Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 21 May 18, 02:00 AM  
Link to this Post
chazb
Excited about Disney

And then there were 7, live report, Day 2!

Day 2- magic kingdom- an amazing day!

Up again at 3am. Mum was also up and everyone else slept in to around 6am.

Today was Magic kingdom day, at around 7 it really started raining and we discussed changing our plans or leaving later but just decided to carry on and make the most of it, a very good decision

We arrived to MK at around 8.45 and walked straight in. I have never seen main street so empty. Obviously we didnt get the perfect pictures with the bright blue sky and sun shining but it was still lovely to not have to fight the crowds up main street.

We spotted pluto and ran over to get some photos. This was an ok meet, but he wasnt very interactive with the girls.

We went straight over to big thunder mountain and rode this twice. This is the first year that both girls were big enough to ride these rides and they both loved it, screaming and hands in the air, and loved the fact they were riding in the rain.

We then walked over to haunted mansion, which was only a 10 min wait. Finley had just fallen asleep in his buggy so I sat this one out. Adam was back around 5 mins later with an upset darcey, who didnt like the stretching room and didnt want to get on the ride. Its very weird as darcey is such a confident strong willed little girl and nothing normally worries her and twice now she hadnt liked the rides or show in the dark.
Just to mention it was now around 9.45 and it had stopped raining, and we didnt really have anymore rain for the rest of the day, apart from a couple of light showers.

Finley had by now woken up so we decided to take him on its a small world. He absolutely loved this and was clapping and dancing the whole way round.

While we were on its a small world, adam went round to speak to bibbidi bobbidi boutique. At the 180 day mark i had booked BBB for the girls today. Last night tho, darcey seemed a little under the weather and because it was supposed to rain all day, i went over to reception to cancel it so we wouldnt get charged. Well this morning i regretted cancelling, and darcey was right as rain, so i went over to guest services to see if our slot was still available. It wasnt but he said we should try asking for a walk up and explain. So adam went and asked while we were on the ride and they said they were happy to help us, so we got some disney magic and i am very grateful.

We went over and i got the girls changed into their dresses and they had two lovely fairy godmothers who transformed into princesses. This was a lovely experience and the girls really enjoyed it.
While we were in BBB, my mum took finley to meet the fairy godmother, which she said was a really good interaction and finley enjoyed it.

After BBB we went over to pinnochio haus for some lunch. We had 2 x chicken nugget meals, one pepperoni flatbread and 2 chicken parmesan sandwhich which was 5 qs meals.

After lunch we went and met rapunzel and tiana. Here we had the most amazing interaction i have had with a character
Rapunzel was sooo fantastic and completely fell in love with finley. She sat on the floor with the girls and finley for a good 10 minutes talking and cuddling them all and gave finley a lipstick kiss on his forehead. She really was amazing and even the people in the queue were commenting how lovely it was. Tiana was next and again she was really fantastic and kept cuddling finley , it really was such a fantastic character meet.

We then went over to do our 1st fastpass for space mountain. We went on me, adam, phoebe and my dad. When we got through to actually goong on the ride they decided that phoebe was about a cm too small and that she couldnt ride. She was really upset and this was the only point in the day that was a bit negative as they had let phoebs on at the start of the ride.

We then used our final fastpass of the day on cinderella and elena. Again this was a good interaction.
We then decided to leave the park as we had got a lot done and the time was about 2.45.

Arrived back to the room and chilled for around 2 hours before getting the bus back over to disney springs. This has changed so much since we last came 2 years ago. We didnt have a look round tonight we just went to world if disney to pick up our disney gift card and the went to wolfgang puck express for dinner. This was really lovely and a fantastic use of a qs credit! We had bacon wrapped meatloaf, chicken tenders, mushroom pizza, macaroni cheese, kids macaroni cheese and a kids pepperoni pizza with 2 beers, 2 apple juices a glass of prosecco and a soft drink and the total should have been $106 but we used 6 qs credits.
We walked back to saratoga from the springs and this took about 15 mins, stopping at the shop to get a well deserved mickey ice cream treat.
Thanks for reading and sorry today is very long and picture heavy.

Tomorrow is epcot x

chazb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 06:28 AM  
Link to this Post
beck_loz
Imagineer

beck_loz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great day, amazing pictures
beck_loz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida4
Imagineer

Florida4's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
What wonderful pictures love MK x
Florida4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 06:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Fabulous day. Your girls look lovely in their outfits. Some lovely photos. You must have been so pleased Disney could rearrange BBB for you.
Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Gorgeous photo's. Did u like SSR ? We are staying there in October. X
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

What a brilliant day.

The pictures are lovely👍
Old 21 May 18, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Love the pictures of the girls with the balloons! Hope you're having a wonderful time 😊
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Aw, so many lovely pictures, what a great day.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great day

Joan
Old 21 May 18, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

What a great day and such beautiful photos
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List