Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 8 Apr 17, 04:12 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
Those "jerk chips" look nothing like the ones we got at CBR! Ours were like kettle chips with lots of lovely jerk seasoning on them. How disappointing

We only ate at the food court a couple of times but my husband loved the Cuban sandwich they did. If they still do it, it's worth trying!

You're doing so well to keep this up! Really enjoying reading it
Yes, the chips were really bad. I looked at them again to see if we had a bad batch, but they looked exactly the same I've seen a Cuban breakfast sandwich, but it doesn't really appeal to me as a breakfast item. Not planning any more dinners there as we'll either be in the parks or at Disney Springs. Much better offerings there

Originally Posted by 0420wilmut View Post
Loving this Vickie! Very tempted to not upgrade to full DDP after reading this. Glad you're having a great time!
There is plenty of food and throwing in a few oop TS meals is a nice way to do it

Originally Posted by Shani View Post
Loving your report! It's amazing how much and the variety of food you can get on the QSDP, puts our previous efforts to shame! Looking forward to reading more
Thank you. I do like to read menus and research before I go. Plus I'm not a burger fan and and couldn't survive on junk style food for 2 weeks, so I like to know where the better/different options are

Originally Posted by 0420wilmut View Post
I forgot that you could use a Landry Card at Yak & Yeti. Food looked great too.
Yes, it really was good. I live the fact that you don't need to make an ADR and get seated quickly

Originally Posted by Disneyfreaks View Post
This is a great thread / we've always done DDP with table service but DH Keeps suggesting we do the QS next time but I'm scared I'll go hungry (I'm a big eater) plus i always thought it was just pizza, burgers n chips...!
Honestly, there's plenty if food on the QSDP. We have 2 hungry teenagers with us and will still have credits left over when we check out. Our cases will be full of snacks! You can always throw in the odd TS meal and pay oop like we've done

Originally Posted by beegnjasmum View Post
Brilliant thread, some beautiful looking food. Like you I don't drink coffee and that Starbucks chocolate drink looks amazing.

Have a great holiday. So impressed that you are managing to keep up with the report in such detail.
Until this holiday I'd never even stepped foot in a Starbucks! I only went in this one as I'd read that my beloved fruit tart was available in it. The chocolate drink is lovely. They do a few coffee free drinks, but the only other one I can remember right now I'd a strawberries and cream one.

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
Some more great updates. We did Yak n Yeti for the first time last year. Will definitely return and we pay as not on dining plans.

Re starbucks non coffee iced frappes... if you find them a bit too much ice, you can ask for less ice and they just put more milk in and it makes it a little more milkshaky! I always find half way through I've sucked all the milk and my cup is full of icy slush!
Thank you. That's a good tip and one I'll make use of

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I really like the QS omelettes, we have had so many of the Create-Your-Own ones at Pop/POR I couldn't even start to count!

Great that Blaze and D-Luxe Burger are next to each other, I want to try both and I am not the best at navigating Disney Springs so happy that should be easy enough.

Enjoy Ant & Dec tomorrow! I'll be looking out for you all.
Yes, I had quite a few omelettes at POR last year too. Also liked their yoghurt parfait.

Blade and D-Luxe being so close to each other is great for us. They're in the middle section of Disney Springs and very easy to find if you're using the bus service which now stops there instead if at the Marketplace.

Looking forward to tomorrow. Told the children today as it will mean an earlier start than we've been having. They're so excited!

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
Love the veggies on that pizza from Blaze! Yum!

Sorry you didn't get "Happy" as your waiter at Yak and Yeti. Glad the food was good even if the service was surly.

I've never seen Ant and/or Dec - but I gather they are a big deal - hope your kids love the show!
After Bering told I couldn't have the salad I wanted to like the veggies on the pizza. I could have paid for a salad I suppose, but it feels wrong somehow when I have free food available

Yes, we definitely didn't get 'Happy' (or maybe 'Dopey' would be an appropriate name too). We got grumpy. Wonder if they have all of the dwarves working there?

The kids are excited for the show. I'm happy to be able to sit down for a few hours as the feet sure do take some pounding on these holidays!

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 17, 05:05 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Day 9 - CBR, Hollywood Studios and snacking around Epcot

Thanks again for all the comments. I've tried to reply to as many as possible, but do have limited time as we're still on holiday, so sorry if I've missed you out. All comments are really appreciated though

There's lots of food today! We started off with breakfast at CBR, managing to get there before 11am today! We used our resort mugs for drinks again and ordered:
Me - pancakes with fresh fruit and pain au chocolat.
Andy - western omelette with breakfast potatoes and pain au chocolat.
Izzy - pancakes with fresh fruit and croissant.
Brodie - bounty platter with pain au chocolat.

The fresh strawberries and blueberries with the pancakes was really nice. The 'fruit' that comes as standard is some tinned strawberry compote creation, so you have to ask if you want fresh fruit. They get it from the create your own yoghurt parfait ingredients. Well worth asking though. Everything else was enjoyed by all and the pastries taken back to our room for a snack later on.

Next stop was Hollywood Studios. We didn't really have lunch as such, but I was craving a fruit tart so we had a snack pit stop instead. We ordered:
Me - fruit tart
Izzy - lemon cake
Brodie - large chocolate chip frappe
I used 1 QS credit to pay. Andy didn't want anything at that point although he did end up helping Izzy eat her cake and Brodie drink the frappe. The fruit tart was so good! I did also take photos of what else was on offer as I know people are looking out for their favourite Starting Rolls treats. Hopefully you'll be able to spot some of them.

Dinner was from World Showcase at Epcot. Izzy's obsessed with the chicken and crawfish dish at the food booth in France so we ordered 2 portions and a bottle of water for her using 1 QS credit. She refused to let me photograph them on the basis that I already have photos and she just wanted to tuck in!

We stayed in France and went to Les Halles Boulangerie where we ordered:
Me - crčme brulee
Andy - Dinde BLT: Turkey, Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato and Garlic Aioli with a strawberry smoothie
Izzy - plain baguette
Brodie - plain baguette and butter
I used 1 QS credit for Andy's BLT and smoothie, and 2 snack credits for the baguettes (they'd run out of whole baguettes so gave me 2 half baguettes instead) and crčme brulee.

The crčme brulee was really good for a mass produced QS one. The texture was lovely and creamy and the sugar on top cracked perfectly. I do miss the crčme brulee from Wolfgang Puck Express, so it's nice to find one elsewhere. Andy's BLT was good, especially as they'd toasted it for him too. The baguettes were a hit, as fresh baguette always is

We then snacked our way around the world making good use of some of the snack credits we'd accumulated. Sorry, but comments on these will be brief as it's late and I'm ready for bed, but don't want to leave today half done.

Taste of Marrakesh:
Andy had the Merguez “Hot Dog” Sausage: Spicy Beef and Lamb with Satueed Onions and Green Peppers.

Thumbs up from Andy

Florida Fresh
Me - Carne Asada with Black Bean Cake and Cilantro Lime Sour Cream and Fresh-Squeezed Watermelon Juice

This was really tasty and something I'd have again. Despite loving watermelon, I wasn't keen on the drink as it had a funny after taste, so I wouldn't get that again.

The Smokehouse:
Me and Andy: Warm Chocolate Cake with Bourbon-Salted Caramel Sauce and Spiced Pecans.

I was a bit concerned that the spiced pecans on this would mean more cinnamon, but fortunately they were candied and sweet rather than spiced. You could taste the bourbon on the caramel sauce, but I found it left a banana taste in my mouth, so let Andy eat most if this after I'd picked the pecans out.

So sorry, but tiredness has got the better of me, so I'll finish this off tomorrow.

Sorry for the delay in finishing this day. We had a busy one today with Saturday Night Takeaway and then La Nouba. Back now, so I'll get yesterday finished and hopefully make a start on today.

Okay, so our next stop in the World Showcase was Primavera Kitchen in Italy. We used 1 snack credit and ordered:
Meatball Parmigiana: Hand-made Beef and Veal Meatballs, Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella, Parmigiana and Fresh Basil.

This was scrummy! It was a really good sized portion too. We all dug in to this and fought over them

Then it was on to Bauernmarkt in Germany. Andy used a snack credit and got:
Roasted Bratwurst with Curry Ketchup and Paprika-spiced Chips.

He wasn't keen on the sausage on its own, but liked it with the curry ketchup. He really liked the paprika crisps. Not one we'd get again though.

Our last 2 stops were in Showcase Plaza. First off, La Isla Fresca where we used 1QS credit and got:
Jamaican-braised Beef with Pigeon Pea Rice and Micro Cilantro.
Sugar Cane Shrimp Skewer with Steamed Rice and Coconut Lime Sauce.
Bottle of water.

There are a couple of things missing from the photos - it was the end of the night and they'd run out of micro cilantro, which wasn't an issue. Then with the shrimp we asked them to leave off the coconut lime sauce as these were for Izzy.
I was so impressed with the beef. It was a big piece and the plastic knife went through it like it was butter. It was so tender! Izzy loved the shrimp, so much so that we used another snack credit and got a second portion for her. She was very amused by the fact that the CM serving us came from a place called Flippin.

Our final stop was The Berry Basket for the lamb chop. I used one snack credit:
Lamb chop with Quinoa Salad and Blackberry Gastrique

I had really been looking forward to this, but the blackberry gastrique was so sweet and tasted just like jam. They put loads of it on too. I ended up scraping as much off as I could and ate the lamb which was tender and full of flavour. I couldn't really eat too much of the quinoa salad though due to the jam. Next time I'll ask them to leave it off. I would be better with a scone and some cream

That's it for this day. Next up: Magic Kingdom and Rainforest Café

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019

Edited at 04:44 AM.
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 17, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

Great snacks at Epcot. That chocolate pudding with the caramel topping looked yummy. Apart from the disappointing food court I hope you are enjoying CBR.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 17, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

Your photos always look lovely and could eat a fruit tart right now! Can't believe how many credits you still have left... you can eat your way through the next 4.5 days!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 17, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Really appreciate your effort of doing this daily, I'm loving all the updates. Delighted to hear that you are having great luck with exchanging 3 SC for a QS, I know that will depend on any given day/CM/location etc.

We have also done DDP & QSDP previously and find QSDP works better for us with a few sit-down meals planned OOP. This year we have a Landry card, I'm happy to have the flexibility of not having to pre-book.

Looking forward to the rest of your updates
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 17, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Queen_Elsa
Imagineer

Thanks for posting this Vickie, and please don't apologise! Your posts are much appreciated, and I'm sure we all want you to enjoy your holiday with your lovely family too

Port Orleans Riverside 2014
Caribbean Beach 2015
Caribbean Beach 2016
Caribbean Beach 2017... Now Animal Kingdom Lodge
Queen_Elsa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 17, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Yes your birthday $25 is added each year - it's valid from 1st day of birthday month and is valid for 6 weeks. We used dh's for rainforest cafe - think it was 3rd year of getting the bonus.
Thank you for the reply that's really helpful because I didn't realise they added $25 each year. That would mean that we would have $50 on it as we haven't been for two years? Is that right?

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 17, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
0420wilmut
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Thank you for the reply that's really helpful because I didn't realise they added $25 each year. That would mean that we would have $50 on it as we haven't been for two years? Is that right?

Kat
No sadly they expire. The below is from the Landry website t&c's

Birthday Reward: Members will earn a $25 reward on the first day of their birthday month that can be redeemed anytime during their birthday month. Birthday Rewards will automatically be applied on your first visit to the restaurant during your birthday month, unless you select to defer the reward. Birthday Rewards expire on the 15th of the month following your birthday month; if you defer your Birthday Reward it will expire on the 15th if unused. If a member joins and registers during their birthday month, the Birthday Reward will automatically be added to the account 24 hours after account registration. Regardless of account registration date, the Birthday Reward will expire on the 15th of the following month.
May 2023 POP & 1 night RPR
0420wilmut is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 17, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

They do email you to say credit has been added and another telling you to use it before it expires. Dh's birthday is October so they added the $25 credit 1/10 and we used it at rainforest 4/11. You get $50 the first year as you pay $25 for the card that is credited to it - so still just $25 free for your birthday.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 17, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Great to see we can still swap our drinks for snacks/desserts in the foodcourt 😊. Hope you enjoy your last few days.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List