Notices

Old 30 Nov 21, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
JamesL
VIP Dibber

JamesL's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
The issue we have regarding mask wearing is impossible to 'police' and certainly not in the job description of employees to deal with as they are entitled to work free from abuse and threats.

However we all must decide individually what we consider to be correct and back away from trying to force our views on others.

Finally I was gobsmacked at this article on BBC Wales News this morning by an 'Unnamed Senior Hospital Consultant'

The question on my lips is why aren't you prepared to be named as surely you are in a position to educate?

bbc/news/uk-wales-59469125

A senior medic has called for a major theatre to be temporarily shut after claiming they failed to enforce Covid mask rules.
The consultant, who does not wish to be named, said he left a show at the Wales Millennium Centre, after about 80% of audience took off their masks.
The medic, who has had his tickets refunded, said people were "coughing all over the place".
He claimed that neither staff nor on-site security enforced the rules, which he said were "disturbing failures".
"There was mere reference to the relevant announcements and otherwise helpless shoulder-shrugging," he added.

It's going to happen, deal with it. If you feel uncomfortable don't go.
But why should it be people that are uncomfortable with the rules not being enforced that should stay away? Surely it should be those that choose not to follow the rules that should stay away. You know the rules before you go, if you're not happy with them, don't go.
Old 30 Nov 21, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think the problem you have in the UK is simply leadership.

If you have leader who is afraid of the big decisions, who fails to lead by example. If you have a schizophrenic policy whereby the virus affects you in Tesco's but not whetherspoons, it affects you on a train but not in the house if commons , then compliance with wearing a mask will never ever work.

When you divide a population, as seen on these very forums and also as shown in the USA you'll never come together, as a nation, for the good of society.

I say this as someone living outside the UK and looking in.

Wear a mask , don't wear a mask, but do not refuse to wear a mask in Tesco's when it's the law but then agree to wear one to Florida because that suits your agenda better.

Edited at 08:55 AM.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenLime
Excited about Disney

Genuine exemptions aside itís really not that much of a hardship to whip on a mask to walk around a shop. I donít get the reluctance. I agree the government (and the PM specifically) have been utterly appalling at showing leadership in this area.

What really makes me upset is that some sections of the press and the Twitter commentariat who are up in arms about mask wearing and Ďour rights being infringedí are the same people who showed limited sympathy to Afghan refugees following the Taliban take over. Fine for Ďthem over thereí to be subject to a totalitarian regime that severely limits the rights of its citizens but god forbid we have to wear a mask to pop to Waitrose.
HelenLime is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by JamesL View Post
But why should it be people that are uncomfortable with the rules not being enforced that should stay away? Surely it should be those that choose not to follow the rules that should stay away. You know the rules before you go, if you're not happy with them, don't go.
Because that's how society works be that right or wrong. No theatre can deal with non mask wearers whilst a live show is on. One or two people yes but not hundreds. It would grind to a halt.

I don't know what the answer is but we just have to crack on.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by JamesL View Post
Totally agree. Iíve just been to New York, you need to be double vaccinated to get into theatres and wear a mask for entry. I saw two shows and one allowed you to remove it during the show and the other made it compulsory during the show. Constant reminders were given and ushers discreetly reminded people throughout. However, people were largely compliant and unsurprisingly it seemed to be tourists who slipped. Theatres have really suffered and I guess they need to do what they can to keep things at bay and remain open. Most people just seem happy to be getting back and a mask is hardly a great hardship if that is what is required.
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I donít get paid enough to remind 2000 people to keep their masks on. People are vile enough about having to show vaccination proof.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

So it appears today is the day I might need a mask to go into Tescos. I just need to find it now. I think I threw it in the garage somewhere back in July. Don't fear folks, I will find it, I will successfully retrieve it and I will wear it once I dust the cobwebs off (hopefully for just the next 3 weeks though)
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Irrespective of the rule change, mask wearing, non mask wearing, semi mask wearingÖ..we need to do what works for ourselves and as Tom has suggested, crack on.

If I spent my time fretting about what others do or don't, i cease to live my life and live the life of others instead. How sad.

Just off to Poundland to find some Reindeer Ears and sparkly Santa Glasses for Xmas day 😂

Disney332
Old 30 Nov 21, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
So it appears today is the day I might need a mask to go into Tescos. I just need to find it now. I think I threw it in the garage somewhere back in July. Don't fear folks, I will find it, I will successfully retrieve it and I will wear it once I dust the cobwebs off (hopefully for just the next 3 weeks though)
Be careful you donít start a new pandemic by eating spiders/cobwebs 😂.

We shoved ours in the back of a draw somewhere. Havenít found them yet but do have some others for work (always been mandatory for theatre staff to wear ours, work too closely together and canít risk shutting an entire production) that I can Chuck on in Tesco later. Letís hope I donít lose those or Iím in trouble.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
Iím assuming you are joking Mark but that was something that really shocked me with mask wearing! The disgusting state of some of the masks I saw and how crumpled and filthy some were. Not sure if people were too mean to buy more or trying to ďmake a statementĒ but how disgusting putting them on their faces! Filthy
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List