Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 19 Jan 21, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
#41
MissPiggy2012
VIP Dibber
 
MissPiggy2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 12
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Sounds lovely! Where is your home resort? We love the Poly, never stayed at BC or SSR but they're on our list.

Are you having Christmas lunch in MK or will you go somewhere else?

Where did you buy your park tickets? I'm not sure when to get them as I don't think they're refundable and as we're dong a DVC stay and not a package I think that leaves us more vulnerable?
We own at all 3 resorts 🤪 love them all for different reasons. We think we will go elsewhere for Xmas lunch, possibly one of the resorts.

We still have our annual pass and as we also have a booking for June when our pass was due to expire, they let us renew early.

Not feeling very confident for our June booking though 😳
__________________
13 trips and counting 2008 - 2020
MissPiggy2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
#42
act1980
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber
 
act1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 09
Location: Hampshire
Originally Posted by MissPiggy2012 View Post
We own at all 3 resorts 🤪 love them all for different reasons. We think we will go elsewhere for Xmas lunch, possibly one of the resorts.

We still have our annual pass and as we also have a booking for June when our pass was due to expire, they let us renew early.

Not feeling very confident for our June booking though 😳
Ah amazing! 🤗 Have you stayed at SSR since the refurb? The rooms look so much better now!

What do you think youíll do about your June booking?
__________________
act1980 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
#43
MissPiggy2012
VIP Dibber
 
MissPiggy2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 12
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Ah amazing! 🤗 Have you stayed at SSR since the refurb? The rooms look so much better now!

What do you think youíll do about your June booking?
No we havenít stayed in a refurbed room so canít wait to see them 😊

We have decided to wait until March to make a decision on our June holiday. We can move our flights with Virgin so would move to either September 2021 or May 2022.
__________________
13 trips and counting 2008 - 2020
MissPiggy2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
#44
act1980
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber
 
act1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 09
Location: Hampshire
Originally Posted by MissPiggy2012 View Post
No we havenít stayed in a refurbed room so canít wait to see them 😊

We have decided to wait until March to make a decision on our June holiday. We can move our flights with Virgin so would move to either September 2021 or May 2022.
I don't know about you but I go up and down every day about my trips 🙄

Fingers crossed we don't have to cancel 🤞🏼 I'll probably wait until around March-April to figure out if August is going to work. I hate the not knowing.
__________________
act1980 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
#45
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber
 
Sandraoh40's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 13
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
I wonder if the credit card company would refund us if needed?
I have looked at bit more into my tickets question.
Attraction tickets have a flex plus insurance you can take out £18 pp. we can get the tickets, register them on MDE and pick our park days, and if we donít go they will refund them once the tickets are returned. I donít think I can ask for fairer than that. Think Iím going to put a deposit down tomorrow.
Sandraoh40 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
#46
andyh
VIP Dibber
 
andyh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 03
Nice thread! Last night we took the decision to go for "third time lucky" and reserved some DVC accommodation in our home resorts (Bay lake and Beach Club).

Just place holders as we may switch to Saratoga Springs, not sure! 11th December to 28th December. Need to contact Virgin to get our open ticket rebooked.

Couple of things if anybody knows, or interested in what you are doing:

1) Virgin do I have to wait for the usual 11 months before trying to rebook the open ticket
2) as we are staying for 18 nights what are people doing with tickets now the 21 day pass seems to have gone!

Cheers,

Andy.
andyh is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
#47
pdw8
Trying for More Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 16
we have just rebooked from April to 29/12 to 12/01 with BA flydrive and a private villa. Now to decide where to go for NYE!
pdw8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
#48
captain-codeye
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jul 10

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by pdw8 View Post
we have just rebooked from April to 29/12 to 12/01 with BA flydrive and a private villa. Now to decide where to go for NYE!
We have always found sea word great on nye, itís quiet with a good party atmosphere.

Lego land also have a early kids nye we went to one year that was ok.
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
#49
act1980
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber
 
act1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 09
Location: Hampshire
Originally Posted by andyh View Post
Nice thread! Last night we took the decision to go for "third time lucky" and reserved some DVC accommodation in our home resorts (Bay lake and Beach Club).

Just place holders as we may switch to Saratoga Springs, not sure! 11th December to 28th December. Need to contact Virgin to get our open ticket rebooked.

Couple of things if anybody knows, or interested in what you are doing:

1) Virgin do I have to wait for the usual 11 months before trying to rebook the open ticket
2) as we are staying for 18 nights what are people doing with tickets now the 21 day pass seems to have gone!

Cheers,

Andy.
Sounds lovely!

Not sure about park tickets, my issue is not knowing when to buy them. If park reservations are still in place then booking Christmas day soon is going to be a good idea I think! I just don't know if buying tickets now is still taking a bit of a gamble as I don't think Disney refund them if we can't go 😕
__________________
act1980 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
#50
Buggles94
VIP Dibber
 
Buggles94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 14

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Joining this thread as have just booked flights for 27th! Managed to book 4 nights in the Beach Club Hotel (Disney only booking up till 31st) and hopefully will get the rest of the nights booked in DVC home resort when released next week Have booked EPCOT for NYE so fingers crossed that's where we will be!
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in international Flower & Garden Festival
On 13th January 11:35am
This March the Garden Rocks Concert series returns to EPCOT at the International Flower &... Read More »
Posted in Seaworld
On 4th January 2:22pm
Get ready for uncharted chills on the all-new Ice Breaker coaster at SeaWorld Orlando! Named... Read More »
Posted in Florida
On 21st November 8:54am
Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman Josh D’Amaro revealed Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.3345
CaxtonFX  $1.3284
Covent Garden FX  $1.3419
FAIRFX  $1.3322
John Lewis  $1.3371
M&S  $1.3160
Post Office  $1.3147
Sainsburys  $1.3317
TESCO  $1.3345
Travelex  $1.3300
Updated: 10:00 18/01/2022
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1707
CaxtonFX  €1.1661
Covent Garden FX  €1.1847
FAIRFX  €1.1688
John Lewis  €1.1724
M&S  €1.1549
Post Office  €1.1533
Sainsburys  €1.1682
TESCO  €1.1707
Travelex  €1.1661
Updated: 10:00 18/01/2022

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now



X