Notices

Old 27 Nov 21, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sue View Post
This is helpful Andy but it seems that there is no benefit for travel on having had a booster.
Both DH and I are boostered up yet must still take a day 2 PCR.
This being the case, I donít see too many people being sold on the idea if they were hesitant already
Fast forward 6 months, the booster isnt enough, you need a 4th
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

This is helpful Andy but it seems that there is no benefit for travel on having had a booster.
Both DH and I are boostered up yet must still take a day 2 PCR.
This being the case, I donít see too many people being sold on the idea if they were hesitant already
I disagree, other countries (France) will be requiring it. So in the long run, itís going to be needed I think.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
icf75
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
The benefit is still there in possibly saving your life or keeping you out of hospital though. At the moment still mostly delta around.
I think I would rather take my chance with a 99.7% survival rate.
icf75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
Fast forward 6 months, the booster isnt enough, you need a 4th
We'll be offered regular boosters like flu shots - the question is how long the spacing will be. I think somewhere between 7 and 12 months. Unless it proves that boosters give even longer protection - we can but hope 🤞
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
As an Ex Cancer patient, I was supposed to be monitored every 3 months by my oncologist, had to have an MRI every 6 months. Since Covid I have never been seen by my Oncologist since all this started and had to beg for an MRI...

I am not on my own either...
My heart goes out to you!

Many are in this situation - myself and close family members such as my 22 year old DD are included to be honest - but I genuinely donít think these new restrictions will make the already bad situation worse. Rather, it could help make a return to normal Ďquickerí.
Old 27 Nov 21, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
VIP Dibber

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Originally Posted by mr-paul View Post
Getting jabbed isn't all about travel though. It's about protecting yourself from the disease and hopefully reducing transmission.

This PCR reintroduction is to identify any of this variant coming into the UK, and to hopefully hold it off. As vaccinated people can still catch it (but fewer of them) they still need to test, to protect everyone else.
I do know this and am pro vaccine for the vulnerable, I am just being devilís advocate as there are many people now (just look at social media) believing that we have been sold a pup with the vaccines.
They were supposed to be a way back to normality. If they are not, then why will they not just be honest about it?

YES - I do know that they reduce severity and hospitalisations and deaths BUT this thing gives you a 99.5% chance of survival even if you get it.

There are three types of lies - lies, damned lies and statistics (attributed to Benjamin Disraeli)

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS

Edited at 09:15 PM.
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
VIP Dibber

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Originally Posted by Nanna Frozen View Post
But having a booster will protect you against the Delta variant to a high extent, and we donít yet know about the new variant.
It depends how you look at it, if you just got it for travel then no there is no advantage to having it, I didnít get it just for that reason.

We are all in the same boat, we all have to take a 2 day PCR.
I have had my jabs SOLELY to be able to travel.
It is not hard for me to get a PCR (Iím only 11 miles from Manchester airport and can do a walk or drive in) so I will have no difficulty in complying.
I have always been prepared to take my chances against a 99.5% survival rate.

I just question the promotion of jabs and boosters when there is no perceivable benefit of having them (apart from supposed self protection)

There are three types of lies - lies, damned lies and statistics (attributed to Benjamin Disraeli)

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
It is not hard for me to get a PCR (Iím only 11 miles from Manchester airport and can do a walk or drive in) so I will have no difficulty in complying.

I just question the promotion of jabs and boosters when there is no perceivable benefit of having them (apart from supposed self protection)
Sue. The whole thing is a dogs dinner. Do what I intend to do, comply with the travel rules albeit through gritted teeth and wait for things to become normal again. None of this is going to influence how I go about my life. One would have thought the Bubonic Plague was running rampant due to the reporting of this hiccup we currently know little about.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mouskevik
Imagineer

Me and DH were supposed to be running the Valencia Marathon next Sunday and taking our 3 teenagers for a weekend in Spain. Whole lot now cancelled but hey, travel is a luxury and I've been very lucky to get everything back in refunds or vouchers. Just no marathon medals!

Just wanted to say that the company we booked our kids' pre-travel PCR tests with, offered us a full refund! In case this helps anyone in the same boat who may also have thought they were non-refundable?

Southern Dunes - Sep/Oct 2002
Esprit Davenport - Sep/Oct 2012
Windwood Bay/HRH/Hard Rock Cafe Wedding! - Oct 2014
Sandy Ridge/Miami/HRH - Aug 2019
mouskevik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Nanna Frozen
Imagineer

Less likely to catch it = less likely to pass it on. I see that as a perceived benefit.

IFR increases with age, ie at my age itís 0.75%. At over 80 itís over 2%. My chances of dying in a road accident are much less than dying of COVID if I catch it, I wear a seat belt to keep that risk low.

The more people have it and require hospital care, the less other people who might need a hospital bed will have available to them.

Iím not having a go or anything, just giving you my reasons why I think there are perceived benefits to vaccines.

Entirely up to you what you do of course.
Nanna Frozen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List