Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Nov 21, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
Fly BA then use your VA voucher for car rental, or park tickets.
That's the plan. Thanks.
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Kev. I am a died in the wool Virgin supporter and absolutely adored their 747 aircraft and all classes of seats having experienced them all.
I supported them throughout this pandemic and wish their loyal staff nothing but the best regarding employment and for the future.

However their prices are absolutely insane at the moment. Now I know they have to accommodate all those booking with vouchers but when I see 2 seats return in UC for £8K+ and the same in BA for 4K+ I am at a loss for words.

So I look at PE and albeit it's not those eye watering prices it's still with a similar price gap as above to BA.

Today I sent a Text to VA asking a very important question. 12 hours later I am still awaiting a reply.

Tomorrow I will be booking my October trip with BA as their price sits well with me. My motto is very clear, you snooze you lose so yet again for all my trips next year apart from one VA have lost out on price and on ease of contact.

Before people say BA don't answer the phone well my experience is yes they do.

I book on price, ease of contact and reliability. Virgin always had this but I cannot and will not accept being ripped off and ignored.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

BA need to sort themselves out. They were starting to have a better offer pre pandemic but half a sandwich and a 2 finger Kit Kat just before landing? Because we were delayed 3 1/2 hours we were starving when we got on. No fizz on getting on plane just OJ or water. They'll be getting me a glass of fizz when we go back home as that's what they're advertising. Will be looking elsewhere.
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
BA need to sort themselves out. They were starting to have a better offer pre pandemic but half a sandwich and a 2 finger Kit Kat just before landing? Because we were delayed 3 1/2 hours we were starving when we got on. No fizz on getting on plane just OJ or water. They'll be getting me a glass of fizz when we go back home as that's what they're advertising. Will be looking elsewhere.
Food and drink has been lacking on lots of flights this year for various reasons. Better to take your own until normality returns
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

Lol. You lose 1 point for the use of the term “fizz” !
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
We didn't get anything when we travelled with BA last week. Certainly no fizz! There was no service for hours so we got our own and they'd run out of the chicken option before they got to PE when it was meal time. There was the vegetable pasta option left. That was all they had to offer.
I'm not a lover of VA either to be honest but I used my miles to get a reward seat for Sept next year. I haven't flown with Virgin for years.

West Coast Visits-5
Whitequeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Kev. I am a died in the wool Virgin supporter and absolutely adored their 747 aircraft and all classes of seats having experienced them all.
I supported them throughout this pandemic and wish their loyal staff nothing but the best regarding employment and for the future.

However their prices are absolutely insane at the moment. Now I know they have to accommodate all those booking with vouchers but when I see 2 seats return in UC for £8K+ and the same in BA for 4K+ I am at a loss for words.

So I look at PE and albeit it's not those eye watering prices it's still with a similar price gap as above to BA.

Today I sent a Text to VA asking a very important question. 12 hours later I am still awaiting a reply.

Tomorrow I will be booking my October trip with BA as their price sits well with me. My motto is very clear, you snooze you lose so yet again for all my trips next year apart from one VA have lost out on price and on ease of contact.

Before people say BA don't answer the phone well my experience is yes they do.

I book on price, ease of contact and reliability. Virgin always had this but I cannot and will not accept being ripped off and ignored.
They have been amazing for us until the last flight we took, where they made the mistake of breaking numerous disability laws with one person who knows his law around discrimination.

We settled on £1k - I could have taken them for lots more, but I remembered how they looked after my son before.

But the prices are crazy. Couldn’t care less about alcoholic drinks or biscuits. I just want to get there in comfort.
Old 30 Nov 21, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Kev Harrison View Post
They have been amazing for us until the last flight we took, where they made the mistake of breaking numerous disability laws with one person who knows his law around discrimination.

We settled on £1k - I could have taken them for lots more, but I remembered how they looked after my son before.

But the prices are crazy. Couldn’t care less about alcoholic drinks or biscuits. I just want to get there in comfort.
Agreed. The seat and the room is the draw for me as I cannot tolerate Econ with my back issues.

Well I gave Virgin until 9.30pm to answer my query and they didn’t. So at 9.40pm I booked with BA at a price I’m happy with. Not happy with paying for seats but I can live with that.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

ive always found Virgin cheaper than BA for my dates.

i hope that the service and food etc is up to scratch - there is no excuse for not providing a full meal service and then afternoon tea
Old 1 Dec 21, 02:46 AM  
Link to this Post
51-a- good year
Apprentice Imagineer

Might not be greed by Virgin - think they were a lot more successful than BA in getting customers to take a future voucher than cashback so they have fewer seats available
Our family took a rebooking for Easter rather than cashback for cancelled August flights

now whether the upgrade voucher offered is actually worth anything is a dfferent story !
51-a- good year is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List