Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 21 Nov 21, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
#51
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber
 
scottishgirl1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10
We are in Ireland but we booked today at midnight for ours. We had been checking every day last few days and it always showed very little availability.

At midnight it went to the 18th December for us and showed one hour available but we got 3 of us booked in
scottishgirl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
#52
jentill
VIP Dibber
 
jentill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 06
Location: Highlands, Scotland

jentill's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 11
Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
I gave up with Boots after checking the test would be available at a nearby one once I completed check in cc details etc it told me my nearest is at East Kilbride about 50 miles away.

Cancelled and rebooked with Express Test at Edinburgh airport. Bit more expensive but at least it's reasonably local.
This has been my concern as we live in the Highlands and Iím concerned which one would be seen as our closest available one.
__________________
Walt Disney World: 2007, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022
Disney Cruise: 2007
Disneyland Paris: 2003, 2004, 2017,2018
jentill is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
#53
FloridaAnn & Co
Imagineer
 
FloridaAnn & Co's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 06
Location: London
Hi all 😎We are flying out on a Wednesday so booking test for Sunday, is that right?
Thanks
__________________
Anne
FloridaAnn & Co is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
#54
tinkerella123
Imagineer
 
tinkerella123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 14
Mobile

Originally Posted by FloridaAnn & Co View Post
Hi all 😎We are flying out on a Wednesday so booking test for Sunday, is that right?
Thanks
When I looked there wasnít any boots doing them over a weekend, so if you want to book with boots then I would try for the Monday.. Sunday is the earliest for the test, so mon or tues will be fine.
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
#55
tinkerella123
Imagineer
 
tinkerella123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 14
Mobile

Originally Posted by jentill View Post
This has been my concern as we live in the Highlands and Iím concerned which one would be seen as our closest available one.
If you let me know your nearest town I can check for you.
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
#56
FloridaAnn & Co
Imagineer
 
FloridaAnn & Co's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 06
Location: London
Thanks very much for your reply Tinkerella !
__________________
Anne

Edited at 09:27 PM.
FloridaAnn & Co is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
#57
moosha
VIP Dibber
 
moosha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 11
Originally Posted by tinkerella123 View Post
When I looked there wasnít any boots doing them over a weekend, so if you want to book with boots then I would try for the Monday.. Sunday is the earliest for the test, so mon or tues will be fine.
Milton Keynes and Oxford are doing them on weekends but availability isnít great.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
#58
moosha
VIP Dibber
 
moosha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 11
I forgot about this last night as we went out to the cinema but just woke up in a panic and logged on. I managed to get us all consecutive appointments on the afternoon of 19th December at our local Boots which is what I wanted.

There was only one slot every 15 minutes and I had to book us each one separately which I donít think is right, as I said upthread the message I got when registering on the recova site was that I couldnít register us all as a family group if the tests are for travel. When you book the test though it just uses your Boots.com login.

However Iím not convinced I should have four separate appointments for us but I guess weíll just go along on the day and see what they say. Iím not going to release those appointments as I definitely wonít be able to get them again.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
#59
YorkshireRose
Proud to wear my Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 21
Location: Yorkshire
I booked 6 separate appointments, there is a blue one-page ticklish sheet on boots website that shoes what you use for which test (someone has posted it on a thread on here, not sure where) anyway it says on that you cannot do a group booking for the rapid antigen tests. I also went into the boots store the other day to check they have our bookings! As it stands everything is fine, the lady put me at ease regarding availability of tests and trained staff. It's all such a worry!
YorkshireRose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
#60
tinkerella123
Imagineer
 
tinkerella123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 14
Mobile

Originally Posted by moosha View Post
I forgot about this last night as we went out to the cinema but just woke up in a panic and logged on. I managed to get us all consecutive appointments on the afternoon of 19th December at our local Boots which is what I wanted.

There was only one slot every 15 minutes and I had to book us each one separately which I donít think is right, as I said upthread the message I got when registering on the recova site was that I couldnít register us all as a family group if the tests are for travel. When you book the test though it just uses your Boots.com login.

However Iím not convinced I should have four separate appointments for us but I guess weíll just go along on the day and see what they say. Iím not going to release those appointments as I definitely wonít be able to get them again.
What you done is correct, each person has their own booking of 15 min, the option is there if you wanted to have one family having the test at another store, also boots will do a retest if the 1st test didnít work.
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Rollercoaster
On 21st January 11:31am
Busch Gardens Tampa Bay will open Iron Gwazi, the world’s fastest and steepest hybrid coaster,... Read More »
Posted in international Flower & Garden Festival
On 13th January 11:35am
This March the Garden Rocks Concert series returns to EPCOT at the International Flower &... Read More »
Posted in Seaworld
On 4th January 2:22pm
Get ready for uncharted chills on the all-new Ice Breaker coaster at SeaWorld Orlando! Named... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.3272
CaxtonFX  $1.3213
Covent Garden FX  $1.3338
FAIRFX  $1.3249
John Lewis  $1.3282
M&S  $1.3076
Post Office  $1.3062
Sainsburys  $1.3242
TESCO  $1.3275
Travelex  $1.3243
Updated: 16:00 23/01/2022
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1696
CaxtonFX  €1.1620
Covent Garden FX  €1.1763
FAIRFX  €1.1680
John Lewis  €1.1710
M&S  €1.1523
Post Office  €1.1508
Sainsburys  €1.1674
TESCO  €1.1698
Travelex  €1.1700
Updated: 16:00 23/01/2022

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now