Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 27 May 18, 02:19 AM  
Link to this Post
chazb
Excited about Disney

And then there were 7- day 7- live report

Photos at the end

Day 7- AK, Grand Floridian and california grill

Everyone slept in again today. I was up at 6.30,so got ready and went over to carriage house to grab breakfast and hot drinks. We decided to get the bus over to art of animation hotel today to have a look around and decided to just jump on the first bus that came and then transfer from there. The first bus that came along was an AK bus, so off we went. When we got there tho, I thought we would be cutting it a bit fine, to get to art of animation and be at the grand Floridian by 1, so we decided to go into AK for an hour. Darcey and I queued to meet Pocahontas and the rest of them went on dinosaur, which was only a 25 min wait but they waited around 15 mins. Pocahontas was lovely and Darcey really enjoyed meeting her.

We then jumped on a bus to the grand floridian, as the girls were booked in to the wonderland tea party. The hotel does have the wow factor but it wasn’t as special as I thought it would be and the 2 members of staff we asked about checking in for the party were actually quite rude and unhelpful. We were a little early so we went round to the quick service where we ordered some food for the adults and went and sat outside overlooking the lagoon with a castle view.

I took the girls back round to check in and they were happy to go off on their own. We ordered 5 qs meals and they were very yummy. 2x chicken and mushroom pizza and 2x chicken, ham and Brie burgers with 2 beers, a cider and a cupcake, and Finley had a chicken nugget meal.

We went to pick up the girls at 2.55, and you have to show your passport to pick them up. I wasn’t told this when I booked it, so lucky I already had it on me. The girls had a really lovely time and said it was so much fun. They had tea and cake and Alice and the mad hatter came in to play and talk with them. When they left they had a small bunch of fresh flowers, a windmill and a box which had a china teapot and cup and saucer. The teapot was signed by the characters and the girls decorated their own cup and saucer. The photos that they got were really lovely too.

Jumped on the bus back to AK and then on to Saratoga. We had an hour rest and then me and adam got ready as we had a reservation at california grill. We got the bus to MK at 6.30 and then walked over to the contemporry. We were seated at around 7.35 and had an amazing table, right by the window. The food was also so gorgeous we had a ribeye and a pork tenderloin and white chocolate creme brulee and churros. We then went outside to watch the fireworks! AMAZING! You cant see all the projections on the castle but still a brilliant spot to watch them from! I have attached a video. The bill came to $200 with tip but we used 4TS credits.
My mum and dad took the kids over to carriage house for some dinner and then back for bath and bed!

Thanks for reading HS tomorrow x

chazb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 18, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
How lovely that you got to have a meal just the two of you at cali grill. It looks like the girls enjoyed meeting Alice and the Mad Matter at their tea party.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 18, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Gorgeous photo's
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 18, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good day and a nice meal and fireworks to finish

Joan