Old 29 Nov 21, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
All we got from the BBC joker was “will Xmas be cancelled”

For x sake, I could tell him…….dunno

Disney332
My conclusion….the whole thing is scripted.

The conference and the questions that are asked.

Just like a well rehearsed West End Musical………..

Disney332

Rant over, found the packet of Hobnobs
Old 29 Nov 21, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
Apparently Co-op won't be enforcing masks from tomorrow. There response is "it's not our place to enforce face coverings or to refuse to serve a customer who chooses not to wear one"

The Association of Convenience Stores - which represents 33,500 local shops also says it does not expect shops to challenge customers who refuse to wear a mask.
Shops should never have been challenging people without masks on. Signs up yes, challenging people, no. It has all sorts of issues around the disability discrimination act.
The government guidance from straight away in the first mask wearing period was that you do not need any proof of your exemption. We went through it all with a fine tooth comb because my husband owns a shop. He put signs up. A lot didn’t comply, and he knew not all for disability reasons, but it was definitely not his place to question or judge. It really made me cross when shops started playing police with it all. Some people have severe anxiety or hidden disabilities that they didn’t need someone at Asda highlighting.
(Not arguing with you btw)
Old 29 Nov 21, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sidsmum
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
Apparently Co-op won't be enforcing masks from tomorrow. There response is "it's not our place to enforce face coverings or to refuse to serve a customer who chooses not to wear one"

The Association of Convenience Stores - which represents 33,500 local shops also says it does not expect shops to challenge customers who refuse to wear a mask.
And Iceland shops too.
sidsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Imagineer

An analysis of some of the mask studies by a professor of statistics at Edinburgh University.

spectator/article/...n-the-evidence

Nov 2001 - I-Drive ... May 2009 - DL Paris ... Aug '11 - Pop ... Aug '13 - SSR ... Aug '15 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug '17 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb '18 - Cabana Bay ... Feb '19 - Aventura + A/S Sports ... Dec '21 Dolphin and HRH
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by linnite View Post
An analysis of some of the mask studies by a professor of statistics at Edinburgh University.

spectator/article/...n-the-evidence
Oh dear, fails in the first sentence.
Pinchy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pinchy View Post
Oh dear, fails in the first sentence.
Do you mean the quote from the book?

Nov 2001 - I-Drive ... May 2009 - DL Paris ... Aug '11 - Pop ... Aug '13 - SSR ... Aug '15 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug '17 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb '18 - Cabana Bay ... Feb '19 - Aventura + A/S Sports ... Dec '21 Dolphin and HRH
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 01:15 AM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
Shops should never have been challenging people without masks on. Signs up yes, challenging people, no. It has all sorts of issues around the disability discrimination act.
The government guidance from straight away in the first mask wearing period was that you do not need any proof of your exemption. We went through it all with a fine tooth comb because my husband owns a shop. He put signs up. A lot didn’t comply, and he knew not all for disability reasons, but it was definitely not his place to question or judge. It really made me cross when shops started playing police with it all. Some people have severe anxiety or hidden disabilities that they didn’t need someone at Asda highlighting.
They challenge it here in Spain, some have exemption certs.
There's no huge uproar as there clearly seems to be in the UK.
We've been wearing them since the start of this non stop.
I have a hidden disability but I choose to not ask for exemption.
But here the overall feeling is everyone pulling together through this.
It seems fractured and a complete on the fence for fear of upsetting their base approach from number 10.
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by cybermum View Post
They challenge it here in Spain, some have exemption certs.
There's no huge uproar as there clearly seems to be in the UK.
We've been wearing them since the start of this non stop.
I have a hidden disability but I choose to not ask for exemption.
But here the overall feeling is everyone pulling together through this.
It seems fractured and a complete on the fence for fear of upsetting their base approach from number 10.
Not just fractured from Number 10, although leaders should bloody well lead. It is fractured in the population as well. So many people in the U.K. literally refuse to do things like social distance. Go in to any shopping centre and people are brushing past you. Then add on the refuse to wear a mask section of the population and you have a perfect storm.

People are right to say this is not going anywhere soon but we all need to be pulling in the same direction to benefit everyone.

Is this a U.K. thing? Could be as we can be a stubborn lot
Old 30 Nov 21, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
totally agree, my husband is medically exempt according to the Government guidelines but he decided it wasn't worth the hassle last time not to wear a mask with the way it was policed by certain people in shops, public transport etc.
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
The issue we have regarding mask wearing is impossible to 'police' and certainly not in the job description of employees to deal with as they are entitled to work free from abuse and threats.

However we all must decide individually what we consider to be correct and back away from trying to force our views on others.

Finally I was gobsmacked at this article on BBC Wales News this morning by an 'Unnamed Senior Hospital Consultant'

The question on my lips is why aren't you prepared to be named as surely you are in a position to educate?

bbc/news/uk-wales-59469125

A senior medic has called for a major theatre to be temporarily shut after claiming they failed to enforce Covid mask rules.
The consultant, who does not wish to be named, said he left a show at the Wales Millennium Centre, after about 80% of audience took off their masks.
The medic, who has had his tickets refunded, said people were "coughing all over the place".
He claimed that neither staff nor on-site security enforced the rules, which he said were "disturbing failures".
"There was mere reference to the relevant announcements and otherwise helpless shoulder-shrugging," he added.

It's going to happen, deal with it. If you feel uncomfortable don't go.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List