Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 25 Sep 21, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
dangallimore
Imagineer

What do people usually do on arrival day?

Hi all, we land about 3 pm Orlando time and by the time we get out of the airport and to the hotel we say maybe 6 pm.

We are staying onsite at Disney Caribean and are not sure what to do when we get there.

We were thinking of possibly heading to Disney Boardwalk or Disney Sprints.. does anyone know how easy it is to get there from our hotel or how often the shuttles are?

We are open to suggestions if people do other things... we will have a moody and tired 13-year-old and an excited giddy 8-year-old.

Thanks
Old 25 Sep 21, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
You could get to Boardwalk and Epcot on the Skyliner from CBR would take about 10/12mins. When you get to Epcot Skyliner station you just walk 5mins to the boardwalk. Disney Springs would be a bus and probably take 20 mins or so. The buses run every 20mins or so, Skyliner runs continuously except during very bad weather/thunderstorms. I am at CBR next year and once settled in I am planning to take the Skyliner and go wander around Epcot's World Showcase

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive

Edited at 04:38 PM.
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
dangallimore
Imagineer

Originally Posted by teachx View Post
You could get to Boardwalk and Epcot on the Skyliner from CBR would take about 10/12mins. When you get to Epcot Skyliner station you just walk 5mins to the boardwalk. Disney Springs would be a bus and probably take 20 mins or so. The buses run every 20mins or so, Skyliner runs continuously except during very bad weather/thunderstorms. I am at CBR next year and once settled in I am planning to take the Skyliner and go wander around Epcot's World Showcase
Great thank you, hopefully, weather will be fine and we can just jump on the Skyliner then to Epcot and head over to the Boardwalk
Old 25 Sep 21, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
The Skyliner does stop at night, usually about 1 - 1 1/2 hour or so after Epcot closes but the board at the CBR station will tell you the running times, but would guess you wouldn't be staying out too late lol

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I honestly don't plan to do anything. I generally take the later flight where possible anyway so not usually at the resort until around 8pm. Just grab some food from the resort restaurant, take a shower then head for bed.

But if you did feel up to heading out, I would go to Boardwalk on the Skyliner as suggested. Such an easy trip from CBR, and won't be as busy as Disney Springs - especially if you're arriving on a weekend.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
LIZH
Imagineer

Truthfully after a full day of travelling, its something to eat and an early night, ready for the 1st full day of my holiday and ready to chillout for two weeks😊
LIZH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Magics
Very Serious Dibber

Just get something to eat unpack have a shower and go to sleep to tired to do anything else after a long flight.
Old 25 Sep 21, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Can’t remember, it’s been so long!
My kids are a bit younger and we’ve never made it out to a park, we usually get ourselves settled, go for a wander and then fall asleep (as much as we try to stay awake, it never happens).
Old 25 Sep 21, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
princesspinky
Excited about Disney

princesspinky's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
You will all be shattered, unpack, go eat, go to bed ☺️
1997 - WDW & Caribbean Cruise 1998 - DLP 2004 - WDW 2006 - WDW 2008 - WDW 2010 - DLP 2010 - New York + WDW 2012 - WDW 2013 - Vegas, San Fran, LA & San Diego 2014 - Sarasota, Miami, Carribbean Cruise 2015 - New York, Canada, New England, Boston 2016 - WDW
2022 - WDW & Carribbean Cruise & Miami
princesspinky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

We make plans but accept that if there are flight delays or we feel tired then we change plans. So we wouldn’t book a restaurant on the first evening.

Disney Springs is a good place for a first evening or choose the closest park to your resort so as soon as tiredness sets in (especially with an 8 year old) you can get back to resort and bed. We try to stay awake until 10pm, as a family of adults, as it helps in adjusting to the time difference but it’s not always possible with younger children
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List