Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 1 Dec 21, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
#11
speedwayfan
Imagineer
 
speedwayfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 06

speedwayfan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by CJC View Post
Hi
On the A350 can you confirm if the upper class exit at the very front of plane, or have to pass through premium cabin? If I have read correctly the main doors are between economy and premium, so wondered if or how Upper class have priority exit.
We were on the A350 with the larger UC section. We flew from LHR and boarded at the front of the plane.

On landing the exit is between UC and PE so you leave the aircraft first.

However, if you are on the A350 leisure configuration (with only 16 UC seats) I believe you can board at the front from LHR but if flying into Orlando you have to go through the PE section to exit. I stand to be corrected though as it's not something I've done, yet.

Jill
speedwayfan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
#12
CJC
Very Serious Dibber
 
CJC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 03
Location: South Coast
Originally Posted by speedwayfan View Post
We were on the A350 with the larger UC section. We flew from LHR and boarded at the front of the plane.

On landing the exit is between UC and PE so you leave the aircraft first.

However, if you are on the A350 leisure configuration (with only 16 UC seats) I believe you can board at the front from LHR but if flying into Orlando you have to go through the PE section to exit. I stand to be corrected though as it's not something I've done, yet.

Jill
Thanks Jill
We should on the A350 leisure configuration so little perturbed there will be no quick exit to immigration as premium will be let off first!
Not great planning by Virgin.
CJC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
#13
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Oct 09
Originally Posted by CJC View Post
Thanks Jill
We should on the A350 leisure configuration so little perturbed there will be no quick exit to immigration as premium will be let off first!
Not great planning by Virgin.
Back to the days of the 744s then, PE were always off first on those too. All 4 of my UC flights were on those A/C so no change I guess.
__________________
Is buying the DDP worth the money? Check out my food report to find out! .

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 21, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
#14
crid
Very Serious Dibber
 
Join Date: Feb 07
Hi
It sounds like the same upper menus as the New York route last week.

I was really disappointed. I thought the overall food service is now much worse than it used to be.

Firstly the options on the menu were all very poor, for my taste admittedly. I miss the fillet. I ended up going for the pork cheeks but these were tough and left.

Secondly the pudding choices, well itís a pudding OR cheese now, previously there was a choice of desserts and then a further cheese and biscuits course. Not anymore. And the cheese option is two crackers In a packet and three small wedges of cheese, you donít even get any butter.

Thirdly thereís no light bites options that you could order whenever you wanted. You get the first meal then the pre-landing snack and thatís your only options.

Fourthly the pre-landing option choices were also poor. I ended up going for the chicken burger which was missing part of what should be included and from the picture below you can see wasnít exactly appetising.

I realise times have changed but upper is still an expensive option and the food service is now letting it down. Itís no longer a special experience and the menus are arguably worse that youíd be getting in economy.





__________________
Col

Edited at 10:51 PM.
crid is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 21, 01:47 AM  
Link to this Post
#15
speedwayfan
Imagineer
 
speedwayfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 06

speedwayfan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by crid View Post
Hi
It sounds like the same upper menus as the New York route last week.

I was really disappointed. I thought the overall food service is now much worse than it used to be.

Firstly the options on the menu were all very poor, for my taste admittedly. I miss the fillet. I ended up going for the pork cheeks but these were tough and left.

Secondly the pudding choices, well itís a pudding OR cheese now, previously there was a choice of desserts and then a further cheese and biscuits course. Not anymore. And the cheese option is two crackers In a packet and three small wedges of cheese, you donít even get any butter.

Thirdly thereís no light bites options that you could order whenever you wanted. You get the first meal then the pre-landing snack and thatís your only options.

Fourthly the pre-landing option choices were also poor. I ended up going for the chicken burger which was missing part of what should be included and from the picture below you can see wasnít exactly appetising.

I realise times have changed but upper is still an expensive option and the food service is now letting it down. Itís no longer a special experience and the menus are arguably worse that youíd be getting in economy.





Definitely cut backs, although the menu was particularly bad.

I'd be sending a picture of that chicken burger to customer services - mine didn't look anything like that, looks disgusting and overcooked.

Jill
speedwayfan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
theDIBB Blog
Holiday joy will unfold at Magic Kingdom as Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party returns this... Read More »
SeaWorld say there is a high surf advisory on the horizon in 2023 as a... Read More »
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is returning to Magic Kingdom Park this fall during the resort’s 50th Anniversary... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.1879
CaxtonFX  $1.1794
Covent Garden FX  $1.2009
FAIRFX  $1.1842
John Lewis  $1.1878
M&S  $1.1684
Post Office  $1.1666
Sainsburys  $1.1840
TESCO  $1.1879
Travelex  $1.1808
Updated: 10:30 17/08/2022
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1680
CaxtonFX  €1.1592
Covent Garden FX  €1.1741
FAIRFX  €1.1636
John Lewis  €1.1684
M&S  €1.1486
Post Office  €1.1468
Sainsburys  €1.1638
TESCO  €1.1680
Travelex  €1.1613
Updated: 10:30 17/08/2022

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now



X