Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 29 Nov 21, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nanna Frozen View Post
My DH is a big fan, he was from the very start. In recent years when I have watched it with him, I’ve realised just how bloody clever it is, how good the actors are and how funny it is. Timothy Spall just cracked me up!

Of course, living in the NE ( though I didn’t grow up here) I just totally get the humor.And my brother in law could be a stand in for Jimmy Nail! He can’t sing as well though!
Yo NF, some question if Jimmy Nail can sing too I like Jimmy's actress sister who was also in the show as the sister of Denis.
Old 29 Nov 21, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
shabba
Apprentice Imagineer

shabba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Never see the likes of a series like this ever again.
I actually visited the filming sites from series 2.
Used to get phonecalls from all over the UK when series 3 came out. Asking if the Transporter bridge had really been dismantled.
shabba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Claim to fame coming… we (me and cousins) were in an episode. We were outside the central station when Wayne came to Newcastle and he had to ask us for directions. I think it was series two when the gang were doing work on a gangsters house, think his name was Ally Fraser.

My uncles (by marriage) sister is Madeline Newton who is married to Kevin Wheatley who got us the parts. Quality programme making and one of the greatest characters ever created for a TV program in Oz.
Old 30 Nov 21, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Seminole
Getting Excited

As I type this I'm watching Series 2, Marjorie Doesn't Live Here Anymore. "Never forget your roots son."
For me the greatest television series ever made, the pinnacle of British TV.
I still quote lines from the programme every day much to the annoyance of my family.

Jean, get yerself in here!

Florida 80, 90, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 03, 04, 05, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 12
NYC 80, 00 Boston 99, 01, NH/ME/VT 99, 01
An American Freak!
Seminole is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Manny Haines
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
I like Jimmy's actress sister who was also in the show as the sister of Denis.
Jimmys sister was written in as the actress who played Vera in S1 was seriously ill and passed away at age 38.
So, Dennis’s sister was created to keep to the original created storyline for S2.
Manny Haines is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 01:29 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Manny Haines View Post
Jimmys sister was written in as the actress who played Vera in S1 was seriously ill and passed away at age 38.
So, Dennis’s sister was created to keep to the original created storyline for S2.
Aye Manny, whilst I liked Val McClane as Norma, Denis' sister, it was sad Caroline Hutchinson, Denis' wife Vera, died so young. She was such a bonny lass.
Old 1 Dec 21, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by levtweeney View Post
Claim to fame coming… we (me and cousins) were in an episode. We were outside the central station when Wayne came to Newcastle and he had to ask us for directions. I think it was series two when the gang were doing work on a gangsters house, think his name was Ally Fraser.

My uncles (by marriage) sister is Madeline Newton who is married to Kevin Wheatley who got us the parts. Quality programme making and one of the greatest characters ever created for a TV program in Oz.
Brilliant !

im sure someone i vaguely knew was also in it, Denise Welchs Unlces cousins next door neighbour or summit
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
As I type this I'm watching Series 2, Marjorie Doesn't Live Here Anymore. "Never forget your roots son."
For me the greatest television series ever made, the pinnacle of British TV.
I still quote lines from the programme every day much to the annoyance of my family.

Jean, get yerself in here!
Who's Jean

Still see people getting photographs taken at the that bus stop!

Edited at 09:12 PM.
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Manny Haines
Dibbing with Tink

Mr Wayne (whats the word then) Winston Norris’ school of diplomacy.
“All of you with a brother alive in Germany take one step forward. Not so fast Mrs Hilton”
Manny Haines is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by dogken View Post
He was brilliant
Omg so so funny! I liked the one when they were in Arizona at the pool and the FBI come and tell them to lie on the ground and he fell of the diving board into the pool!

And Oz’s memorable line at the supermarket ‘ Yey get the beer and a’ll get the bog rowl!’ ( said in geordie of course!)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List