Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Oct 18, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Good luck on the ironing front Tom! Are you sure that it isn’t worth using an ironing service lol? And I don’t mean you!
I’m glad that the treatment that your wife received was so good. It’s such a shame that the little fella hasn’t had that same level of care from the GP’s. To go from over prescription of anti biotics to virtually zero is nuts. Every case should be treated individually. Some infections are never going to be cleared up without them so a blanket ban is short sighted.
Your poor daughter. It’s hard enough seeing your little ones so poorly without having to fight for their care as well.
Old 1 Oct 18, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Poor little sausage x
Old 1 Oct 18, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Grumps Mrs
VIP Dibber

Glad to hear both family members are on the mend.
I'm sure Mrs M will supervise your ironing to ensure it's up to her standards - you may need a holiday to recover from the recovery

I think you are correct in saying Mums know best - our DGS had a chest infection for months earlier this year. His GP was of the leave it another 5 days variety.
On the last visit he said he could hear "some" crackling on his lungs but still didn't want to prescribe antibiotics - completely crazy as DGS was less than a year old and producing thick green mucus (sorry if that's TMI).
DDiL wasn't leaving without a prescription that time though and sure enough a few days after starting the medicine he began to pick up - also managed to sleep through instead of waking up choking several times a night!
The NHS does a great job under trying circumstances, but sometimes a dose of common sense in the beginning could relieve a lot of pressure.
Grumps Mrs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 18, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Hope recovery is speedy for them both
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 18, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Pleased to hear all went well with Mrs TM’s op. Wishing her a speedy recovery, and hope, once healed, that the op is a success for her. Living in constant pain and discomfort is incredibly draining.

I can’t stand ironing so can’t help there, but must admit I’m a big fan of pyjamas! Although more for around the house in an evening rather than to sleep in.

Sorry to hear about your grandson. GP’s can and often do get it wrong, it’s only human - as you said, 10 minutes to diagnose someone really isn’t enough to get the full picture. The problems come when they then fail to admit they may have got it wrong and investigate further. Hope he is soon on the road to recovery! Such a shame he has had to go through all of this, although it never ceases to amaze me how resilient kids can be.
DisneyStacey is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 18, 05:03 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

My heart goes out to you daughter. There is nothing worse than knowing there’s nothing you can do when your child is ill I really hope your poor wife comes through it all too. Wishing you all well.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 18, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYLIZ
Imagineer

Hope your wife and grandson are feeling better. We have had a major battle with the mum in law's doctors - they are useless. They have let her down in every way. Unfortunately she passed away last week.
DISNEYLIZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 18, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Thank you for the best wishes everybody.

My Wife has just got up and looks better than yesterday

I must ring the Insurers today to see what they say now she has had her op. I doubt things will change as they didn't increase the premium pre operation. Hey ho if they do they do.

All being well we will go up to Notts next Friday week to see the Grandchildren. Will buy some toys for them as they work miracles in my experience.

I may see the Grandson this Thursday as I am hiring a van to take a load of furniture up there. Mmm, nice 360 mile round trip in under 8 hours to get the van back.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 18, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
chazb
Excited about Disney

Having been a paediatric nurse for 10 years at a London hospital, and leaving the service 3 years ago, due to the cost of childcare for 2 children, my feeling change daily for the NHS. I know how hard everyone works and does their best, sometimes I worked 13 hour days with no break not even stopping to go to the toilet, but at the end the increasing amount of politics was taking over. I chose to be a nurse to comfort and support patients not spend hours filling in forms. Even now I have mixed emotions. My husband had been ill for over 18 months and the first time I went to the gp with him I said to the gp that I was pretty sure he had diabetes. The gp laughed at me and said men his age don’t get diabetes but sent him for bloods which when we rang 2 days later were told were clear. To cut a long story short my husband has been a year going back and forth to the doctors and finally I said enough is enough and he needs to be referred as he is so poorly. This last gp we saw said we will send him for one final set of bloods and then if not will refer. We get a call the next day saying he has to go straight to hospital, his blood sugar is so high they dont know how he is not in a coma. Turns out all the previous times I had said about diabetes and they sent him for bloods they hadn’t been testing his blood sugar levels even though they said they would. He is now a type 1 diabetic having to inject insulin at least 4 times a day and his levels were so high it took 3 months on the insulin before his levels returned to normal. Even the diabetic team are telling us to Sue our gp but having previously worked for the nhs and them helping me out numerous times in the past I can’t bring myself to do it, but I am unhappy with them. I’m glad your grandson is finally getting the care he deserves but is such a shame it took so long. Hope he gets better soon x
chazb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 18, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

My son suffered with a chesty cough for months at age 18 months. He coughed so much he was sick. I was backwards and forwards to the gp every week. In the end I asked for a second opinion from a different gp at the same surgery who asked for blood tests to be done. Son had a kidney infection and the cough was a side effect. The original gp turned up on my doorstep on a Saturday morning to apologise having received the results. 4 days on the correct antibiotics and he was fine. Doctors are not infallible.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List