Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 20 May 18, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
chazb
Excited about Disney

And then there were 7- live report- Day1

Here is day 1
Hope you don’t mind but I am going to write the blog and then insert the photos at the end.

Day 1 19th may

This morning i woke up at 3am, followed by my mum at 3.30 and finley at 4am, everyone else was up by

The girls woke and saw that they had some presents from tinkerbell.

**every day i have wrapped up a present to give to each of the kids. These are just little gifts that they would have got anyway, but it really excites them when you tell them that they are from tinkerbell, so todays presents were their autograph books and a purse for the girls, to keep their spending money in **

We left the room a bit later than planned at 7.10, but there was an animal kingdom bus waiting when we got to the bus stop. We arrived at around 7.40 and got straight through bag check. We went on triceratop spin 3 times in a row, primeral whirl once and then onto its tough to be a bug. Darcey really didnt like this so we had to leave halfway through with her.
We then went over to meet mickey and minne. This was a lovely 1st character meet for this holiday, and finley loved them. They were playing peek a boo with him and he was really laughing.

We then went over and grabbed our 1st starbucks of the holiday. 6 various soft drinks and 2 cakes came to $40 but we used 8 snack credits.

It was then time to use our 1st fastpass at dinosaur but then we got there the ride was down, so could use our fp on any other ride apart from pandora. Juat as we were deciding what to do next, donald duck and goofy came over to the area and the girls asked if they could queue to meet them. Again these were lovely meets, but goofy was fantastic with them. Finley was asleep at this point.
The girls also stopped to meet russell and dug and that was a fab meet and greet.

Our next stop was our fastpass on kali river rapids. I really enjoy this ride but me and adam went on with darcey and she really made this a fantastic experience, really laughing and enjoying it. Phoebs went on it with my mum and dad and had a fab time.

Now it was time for lunch at the rainforest cafe, we didnt have a reservation but was seated within in 5 mins as i showed out landry card. We were also paying oop for this meal and had the $25 dollar welcome offer taken off the final bill.
The girls had hotdog with fries and fruit
Me and mum shared nachos and chicken strips (although the nachos would have been enough)
Adam had the bbq bacon cheeseburger and dad had the rainforest burger. It was all very yummy and with 2 beers and soft drinks for the rest of us the total bill including tip was $107.10 (sorry no food pics).

After lunch was time for our fastpass for navii river journey, just as we got over there the heavens opened and it poured with rain, this was around 1.15. We entered pandora and although it looked really good i dont think we got the wow factor because of the weather and because we were trying to make the fastpass. We waited less than 5 mins for this and the regular line was 80mins. Its a lovely ride with amazing effects and the children enjoyed it, especially finley, but probably wouldnt queue longer than 15 mins for it. It had stopped raining when we came out and saw that dinosaur was back up and running so we decided to go and do that. It did start raining really heavy again and we took cover for a short while but decided again to go on to dinosaur. Even though the rain was really heavy, its true what everyone says that it is warm rain and is liking walking through a warm bath. Got to dinosaur and me, adam and the girls went on. I was laughing so hard as phoebs was screaming so much but loved it. Darcey wasnt as impressed and was a little scared. Darcey actually forgot to tap in with her magic band for the fastpass i thought adam dis it with her and him vice versa so phoebe took darceys band and went back on with my mum and dad.
After dinosaur we decided to leave, we had got more than i wanted done today and considering it was a saturday and the rain this afternoon, i was pleased with that.
We spent a couple of hours in the room.

We were supposed to go over to disney springs tonight but because of the weather we just decided to eat at saratoga springs using 5qs meals.
We had 2x chicken nuggeg meal, turkwy club wrap, cheeseburger flatbread and a turkey and brie sandwhich. All very nice.

Its now 20.30 and the kids have all gone to bed, wont be long behind them. Magic kingdom tomorrow

chazb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

What a fantastic start and great trippy.

A present from Tink every day... I want this!

Cant wait for the next.

Disney332
Old 20 May 18, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

What a lovely day. The girls look gorgeous in their outfits.

Thanks for posting.
Old 20 May 18, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A lovely first day

Joan
Old 20 May 18, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyF1rstT1me
slightly serious Dibber

Love those outfits for the girls. It's our first day in 2 days time so it's reassuring to read what you've said about the rain being warm bath-like!
DisneyF1rstT1me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

I love the idea of a daily present from Tinkerbell... I may have to try that one on our next trip. Glad you had a nice first day, you've got some fab photos. Looking forward to reading more of your report as it happens!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
How cute are they in their spots? Gorgeous. I'm also very envious of the daily present from Tink, what a fab idea!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great first day
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

Fantastic first day.

Love the girls outfits, so cute.

Great character interaction with the main man

Looking forward to reading more