Old 29 Nov 21, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
VIP Dibber

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Originally Posted by Pino_Spetzberg View Post
Will make little difference if they allow infectious passengers to fly.

The key is stopping infectious travellers regardless of vaccination status.

Allowing air travel for fully vaccinated passengers without an effective testing solution is politics not science.
Given that there is an incubation period, people can be vaccinated, symptom free and negative tested within 48 hours of travel, yet testing postive within a few days of landing.
What is the way to stop travel?
Daily testing - testing mid-long haul flights?

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Sue View Post
Given that there is an incubation period, people can be vaccinated, symptom free and negative tested within 48 hours of travel, yet testing postive within a few days of landing.
Results to be radioed to the Pilot Mid Atlantic. Drop the aircraft to a lower latitude, open the door and kick out the infected person. Then carry on to Orlando. Job done.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Macca04
Imagineer

Sue are you still ok for Australia.
Macca04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Exactly the problem

I've always said you have to PCR/Lat flow test to go to UK let's say from Spain but can go from let's say Chelmsford where Omicron is now to mevagessi for a weekend break, no testing. This virus doesn't understand borders, regions, busses planes or Tesco's. Or you can come to Spain double vaccinated with no testing feel ok or pretend you feel ok because you " deserve" a holiday...

We will be told another booster will be the way forward them another and another. Go/come if your double, triple had 60 doses.

I
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Macca04 View Post
Sue are you still ok for Australia.
I was wondering about that.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Results to be radioed to the Pilot Mid Atlantic. Drop the aircraft to a lower latitude, open the door and kick out the infected person. Then carry on to Orlando. Job done.
Over the Bermuda Triangle.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridababy16
Trainee Dibber

Hit the nail on the head here! 1000% agree with this. I have always said that I would rather be sat on a plane next to an unvaccinated traveller - at least we know they are not infectious!
Floridababy16 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridababy16
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by Floridababy16 View Post
Hit the nail on the head here! 1000% agree with this. I have always said that I would rather be sat on a plane next to an unvaccinated traveller - at least we know they are not infectious!
Originally Posted by Pino_Spetzberg View Post
We need effective tests.

Hopefully they are coming soon.

Whether passengers are vaccinated, with what, and when, is less important than whether they are infectious.

Unfortunately, airlines have accepted a vaccination gatekeeping role to reward passengers for good behaviour ie being fully vaccinated.

They should concentrate instead on establishing whether a passenger is infectious.
Floridababy16 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Floridababy16 View Post
But they could be that's the issue. You can be vaccinated and have.. test negative before traveling and have it
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Can that also happen to the person behind me tapping their screen constantly and knocking my seat 😂