Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Nov 21, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

We are in Ireland but we booked today at midnight for ours. We had been checking every day last few days and it always showed very little availability.

At midnight it went to the 18th December for us and showed one hour available but we got 3 of us booked in
scottishgirl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
jentill
Imagineer

jentill's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 11
Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
I gave up with Boots after checking the test would be available at a nearby one once I completed check in cc details etc it told me my nearest is at East Kilbride about 50 miles away.

Cancelled and rebooked with Express Test at Edinburgh airport. Bit more expensive but at least it's reasonably local.
This has been my concern as we live in the Highlands and I’m concerned which one would be seen as our closest available one.
jentill is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaAnn & Co
Imagineer

Hi all 😎We are flying out on a Wednesday so booking test for Sunday, is that right?
Thanks
Old 21 Nov 21, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by FloridaAnn & Co View Post
Hi all 😎We are flying out on a Wednesday so booking test for Sunday, is that right?
Thanks
When I looked there wasn’t any boots doing them over a weekend, so if you want to book with boots then I would try for the Monday.. Sunday is the earliest for the test, so mon or tues will be fine.
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jentill View Post
This has been my concern as we live in the Highlands and I’m concerned which one would be seen as our closest available one.
If you let me know your nearest town I can check for you.
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaAnn & Co
Imagineer

Thanks very much for your reply Tinkerella !

Edited at 09:27 PM.
FloridaAnn & Co is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by tinkerella123 View Post
When I looked there wasn’t any boots doing them over a weekend, so if you want to book with boots then I would try for the Monday.. Sunday is the earliest for the test, so mon or tues will be fine.
Milton Keynes and Oxford are doing them on weekends but availability isn’t great.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

I forgot about this last night as we went out to the cinema but just woke up in a panic and logged on. I managed to get us all consecutive appointments on the afternoon of 19th December at our local Boots which is what I wanted.

There was only one slot every 15 minutes and I had to book us each one separately which I don’t think is right, as I said upthread the message I got when registering on the recova site was that I couldn’t register us all as a family group if the tests are for travel. When you book the test though it just uses your Boots.com login.

However I’m not convinced I should have four separate appointments for us but I guess we’ll just go along on the day and see what they say. I’m not going to release those appointments as I definitely won’t be able to get them again.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireRose
Proud to wear my Ears

I booked 6 separate appointments, there is a blue one-page ticklish sheet on boots website that shoes what you use for which test (someone has posted it on a thread on here, not sure where) anyway it says on that you cannot do a group booking for the rapid antigen tests. I also went into the boots store the other day to check they have our bookings! As it stands everything is fine, the lady put me at ease regarding availability of tests and trained staff. It's all such a worry!
YorkshireRose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by moosha View Post
I forgot about this last night as we went out to the cinema but just woke up in a panic and logged on. I managed to get us all consecutive appointments on the afternoon of 19th December at our local Boots which is what I wanted.

There was only one slot every 15 minutes and I had to book us each one separately which I don’t think is right, as I said upthread the message I got when registering on the recova site was that I couldn’t register us all as a family group if the tests are for travel. When you book the test though it just uses your Boots.com login.

However I’m not convinced I should have four separate appointments for us but I guess we’ll just go along on the day and see what they say. I’m not going to release those appointments as I definitely won’t be able to get them again.
What you done is correct, each person has their own booking of 15 min, the option is there if you wanted to have one family having the test at another store, also boots will do a retest if the 1st test didn’t work.