This is really interesting. Thanks
Old 4 Apr 17, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
So helpful, as always
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 17, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I'm late to the party, but really enjoyed catching up!

Hope you are having a wonderful time
Old 4 Apr 17, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We're booked for CBR & doing the QSDP next summer so am really finding this interesting, lots more yummy food on the QSDP than I thought! My hubby will be pleased as he's convinced there's not many options and it's all burgers and nuggets!

Looking forward to more!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 17, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Enjoying reading and nice to put a face to the name!
If you're back in future world we ate at the Electric Umbrella and it was actually really good. The sausage and pepper sandwich was lovely but enormous!
Enjoy the rest of your time.
Old 4 Apr 17, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Really enjoying reading your report. Great reading about some of the qs options. Thank you
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 17, 03:36 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
The fruit tart looks gorgeous, it's very photogenic! Did they have some of the Starring Rolls cupcakes at Starbucks too?

It's a pity that the food court has disappointed, I think POR spoils us all! A real shame about the salad as it sounds tasty!
Sorry, not sure about the other cupcakes as my focus was solely on n the fruit tart once I'd spotted it. I'm planning on going back for another one though, so will see what sort of cupcake selection they have

Personally, I think all the QS food courts should be up to the standard of POR. We were happy with the POFQ one too, and even Artist's Palette at SSR was better for us than CBR. At least there are tasty options to be had in the parks and at Disney Springs

Originally Posted by darbs View Post
Loving reading along! How did you manage to get tickets for Ant & Dec on Saturday, will be great!
I applied to the Applause Store who manage the tickets for SNTA and was lucky enough to get chosen. Not really sure what to expect, but excited to be a part of it. The children love Ant and Dec and we haven't told them about it, so will be a great surprise for them

Originally Posted by Usababe View Post
Your doing a good job with this report! I'm enjoying it! The carrot cake cookie looks fab! Will def be trying one of those- do u know of anywhere else that sells them? I'm pleased you put on about the choc chip crime drink as I had seen that and wondered what it was like- so it's not a milkshake? Or is it? I never go into Starbucks either as I don't like coffee but this seem a nice alternative to fizzy drinks or water!
As far as I know, it's only available there, but I'm sure if any other dibbers have found it elsewhere, then they'll say. The chocolate crème is a milk shake but was more like a milkshake made with milk in consistency, rather than one made with ice cream. I think they use ice in it too, so maybe that made the difference. It was good though and will get another one when we go back

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Well done on the live report! I agree about POR food court compared to CBR after we visited last year. It's one of the things I'm looking forward to this year.
Thanks. Tbh, I think it's easier for me to do it this way rather than taking everything home and writing 2 weeks up then. We have some down time every day, so this is what I do in mine now. Enjoy POR

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I love the look if the fruit tart and the Starbucks drink. The Ant and Dec show on Saturday should be great fun for you all. We are looking forward to watching it and remembering we were there this time last year 😊. Thanks for the tip about phoning to add our birthdays on our bookings for next year when we book our ADRs, another thank you we owe you.
Enjoy the rest of your holiday ☺
The fruit tart and drink were really good. Pleased that I've been able to help with your planning

Originally Posted by jobelly View Post
Enjoying reading and nice to put a face to the name!
If you're back in future world we ate at the Electric Umbrella and it was actually really good. The sausage and pepper sandwich was lovely but enormous!
Enjoy the rest of your time.
Thank you. Might give it another look sometime, although I think the rest of our planned Epcot visits are centred around World Showcase, so maybe next time we go back

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 17, 04:33 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Day 6 - Snacking around Epcot and Outta Control Comedy Magic show at Wonderworks

Another day and it probably won't surprise you to see that breakfast looked like this:

It's not that we don't like food court breakfasts, more that we like our sleep more! So on days when we're heading out earlier or want to lie in, grabbing breakfast in our room suits us.

Today's lunches consisted of snacking around the world. First stop was Urban Farm Eats where we used 3 snack credits and ordered:
1 x Watermelon Salad with Pickled Onions, B&W Gourmet Farms Baby Arugula, Feta and Balsamic Reduction.
2 x Seared Pork Tenderloin with Mushroom Ragoût, Spring Vegetables and Fingerling Potatoes.
A couple of photos of each of these - one as it was presented and one with things moved around a bit to show more of what was included.

This was all absolutely delicious! I'm the only one in the family who eats water melon and I loved this little salad. Everyone agreed that the pork was great too. We'd order both of them again without hesitation

Next was Northern Bloom in Canada. Here I used 1QS credit in exchange for 3 snacks and we got:
Seared Scallops with French Green Beans, Butter Potatoes, Brown Butter Vinaigrette and Apple wood Smoked Bacon.
Beef Tenderloin Tips, Mushroom Bordelaise Sauce, Whipped Potatoes with Garden Vegetables.
Maple Popcorn Shake (non-alcoholic) - sorry about the photo but Brodie drank most of this before I started taking photos.

I don't eat seafood so Andy had the scallops and said they were really good and still tender. Izzy wanted to try them but her aversion to anything smoked meant they were a no go due to the smoked bacon on them. I ate the beef, which could have been more tender, but the sauce was tasty, mash smooth and carrot a welcome vegetable The milkshake was really good and Brodie happily devoured it and would definitely have it again, as would Andy with the scallops. The beef was nice enough, but I wouldn't go back for more.

Our next stop was in England, but not for the food booth. It was our annual stop at the Yorkshire fish and chip shop for Brodie as he loves the fish there. I used 1QS credit and got a portion of fish and chips with a bottle of water. I forgot to photograph this, so the photo is courtesy of the Disney Food Blog, and looks the same as ours did.

Brodie ate the fish with lashings of ketchup and Izzy and Andy ate the chips. So nice to be able to get a proper chunky chip in America

By now Izzy was chomping at the bit to get to France and order another portion of the chicken and crawfish dish we had a couple of days ago. We used 2 snack credits and ordered:
Poulet aux Écrevisses, Riz Pilaf: Baked Chicken with Crawfish served with Rice Pilaf.
Macaron Chocolat Framboise: Large Raspberry Macaron with Chocolate Fudge and Raspberry Jam.

Izzy devoured this again and wouldn't let anyone else near it. A definite hit with her. Andy and I shared the macaron. The chocolate ganache filing was really smooth and rich, but I couldn't taste the raspberry at all. Andy said he could really taste the raspberry so I guess I gave him the half with the blob of raspberry jam in it

Afterwards we treated ourselves to ice creams from L'Artisan des Glaces. I used 4 snack credits and we got:
Me - Waffle cone with a single scoop of salted caramel ice cream.
Andy - Strawberry and vanilla ice cream macaron.
Izzy - Waffle cone with mixed berry sorbet.
Brodie - Waffle cone with vanilla ice cream.

Not much to say here except that everything was really good

Back at CBR, the kids wanted a drink and snack, so we used 1QS credit and got them a pack of pretzels, pack of plain Lays and bottle of water.

Dinner was at the Outta Control Comedy Magic show at Wonderworks. It includes unlimited salad, pizza, soft drinks, wine and beer, plus dessert. As Izzy doesn't eat pizza, they did her a portion of chicken nuggets and fries, but I forgot to photograph them, as well as the brownie style dessert. They both came out while the show was on and I was enjoying that too much - especially once the children volunteered Andy to help out on stage. So funny!
Salad and pizza looked like this:

I was pleased to see the salad wasn't dressed and they had a tasty creamy style dressing available on the side. It was a fairly basic salary, but nice and fresh. The pizza was good, but could have done with a slightly thicker base as you had to eat it with your hands and it was quite floppy. Tasty though I wasn't a fan if the brownie style dessert as I could teste cinnamon which I can't stand. Everyone else was happy enough though.

That's it for food today. Not really sure what tomorrow will bring food wise as the only firm plans we have is an evening at Magic Kingdom. I'm thinking maybe a visit to Disney Springs, but I'll see how everyone feels in the morning.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019

Edited at 04:35 AM.
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 17, 05:15 AM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

Following its really great
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 17, 05:29 AM  
Link to this Post
mojo.121
Excited about Disney

Another great day thanks for sharing.
M
mojo.121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List