Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Oct 21, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Ste
Imagineer

Ste's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Was there in Feb 2020… and didn’t experience anything extreme (I was disappointed lol)
There was a tad bit of frost one morning, but the rest of the trip it was about 8-10c. Difficult wearing a big coat because it’s so warm when you go into shops / attractions.

I have had customers go in Feb though and got stuck there for an extra 4 days (for free!)due to storm nemo and it’s snowstorm.

It will be Feb when I visit again due to the low prices over weekends 🤣
Old 3 Oct 21, 06:01 AM  
Link to this Post
jasminedivas
Apprentice Imagineer

jasminedivas's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’ve done February half term before and would definitely do it again. Yes it was freezing but amazing blue skies and lots of places to warm up. If you go prepared with the right clothing expecting it to be cold then you will have a great time. As others have said if it snows they put us to shame, all the footpaths are cleared as well as the roads.

Comfort Inn LBV 1999, All Star movies 2003/4/6. Villas 2007/8/9/10/12. Wash DC NYE 2012, NY and LV 14. Orlando, NYC & IAD 15, Orlando & beach 16,17. NY & IAD 2019. West coast 2022 planned.
jasminedivas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Pottermouse
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi, we were in NYC for our sons 21st birthday. As others have said, be prepared for the weather. We left Manchester in snow and NYC but nothing whilst we were there which was a tad disappointing but there was some still laying around in Central Park. There were days which were extremely cold but others when fleeces were more than enough. We would definitely go back in February in a heartbeat. Enjoy 😊

Wynnfield Inn Sept 00, Spring Hill Suites LBV Oct 07, POR Aug 08 & Aug 09, Sandy Ridge Villa Oct 10, Sheraton Park Anaheim 11, Scottsdale 12, Las Vegas Jun 13, Scottsdale 14, Dallas 15, OKW 16, Cuba 17, Cuba 18, Beach Club 19 & Kraków Nov 19.
Pottermouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneySarah
Apprentice Imagineer

DisneySarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We went in early February and it was cold, but manageable. I think it was between 0 and -5 most days. The only time we felt too cold was when we went up the Empire State Building 😂. We didn’t have any snow but did have snow when we went in mid April, so you just never know!
Old 7 Oct 21, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
I think you went similar time to us. Feb half term 2019. It was fairly pleasant until our last day when it snowed. We were then stuck sat on the plane on the tarmac for 5 hours. Worst flight of my life !

I would still go at that time again though. It was a wonderful trip, sun, clear blue skies.
Just go prepared, thermals, handwarmers ( we didn’t need them and gave them to a homeless man), lots of layered clothing rather than thick jumpers and a good pair of walking boots.

We done the same for our Dec visit, took thermals and handwarmers and ended up giving them to the homeless, some days we didn't even need a coat.
It snowed heavy on last few days we were stuck in runway for nearly 4 hours but absolutely loved seeing NYC in snow.
Old 7 Oct 21, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We went mid-Jan back in 2013. Was very cold, but we just wrapped up.

The only issue we had (which I don’t think was particular to the time of year) was fog. Arrived on a Thursday afternoon to clear blue skies and sunshine but we’re too tired to start the “touristy” bits in earnest. Next morning we woke up to thick fog and it didn’t clear for the rest of our stay - meant we couldn’t do the Empire State Building or Top of the Rock, which was a shame. Didn’t stop us having a great time though.
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List