in April/May this year). It's absolutely gorgeous here (the photo above is of part of the hotel grounds ) and I do feel very lucky to be given this opportunity. It is 115 degrees when you take into account the grotesque humidity though so it's not all fun and games

Anyway, given that I'm a complete loner in my hotel of an evening, I've been finalising our plans!

So, without further ado...

Day 1

Travel day! We fly at 12.45 from Manchester so will probably take advantage of one of the lounges beforehand. We should land at MCO at 4.45pm and we'll then take the Magical Express to Yacht Club. Check in, get excited about the fact we've got a balcony and then head to the Boardwalk for a pizza. If we're not too knackered we may pop into Epcot for Illuminations. I have booked a couple of FPs for this night - Spaceship Earth and Test Track (which we've never done!) - but if we're too tired or don't make it in time then it's not a big deal.

Day 2

Pop into Epcot for EMH. Possibly grab a little bite to eat from Les Halles as we'll no doubt be peckish after being up from about 4am We'll then head swiftly to Magic Kingdom as we've got a date in Beast's Castle for an early lunch at 11.25am. We've got afternoon FPs booked for SDMT, Jungle Cruise and Big Thunder Mountain. We're then planning to get a boat from MK to Wilderness Lodge as we've got a dinner reservation at Whispering Canyon Cafe at 5.55pm (love how precise the reservation times are ). I intend to disgrace myself with the All-You-Care-To-Enjoy Skillet and husband will probably drink about 12 milkshakes - #lifegoals. We'll then head back to MK for Happily Ever After and whatever rides we can make extra FPs for.

Day 3

The plan for today is Typhoon Lagoon. We'll probably get there for opening and spend the morning/early afternoon there. Well then head to Disney Springs, collect our $200 gift card, resist buying EVERYTHING in World of Disney and have a pizza from Blaze or a burger from D-Luxe for an early dinner. We'll be spending the evening in Animal Kingdom, with FPs for Na'vi River Journey, Kilimanjaro Safaris and Rivers of Light. Hoping to sneak on Expedition Everest in the dark too, so fingers crossed it's fairly quiet!

Day 4

We're off back to Animal Kingdom this morning for EMH. We've got FPs booked for Na'vi River Journey, Kilimanjaro Safaris and Kali River Rapids. Lunch will probably be at either Yak & Yeti Local Foods Cafe or Flame Tree BBQ. Or I might just get a big cocktail and some of the mac n cheese from Eight Spoon Cafe, as it looks amazing . In the afternoon we'll head to Hollywood Studios and will try and grab some FPs once all our AK ones are used. We've got the Star Wars dessert party this evening so I'll be basically living on cocktails and cupcakes today. Again, #lifegoals. After the Star Wars fireworks and if we're not dead on our feet we might head to Epcot as there are EMH until 12am. This is going to be an extremely busy day isn't it

Day 5

We may head to Hollywood Studios this morning or, if we're feeling like some non-park time we might go and play the Fantasia Gardens mini golf. If we do fancy HS then I've made some FPs for Toy Story Mania, Tower of Terror (for my husband, not me - I turned grey with fear last time I went on it) and Star Tours. We've then got brunch booked at California Grill which I am EXTREMELY excited about. Mimosas, sushi, pastries and lobster eggs benedict. I will be in my element and will probably have to be rolled out of there. We've got dinner booked at Sanaa (as today was originally supposed to be an AK day) so we'll head over to AKL a bit early so we can have a wander round and a look at some of the animals. We're then planning on having a couple of drinks at the monorail resorts before finishing up back at California Grill to watch HalloWishes from the viewing deck (using our receipt from earlier in the day). I may yet drop Sanaa from the itinerary as it's a bit of a faff having to go all the way over there but I really want that bread service!

Day 6

Today is an Epcot day, which I'm super excited about as it's my favourite park. We are planning on doing the Behind The Seeds tour in the morning, although we haven't booked it yet. We've got FPs booked for Spaceship Earth (as I doubt we'll make the one booked for our first night), Living with the Land (unnecessary but still) and Frozen! For lunch we might head to Tangierine Cafe for an early lunch as the food looks so nice from all the trip reports I've seen. We'll probably share something though as in the afternoon we'll be hitting the Food & Wine Festival booths and I've got a list as long as my arm of things I want to try! We'll spend the afternoon wandering and eating and then intend to head to Hollywood Studios in the evening for Fantasmic, which we didn't manage to see on our last trip.

So, that's the first 6 days! Some things are still subject to change but that's the rough plan. I'll be back with the next few daily plans soon!
Old 20 Jul 17, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Zomax25
VIP Dibber

Mobile

This sounds like such a fabulous trip. Very jealous!
Zomax25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

This sounds fabulous! So funny how similar our first few days were too

I'd really recommend the lounge we were in at T2-escape I think? Lovely and relaxing!

Soooo excited for you for MNSSHP! My hubby wouldn't dress up either but if you can don't go for anything too heavy as sure it'll be hooooot.

Cali Grill brunch = how jel! This sounds brilliant.

Sanaa does sound like a bit of a faff but I'm also very sad I didn't get to try the bread service so perhaps worth persevering

Hope you're enjoying your time in the Bahamas! Xx