Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 24 Aug 21, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
#1
Deggs
Very Serious Dibber
 
Join Date: Jun 13
Pen Farthing

Anyone else following this absolute 💩show? Iím 100% with him.

Deggs x
Deggs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 21, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
#2
Bellasmummy
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Oct 13
Mobile

Not sure I see the issue if heíd arranged a private flight himself. Surely the runway is big enough to accommodate that landing and taking off without affecting the others.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 21, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
#3
DISNEYALI
Imagineer
 
DISNEYALI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 02

DISNEYALI's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Mobile

Watching with huge interest I am friends with his brother, I've known his brother for years and he's often spoken about Penn
DISNEYALI is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 21, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
#4
EssexSue
Imagineer

 
EssexSue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 09
Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
Not sure I see the issue if heíd arranged a private flight himself. Surely the runway is big enough to accommodate that landing and taking off without affecting the others.
Apparently there is a shortage of Vets in the UK and his team will need very little training to be able to work here.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 21, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
#5
Deggs
Thread Starter
Very Serious Dibber
 
Join Date: Jun 13
MoD saying theyíre prioritising animals over people. As the very succinct Ricky Gervais has tweeted:
1. Animals are going in the hold where people CANíT go,
2. Itís a privately funded plane with the capacity to take even more people to safety.

Itís so moronic!
Deggs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 21, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
#6
emmabrown68
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Mar 09
Location: Lancashire
I agree, it's so ridiculous. He's not even asking for military to help him get his staff and animals to the airport! I read a news article earlier in which he was reported as saying that if he can't get the animals into the plane, he'll have to euthanise them on the runway 😔. The money has been raised to cover the costs of the plane etc. I just hope the MoD have a change of heart and unblock the flight.
__________________
IDrive 91, Enclave Suites 07, Southern Dunes 09, Quality Inn Plaza, Hard Rock Hotel, Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel (St Petes), Orlando Metropolitan Express & Buena Vista Palace Hotel 10!, The Florida Hotel 11, Hampton Lakes 12, Bridgewater Crossing 12, Vegas/LA 13, Tall Grass Villa 13, The Florida Hotel 13, Bridgewater Crossing 15, Terrace Ridge 16, West Haven 17,18,July 19, Dec 19 & Dec 21
emmabrown68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 21, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
#7
goodevans
VIP Dibber
 
goodevans's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 05

goodevans's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Originally Posted by Deggs View Post
Anyone else following this absolute 💩show? Iím 100% with him.

Deggs x
Me too 👍

Ricky Gervais is spot on !

MOD🖕👎👎👎👎
__________________
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 21, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
#8
ElsasGloves
Very Serious Dibber
 
ElsasGloves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 14
Iím not saying I donít agree with the efforts to get the people and animals hereÖbutÖis the issue that all commercial flights have stopped and therefore it doesnít look particularly good if he can arrange a commercial flight thatís been paid for when there are thousands of others stuck in Kabul that would likewise have wanted to pay for a flight out?
I think there were many people who had flights booked to travel out that obviously got cancelled when the commercial side of the airport was closed by the military. There are places for him and his staff on the military evacuation planes apparently, but not the animals I understand.
Iím just not sure that buying your way out on a commercial flight would be acceptable to the military who are running the airport when others are not in a position to do similar.

As I say, Iím absolutely not against evacuating anyone and everyone as itís such a horrendous situation to be in, but Iím trying to work out why the request for a commercial flight is seeming to be rejected.
ElsasGloves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 21, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
#9
Megandllsmum
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Apr 14

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by ElsasGloves View Post
Iím not saying I donít agree with the efforts to get the people and animals hereÖbutÖis the issue that all commercial flights have stopped and therefore it doesnít look particularly good if he can arrange a commercial flight thatís been paid for when there are thousands of others stuck in Kabul that would likewise have wanted to pay for a flight out?
I think there were many people who had flights booked to travel out that obviously got cancelled when the commercial side of the airport was closed by the military. There are places for him and his staff on the military evacuation planes apparently, but not the animals I understand.
Iím just not sure that buying your way out on a commercial flight would be acceptable to the military who are running the airport when others are not in a position to do similar.

As I say, Iím absolutely not against evacuating anyone and everyone as itís such a horrendous situation to be in, but Iím trying to work out why the request for a commercial flight is seeming to be rejected.
Every bit of whatís happening in Afghanistan is a sorry bleeding mess but something about all this is strange , itís almost as if heís become good morning Britainís poster boy for how things are over thereÖÖ.Iím so hoping he does get things sorted and gets people out of that hell hole but something just isnít sitting right with everything heís saying. As an animal lover Iíd love him to get all those animals out too I really hope what he said about having to euthanise them before he boards the plane was for dramatic effect 😥😥😥
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 21, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
#10
EssexSue
Imagineer

 
EssexSue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 09
Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Every bit of whatís happening in Afghanistan is a sorry bleeding mess but something about all this is strange , itís almost as if heís become good morning Britainís poster boy for how things are over thereÖÖ.Iím so hoping he does get things sorted and gets people out of that hell hole but something just isnít sitting right with everything heís saying. As an animal lover Iíd love him to get all those animals out too I really hope what he said about having to euthanise them before he boards the plane was for dramatic effect 😥😥😥
I don't think he will have any option if they don't let him bring them. Better that than leaving them to starve slowly.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Rollercoaster
On 21st January 11:31am
Busch Gardens Tampa Bay will open Iron Gwazi, the world’s fastest and steepest hybrid coaster,... Read More »
Posted in international Flower & Garden Festival
On 13th January 11:35am
This March the Garden Rocks Concert series returns to EPCOT at the International Flower &... Read More »
Posted in Seaworld
On 4th January 2:22pm
Get ready for uncharted chills on the all-new Ice Breaker coaster at SeaWorld Orlando! Named... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.3272
CaxtonFX  $1.3213
Covent Garden FX  $1.3338
FAIRFX  $1.3249
John Lewis  $1.3282
M&S  $1.3076
Post Office  $1.3062
Sainsburys  $1.3242
TESCO  $1.3275
Travelex  $1.3243
Updated: 15:30 23/01/2022
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1696
CaxtonFX  €1.1620
Covent Garden FX  €1.1763
FAIRFX  €1.1680
John Lewis  €1.1710
M&S  €1.1523
Post Office  €1.1508
Sainsburys  €1.1674
TESCO  €1.1698
Travelex  €1.1700
Updated: 15:30 23/01/2022

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now