Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 11 Apr 17, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Shani View Post
Yes, sorry Vickie

But thank you, that's amazing, so glad I asked now. My daughter will be over the moon!
Originally Posted by MissFortune View Post
No problem. I don't think you have any need to say sorry, it's me posting food pictures in someone else's food report.
Neither of you need to say sorry I have no clue about the tikka masala at Yak and Yeti so pleased someone was able to help out

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

Absolutely brilliant report so far, so helpful

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I'm waiting to see what you spend all the leftover credits on...I recommend the two inch thick Minnie's Bakeshop cookies!
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Have just caught up on your report so far - loving it!

So many good eats I've certainly added several to my list for next month

Can't wait for the rest!

Hope you're having a brilliant trip x
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
solliss
Apprentice Imagineer

Absolutely loving this post, so informative. Thanks for taking the time to share
Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe - August 2014
We're going back August 2017, 1st time onsite - CBR + 1 week I Drive
solliss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
anniebee65
Imagineer

Absolutely loving this report also. We're doing QSDP for the first time and staying at POR so this report is perfect timing for us. Really enjoying reading along!
anniebee65 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
madhatter3
Imagineer

madhatter3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Another great repor... the curry will be a hit with my son, and blaze pizzas will go down well with my lot, and I will enjoy the chicken and mash.

madhatter3 hat trick pre tripee april 16http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=11091819#post11091819
madhatter3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 17, 02:41 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Day 13 - CBR, POR and Magic Kingdom

Our last full day We started it with breakfast at CBR, using 4QS credits and our resort mugs. We got:
Me - Mickey waffles with bacon and strawberries wjth a strawberry and banana smoothie.
Andy - Feta and spinach omelette with sausages and a pain au chocolat.
Izzy - Pancakes with a croissant.
Brodie - Chocolate chip pancakes with sausages and a croissant.

The Mickey waffles were disappointing They were really stodgy and seemed undercooked in the middle. The strawberries was a warm strawberry compote, the type that's used on strawberry flan, rather than fresh strawberries. The smoothie was refreshing, but stronger in banana flavour than strawberry.
Andy said his omelette was really tasty and he wished he'd tried it sooner in the holiday. A definite hit and I think he'll be having it for breakfast tomorrow morning. Izzy and Brodie were happy enough with their pancakes and croissants.

For lunch we decided to go to POR for some of the food that we all enjoyed so much last year. We used 4QS credits and ordered far too much food! We should have remembered how large the portions were. We got:
Me - Create your own salad with mixed salad leaves, chicken, cucumber, tomatoes, red peppers, grated carrot, chickpeas, walnuts, pecans and an Asian sesame ginger dressing. Two photos of mine - one in the bowl that it comes in and one with some on a plate.
Andy - Tuna salad sandwich on a multi grain croissant with house-made chips (crisps).
Izzy - Create your own pasta with fettuccine, alfredo sauce, chicken, onion, spinach, broccoli, peas and mushrooms with a breadstick.
Brodie - Create your own pasta with penne, alfredo sauce, chicken, broccoli, mushrooms and parmesan with a breadstick.

(Pasta photos by Brodie again, so not the best!)
The salad was so good, but a massive portion. I often ended up taking some back to the room last year to pop in the fridge and tuck in to later. There's a wide choice of ingredients that you can add and 4 different dressings, plus olive oil and balsamic. They're so fresh and tasty and I've really missed the option this year. Andy really enjoyed his tuna salad croissant, but added some salt to the chips as they were a bit bland. Izzy and Brodie tucked in to their pasta with enthusiasm and delight. However, both only managed about half of their portion as they are big. So, Andy helped out a bit and enjoyed them too. Everything was as good as we remembered it

Afterwards I used another QS credit to get 3 cookies and cream milkshakes.

These are so good and we had them all the time last year. They're freshly made with whichever ice cream flavour you choose as they have proper scooping ice cream at POR rather than just the soft serve that's at CBR.

At Magic Kingdom we used 4 snack credits at the Plaza ice cream parlour and Main Street Bakery to get:
Me - Double scoop of cookies and cream ice cream.
Andy - Double scoop of raspberry sorbet.
Brodie - Double scoop of cookies and cream ice cream.
Izzy - Lemon cake.

All really good, but the ice cream and sorbet portions were huge and really filling!

Dinner was a low key event at CBR with only 2 of us ordering something as we'd filled up quite a lot on ice cream!
Izzy - plain pasta with grilled chicken, a breadstick and chocolate chip cookie.
Me - Vegetable flatbread with a packet of pretzels for Brodie.

My flatbread was okay. A nice amount of vegetables on it, but could have done with a bit more sauce on the base. I yearned for a pizza from Blaze though. Izzy said her chicken was really good, and the pasta was, well, pasta!

The night was finished off with 3 snacks - 1 box of Ritz crackers and 2 pain au chocolat.

Tomorrow is the day we travel home I'm not expecting much from food tomorrow tbh, as think we'll be at CBR, then MCO, then JFK with some plane food I'll finish the report off as soon as I'm back home.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019

Edited at 03:47 AM.
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 17, 06:01 AM  
Link to this Post
mojo.121
Excited about Disney

Another good food day it all looked mmm especially the ice cream.
Have a safe journey home.
M.
mojo.121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 17, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Have enjoyed reading along every morning. Thanks for sharing.

Safe journey home.

Mrs P
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List