Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Cool He did a thing - June 19 - Day 8 - Epcot, Magic Kingdom & Jellyrolls

Tuesday 18th June

Day 7 is here

All too soon we had reached our last full day It had really flown. We are used to at least 14 nights, but more often than not we have stayed for 15 or 16. This was a shock to the system! But hey, it was a last minute trip that wasn’t expected, so we couldn’t grumble!

Chris left at 6.30 for his second round of golf at Celebration. I swear he could play that course with his eyes shut by now I lay in bed till 7ish and then got up and ready for my solo trip to Epcot.

I left the room at 8.45 and had a slow enjoyable walk to Epcot. It was a beautiful morning

I immediately regretted wearing a black top. It was boiling already!

The Boardwalk area was lovely and peaceful. I miss it so

And by 9am I had arrived at International Gateway. Living the actual dream!

The Skyliners were testing again, uncovered. So cute!

Good morning, Epcot!

I stopped for a Photo Pass at the UK/France bridge.

As my made my way through World Showcase, there was a hardly a soul to be seen. Excellent!

Once in Future World I caught the end of the Fountain of Nations show.

I then headed to the Character Spot with a view to meeting Joy & Sadness.

It took 20 minutes, which wasn’t too bad. Joy wasn’t there, but thankfully it was really Sadness I wanted to see, so all good! She was soooooo cute!

Since Chris wasn't with me, I was free to enjoy a ride with Figment! Woop!

I can't see this surviving the massive Epcot overhaul that is happening, so I was happy to have one last ride!

Upon exit, I spotted a Wreck it Ralph meet & greet.

In the gift shop I treated myself to the cutest Epcot t-shirt. I love it and it has a wee Figment on it It was $29.99.

continued in next post
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903

Redrach1903's Reviews
continued from previous post

I realised at this point that because we had been entering from International Gateway, I didn’t have a photo of the main entrance to the park. That had to be remedied..

While I was there I got a Photo Pass!

It was soooo busy here, so I quickly hotfooted it back to World Showcase

Stopping for that Monorail shot en route of course!

Ahh back to the quiet

Now, have you noticed something? I hadn’t eaten today yet! Time to fix that!

I asked for a croissant with just bacon (i.e. no egg and cheese). Cue a look of utter bewilderment. Is it really that strange a request? The CM had to go ask her manager and then I watched her take it to the back and remove the egg and cheese, rather than make a new one. Bit odd, no?

Anyway, the family in front of me were taking AN AGE. I have no clue what was taking so long, but I watched the wife ask the CM at the till to carry her tray to the table for her. Meanwhile, her husband walks off empty handed? Eh? Anyway, once I got to the till I asked them to throw in one of the giant cookies

I really enjoyed everything. The croissant had been heated up for me and it was delicious; no sign of the removed egg or cheese haha! That cookie was amazing too. A marvellous breakfast!

I found a wee passage in France and followed it and it took me out here. Pretty.

It was around 11am now and I decided to head back to the hotel. Bye Epcot

I saw some more of the Skyliners on my way out. I love them!

I walked the other way round back to the hotel, past the Beach Club etc.

Disney ducks are so photogenic

I got back to the hotel about 11.20. I went to grab a cup of tea from Fuel. Chris text while I was there to say he was almost finished, so I headed up to the room to wait for him. I FaceTimed Emma and Abi was most miffed that she had to pause Peppa Pig to talk to me. Rude

Chris got back about 12.20 and we decided to head down to the pool. He had enjoyed his golf again and made friends with an old German wifey lol!

I grabbed us sunbeds while Chris went to the bar to get us a couple of daiquiris

We had a wee swim and I then I had a go on the water slide It was fun! Ten minutes later the bloody pools were cleared due to lightning in the area. Sake! Sure enough a storm soon arrived and we scooted back to the room.

We literally went from this…

…to this. Within 5 minutes.

With the weather yet again playing up, there was nothing else to do but nap So, that is what we did until 3pm!

After our nap we got ready for the evening and we were happy to see that it had dried up.

We left at 4.45, via Fuel of course, and soon were on a bus to MK I loved this man's trainers!

continued in next post
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Redrach1903

Redrach1903's Reviews

We arrived at MK at 5.08pm. To this. Ugh

It did ease up by the time we reached security, so we were hopeful the night wouldn’t be a wash out. Hmmmmmmmmmmm……..

Anyway, the CM at security asked where we were from and when we said Scotland he asked if we had any haggis for him to try

We got some Photo Passes done on Main St.

The CM was just about to do the balloon magic shot, when a nearby balloon selling CM jumped in and tied his real balloons around Chris's wrist Lovely moment

Food was first on the agenda. Chris had yet to have his fave, so off we went to Casey's! I can't remember if we mobile ordered or not! I feel like we didn’t, so maybe it wasn't that busy.

We got one plain hot dog meal, one hot dog with macaroni and bacon and a portion of fries with macaroni and bacon! Fatties!

The rain was back on, so the normal parade was replaced with a cute rainy day parade.

Next up was Monsters Inc Laughfloor which was really good again! None of us were picked on, phew!

We got another Photo Pass at the Tomorrowland bridge.

Adventureland next.

Chris treated himself to some new sunnies!

Pirates was only a 20 minute wait, so on we went!

We were actually on within 10 minutes!

In the gift shop I tried out a new look

We then realised that the rain was back and it was back in big way!

We just took shelter in the gift shop, along with the rest of Adventureland! It was a full 30 minutes before it had calmed down and we could leave.

The attraction situation was looking dire.

We had Fast Passes for Splash and Big Thunder We could have swapped them out for any of the indoor rides, except Haunted Mansion and Peter Pan's Flight I think. With all the outdoor attractions closed, that really didn’t leave much

We had a walk through Frontierland and just look at the rain water!

We thought it was brightening up, but we were wrong. It was soon lashing again. We thought we'd go do Country Bear Jamboree, but nope! It was being used as a rain shelter. Chris thought this was a good idea for guests. I did not. I wanted to see the show! Waaaaaaaa While we waited we enjoyed these gummies that Chris had purchased at the pirates shop.

The rain once again stopped and we enjoyed a dry spell.

I was most annoyed at people walking in front of my photo shoot! They got snake eye! Hahaha!

continued in next post
Link to this Post
Redrach1903

Redrach1903's Reviews

We had a FP for Space for a bit later, but thought we'd go use one of our switcharoos for it just now.

But guess what? It was down! Are you KIDDING me? And even though the weather had significantly improved, all the outdoor rides were still down

It was pretty difficult not to just give up and leave to be honest, but I really wanted to see Happily Ever After again and the forecast was saying it would be dry for them, so we ploughed on.

We used one of our FPs on Winnie the Pooh, just to do something! Haha!

After that we had a walk round to Storybook Circus for a sweet treat.

Cake pops, a marshmallow stick and a slushy were purchased. Damn, I love cake pops. I think I'll try and make them soon

We then walked back to the hub hoping to secure a spot for Happily Ever After.

The bloody rain came back on at 8.45pm. I was so unimpressed. This is the first time we have ever had a wash out on our final night at MK. I wanted to cry

We took shelter near the Plaza Restaurant and, as luck would have it, the rain stopped just in time for Happily Ever After! We got a pretty decent spot too, just to the right of the fountain! Hurrah!

My poor poor hair. Stupid rain!

Chris was on photo and video duty to let me enjoy the show Good husband!

I literally cried 3 separate times during the show, haha! What a sap. First timer reactions are everything, I loved seeing them just in awe. That is definitely what set me off on at least one of those three occasions!

Nearly a Mickey…….

continued in next post
Old 20 Sep 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903

Redrach1903's Reviews

I love the big cheers that erupt when Baymax appears

Goodness gracious, great ball(s) of…..

Tink!

It was now about 9.30 and we were about ready to leave, but Space Mountain was back up and running so we went for a quick blast into space first!

The castle was still looking total beauts with the projections as we passed over the bridge.

We were on Space within 10 minutes.

And the award for the most flattering ride photo goes to…………

One last glimpse of Tomorrowland….

This sign made me sad. I do love Stitch!

Once Upon a Time had started, so we stopped to watch that. It was a lovely way to end the evening.

And then it was time to say farewell to Magic Kingdom We did stop briefly to admire these new window displays at The Emporium though. Pretty cool huh?

And one final Photo Pass.

Time to go. Sob.

There was a bus waiting at our stop, so that was nice! We hopped off at the Swan and decided to walk along to Jellyrolls for a quick drink. It's a place we have always meant to visit, but never managed to get round to it.

We LOVED it here. What a talented bunch of guys, seriously!

Cocktails were ordered. Mine was the Blue Screwdriver. I'm sure Chris's was some kind of daily special, but I can't remember!

So, we were only meant to be going in for one. Well, we ended up in there until 1.45am! Hahahaha! We had soooooo much fun, we just couldn’t leave. They were playing everything from Green Day to Disney sons to Queen to Backstreet Boys! So so so fun!

Here are a couple of videos.

Bohemian Rhapsody

Bennie & The Jets (tuuuuuuuuuuune)

Circle of Life. I may or may not have cried when this happened. Don't judge me. I was hammered.

More drinks flowed! Ah there's what Chris was drinking! But no, I have no idea what was actually in it!

And some questionable dancing happened. These are Boomerangs, but I don’t know how else for them to show up here without uploading to YouTube?

We requested a Tenacious D song (Tribute). We didn’t actually expect them to know it, but oh my god, they NAILED it. We were in total awe. I had the whole thing on video, but when I tried to trim it the next morning, it corrupted and I lost the whole damn thing! So you'll just have to take my word for it!

Anyway, we had such a blast and we'll definitely go back next time we are in Orlando. I recommend you all to visit and have yourself a fun night out!

A few photos around the Boardwalk before we finally went back to the hotel. Soooooo pretty.

Once back at the hotel we stopped at Picabu for a pizza and then headed back to the room.

I am so glad we went to Jellyrolls cos it totally made me forget the sadness of leaving MK. Was lovely to end the holiday on such a high!

Thank you for reading. Just one more post now which is travel home day It's here

Steps today – 23,495

Edited at 11:57 AM.
Old 20 Sep 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

Another great day - loved the firework photos. I am in amazement at just how much the two of you manage to pack into your time out there!

Seeing your photos made me question, how intrusive do you think the skyliner is in relation to the Beach/Yacht Club?
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
prettymiarose
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Ok so now jellyrolls is on my to do list thank god the rain stopped for the fireworks, we’ve only seen the old version cause our last visit to watch was rained off
Love the Space photo lol reminds me of photo on my fridge of my daughter. Her first proper rollercoaster ride. I was so nervous about her sitting alone & kept saying ‘hold on really tight’. Well, got to the photo & the little minx has both arms in the air & biggest smile!
Looking forward to last day, we did 7 nights before so count yourself lucky!
Old 20 Sep 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

What a great end to another fabulous day.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Hel22
Trainee Dibber

Another great, busy day, How fab was the quiet World Showcase? Looked like a fantastic end to the holiday, Cocktails, music and dancing- result! I've really enjoyed your trippie, thanks for sharing Hx
Hel22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

Have loved reading this and I totally get the ‘sadness’ of the last night at MK. Jelly rolls sounds fun - am adding it to the list for next summer
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List