Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 7 Jul 21, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneydevotee
Gone all Goofy

Question Premier access charge /fast passes

If Disneyland Paris are replacing fast passes with Premier Access charges,will Disney World go same way.Universal charge but not for those staying at some Universal Resorts.
Disneydevotee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

I reckon so. I’m hoping it will be more like the Max Pass system in Disneyland if it does come in - so a paid option and a free option… €8 per person per ride seems steep in my opinion, especially if there is no incentive offered for onsite guests… like one free daily fast pass or something.
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

This article was shared on the DLP thread, looks like there is a strong chance it will be coming to WDW and DLR too

wdwnt/2021/07/disney-pre...d-resort-soon/
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

There's a big thread on FP rumours in the theme parks board. But IMO, yes something is definitely coming. I don't think it will be like DLP's though, there's too many FP attractions at WDW to move to a per ride pricing model without huge backlash.

Edited at 11:13 AM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Disneydevotee View Post
If Disneyland Paris are replacing fast passes with Premier Access charges,will Disney World go same way.
We don't know.

I don't think it will be exactly the same. I suspect there will be some differences. I mean, it's not like Disney has been consistent in the past with it's different fastpass and paid fastpass systems across the different resorts, so why would they start now?

Plus, I don't think the system would work in WDW. For starters, they'd also need to implement the free StandBy Pass option for many of the popular rides. Next, they would need to reduce the number of rides you can fastpass to only the most popular ones (DLP limits fastpasses to only around 10 rides across it's two parks, so there's a limit regarding how much you could spend).

I think they will implement some sort of paid fastpass system. And it might be a pay-per-fastpass system. But whether it'll be exactly like the Premier Access system at DLP remains to be seen.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 04:11 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Fatboyslick
Apprentice Imagineer

Fatboyslick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Fast Pass unlikely to return now theyve introduced Paid Queue Jumping at Disneyland Paris

If you missed the news yesterday, Disneyland Paris have scrapped Fast Passes and introduced Premier Access:

$8-15 per person to join a queue jump at a specific time

Only certain attractions are featured (eg Pirates isnt) and presumably top tier attractions will be more expensive.

I appreciate DP is ran quite differently to DW and DLC, but all signs point to a similar system being launched.

I for one am appalled at this and should it be introduced would massively reconsider my options when traveling to Orlando. Fast Passes have been a huge reason for us staying onsite and planning our visit around mixing and matching attractions across different days.

Disney Land... Disney Land Paris
May14, Sep15... Mar17
Fatboyslick is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

Getting more and more likely we will be skipping Disney when we finally get back to Orlando.
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Keegan
Apprentice Imagineer

If anything it will be similar to DLC Max Pass.

Still a free fastpass option offered alongside a paid for version.

WDW will not follow the DLP version due to the sheer amount of fastpass attractions.
Keegan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

DLP has had a paid FP system for a few years now, this is just a new version of it.

While I agree paid FP are more than likely on their way, I don't believe they will use the same pricing model as DLP. Every resort worldwide has a a different FP system that is catered to the local market.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
They will be doing virtual queue on the App for free which is new to DLP. Think it’s the way forward. Don’t agree with the paying extra bit , Universal did the same years ago
Latics is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List