Notices

Old 28 Nov 21, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
I think there will be much less compliance this time- as a few people have mentioned its easier to social distance in a supermarket but you have to wear a mask, packed pubs over the xmas period no mask. I just cant see many people doing it
And they won't. A lot stopped long before and quite frankly have had enough. Too much mixed messaging has gone on now and people will not comply.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
And they won't. A lot stopped long before and quite frankly have had enough. Too much mixed messaging has gone on now and people will not comply.
The local Asda to me is a huge store. Now bear in mind masks have always been and still are compulsory in Wales. Probably only 40% of the customers wear them and 90% of the staff don't either.

I know the staff well and they were certainly wearing masks at the beginning of the pandemic so certainly aren't exempt.

Masks are theatre and this latest mandate is a complete and utter waste of time and money unless it applies to everywhere which the Govt wont and cant do. Plus who will 'police' it? Nobody.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
The local Asda to me is a huge store. Now bear in mind masks have always been and still are compulsory in Wales. Probably only 40% of the customers wear them and 90% of the staff don't either.

I know the staff well and they were certainly wearing masks at the beginning of the pandemic so certainly aren't exempt.

Masks are theatre and this latest mandate is a complete and utter waste of time and money unless it applies to everywhere which the Govt wont and cant do. Plus who will 'police' it? Nobody.
Here is Swansea it is about the same I would guess around 40-50% people wearing masks. I have to, as its a work rule when seeing my learners in retail stores, I do it, but no one is monitoring it and the staff have been told not to challenge anyone as it causes to much conflict that they are not paid/ able to deal with.
I will continue to wear a mask when required but the infections in Wales were about the same, even a little higher than England so not sure if they make much difference TBH
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by taffs travels View Post
Here is Swansea it is about the same I would guess around 40-50% people wearing masks. I have to, as its a work rule when seeing my learners in retail stores, I do it, but no one is monitoring it and the staff have been told not to challenge anyone as it causes to much conflict that they are not paid/ able to deal with.
I will continue to wear a mask when required but the infections in Wales were about the same, even a little higher than England so not sure if they make much difference TBH
I feel so sorry for retail staff. I agree with you they aren't paid enough to tackle non compliance and certainly shouldn't face abuse at all let alone over masks.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Nanna Frozen
Imagineer

Neither should bus drivers etc.
Nanna Frozen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by danisleigh View Post
I canít see the point of me having to wear a mask when I pop into my local store for a loaf of bread when my son can go clubbing with hundreds of others all singing and shouting without masks. If masks really will help I am more than happy to wear one but this half hearted approach seems pointless.
Exactly, on Wednesday Iíll have to wear a mask to pop into Tesco on the way to the football match which will be half empty, but wonít have to when I get to the ground with 40,000 other people all crammed indoors at half time.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
VIP Dibber

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
So if you are in a football ground you donít have to wear one with thousands of others but if you go in the football souvenir shop you do! If you have to wear a mask then everyone should have to, Iím planning on a few shopping trips when my daughter comes back from uni and for my husbands birthday and wearing a mask for me is just awful. I start coughing with one and feel like I canít breathe and get boiling hot, the sweat pours off me. I get why we have to wear one but it should be for everyone in all settings.
Old 28 Nov 21, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
So if you are in a football ground you donít have to wear one with thousands of others but if you go in the football souvenir shop you do! If you have to wear a mask then everyone should have to, Iím planning on a few shopping trips when my daughter comes back from uni and for my husbands birthday and wearing a mask for me is just awful. I start coughing with one and feel like I canít breathe and get boiling hot, the sweat pours off me. I get why we have to wear one but it should be for everyone in all settings.
Totally agree, it should be one rule for all. There is one main way this virus spreads and that is breathing it in. Anything that helps stop or reduce that is a good thing for me be it masks or social distancing or whatever else people can think of.
Old 28 Nov 21, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Ive never stopped wearing mine, it is killing my chest but rather be safe. I'll be happier if others start wearing them as most people don't seem to understand personal space never mind social distancing.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
Exactly, on Wednesday Iíll have to wear a mask to pop into Tesco on the way to the football match which will be half empty, but wonít have to when I get to the ground with 40,000 other people all crammed indoors at half time.
You can wear a mask at the football if you want to though. It is your choice to wear a mask at either place at the moment.

Just been to Tescoís again this morning and customer mask wearing numbers definitely improving today. I would say 60/40 in favour of masks. Very few staff wearing them, probably 20/80 in favour of wearing some face covering.