Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 15 Nov 21, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
#71
loldis
Imagineer
 
Join Date: May 17
Location: Sussex
Originally Posted by rambocat1974 View Post
Lots of great information, but sorry, more questions.

We fly at 14:30 on a Saturday to Miami, our group is 4 fully vaccinated adults, 1 single jab 13 y/o and an unjabbed 7 y/o.

Am I correct in saying that the adults have to do a test max 3 days before departure and the 2 kids as 'unvaccinated' will need to do a test max 1 day before?

My Niece is travelling with us and her grandparents, so does that affect her rules as it refers to travelling with vaccinated parents?

I presume then that their test will have to be scheduled for after 14:30 on the Friday in order to comply with the requirement?

The kids will then have to visit a pharmacy from day 3-5 after arriving to take another test, or can this be an NHS LFT that we take with us and take pics of?

Thanks in advance.
Rob
You can test any time on the Friday, as it works in calendar days rather than strictly 24/72 hours. In this instance, I would stick to the day before testing to be safe due to your niece, since the CDC Order does specifically only mention legal guardians rather than adults, even though you are effectively guardians for the purpose of the trip. Otherwise children would use the same timeline when travelling with parents, up to 3 calendar days before.

You can use an NHS test for the post-arrival test, there is no system in place in the US for visitor testing reporting/monitoring. But if you'd prefer to purchase one out there, an over the counter self test is fine since there's no requirement for this to be supervised like the flight test.

Edited at 01:51 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
#72
florida babe
slightly serious Dibber
 
Join Date: Feb 13
Hi all another question:
Flying to NYC 5.12. All fully vaccinated. How soon do I have to book a supervised test and who is the best company to go with?
Thanks for al your advice , it is appreciated x
florida babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
#73
Charlangela
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber
 
Charlangela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 20
Location: Lancashire
Originally Posted by florida babe View Post
Hi all another question:
Flying to NYC 5.12. All fully vaccinated. How soon do I have to book a supervised test and who is the best company to go with?
Thanks for al your advice , it is appreciated x
You can have your test from the 2nd onwards, the most common at the minute are Breath Assured or Qured and they are done via video call at home.
__________________

Florida 10th May 2022 - Pre Trip Report
Aug 2021 Blackpool Pleasure Beach Trip Report
Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
#74
Keegan
Excited about Disney
 
Join Date: Nov 20
Will be booking the drive through testing with Collinson at Manchester Airport soon for our January trip.

If I book for 8pm Wednesday, thatís sufficient for a 10am flight on the Saturday? Will the email proof for negative tests be acceptable or do they need to be printed?

Thanks everyone
Keegan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
#75
loldis
Imagineer
 
Join Date: May 17
Location: Sussex
Originally Posted by Keegan View Post
Will be booking the drive through testing with Collinson at Manchester Airport soon for our January trip.

If I book for 8pm Wednesday, thatís sufficient for a 10am flight on the Saturday? Will the email proof for negative tests be acceptable or do they need to be printed?

Thanks everyone
Any time from Wednesday onwards is fine for a flight on Saturday. It works on calendar days rather than 72 hours.

I haven't printed a document in years, showing it on my phone has always been acceptable when required. Although this is one instance where I do plan to have printed backups just in case but I'll be using Verifly as my first option, phone second and prints if all else fails.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
#76
rambocat1974
Very Serious Dibber
 
Join Date: Mar 12
Location: South Wales
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
You can test any time on the Friday, as it works in calendar days rather than strictly 24/72 hours. In this instance, I would stick to the day before testing to be safe due to your niece, since the CDC Order does specifically only mention legal guardians rather than adults, even though you are effectively guardians for the purpose of the trip. Otherwise children would use the same timeline when travelling with parents, up to 3 calendar days before.

You can use an NHS test for the post-arrival test, there is no system in place in the US for visitor testing reporting/monitoring. But if you'd prefer to purchase one out there, an over the counter self test is fine since there's no requirement for this to be supervised like the flight test.
Thanks for the clarification.
rambocat1974 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
#77
moosha
VIP Dibber
 
moosha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 11
With the day 2 tests on return, itís correct that you can do them any time after landing (eg at the airport before you travel home) until day 2 right?

Also the company I was looking at was a bit confusing with all the vaccinated / non vaccinated optionsÖ.do our single vaccinated teens (15 and 13) use the same fully vaccinated LFT option as us because theyíre under 18 and travelling with us? Thatís how I think I read it at least.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
#78
Charlangela
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber
 
Charlangela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 20
Location: Lancashire
Originally Posted by moosha View Post
With the day 2 tests on return, itís correct that you can do them any time after landing (eg at the airport before you travel home) until day 2 right?

Also the company I was looking at was a bit confusing with all the vaccinated / non vaccinated optionsÖ.do our single vaccinated teens (15 and 13) use the same fully vaccinated LFT option as us because theyíre under 18 and travelling with us? Thatís how I think I read it at least.
Yes and Yes
__________________

Florida 10th May 2022 - Pre Trip Report
Aug 2021 Blackpool Pleasure Beach Trip Report
Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
#79
moosha
VIP Dibber
 
moosha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 11
Originally Posted by Charlangela View Post
Yes and Yes
Thanks so much 😊.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
#80
ChrisJoandBen89
VIP Dibber
 
ChrisJoandBen89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 16
Hey Guys

Please could I ask a question about not requiring a pre departure test if youíve had COVID in the last 90 days.
Does the 90 days start from the day you test positive?
All 3 of us currently have COVID, and we travel in less than 90 days, but we tested positive just over 90 days before our travel date.

Thank you
__________________
Once in a lifetime. Until next year...
ChrisJoandBen89 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Rollercoaster
On 21st January 11:31am
Busch Gardens Tampa Bay will open Iron Gwazi, the world’s fastest and steepest hybrid coaster,... Read More »
Posted in international Flower & Garden Festival
On 13th January 11:35am
This March the Garden Rocks Concert series returns to EPCOT at the International Flower &... Read More »
Posted in Seaworld
On 4th January 2:22pm
Get ready for uncharted chills on the all-new Ice Breaker coaster at SeaWorld Orlando! Named... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.3272
CaxtonFX  $1.3213
Covent Garden FX  $1.3431
FAIRFX  $1.3249
John Lewis  $1.3305
M&S  $1.3113
Post Office  $1.3097
Sainsburys  $1.3242
TESCO  $1.3275
Travelex  $1.3243
Updated: 02:00 22/01/2022
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1696
CaxtonFX  €1.1620
Covent Garden FX  €1.1837
FAIRFX  €1.1680
John Lewis  €1.1743
M&S  €1.1570
Post Office  €1.1553
Sainsburys  €1.1674
TESCO  €1.1698
Travelex  €1.1700
Updated: 02:00 22/01/2022

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now



X