Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Oct 21, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Info on children reopening - again!

Opening a new thread for those only who have children and just want to share info on when they will be allowed into the US. The other thread has gone after people attacking each other so please keep to the topic!

Desperate to find out as we pay our balance next week and don't know whether to cancel for a VH deposit voucher, or hang on. I know there are a fair few of us in the same boat!
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

FT said:

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will release the full details on how the policy will be implemented in the coming days, including which vaccines will be accepted and what kinds of proof will be needed. People briefed on the plans said children would be exempted from the vaccination requirement, though it is not clear at what age the US will set the cut-off.
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsjacksparrow
slightly serious Dibber

Let’s hope they’re not consulting Disney on what age a child is deemed an adult! 😂
mrsjacksparrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
On another thread Reuters reported that this information should be announced on the 25th, not too long to wait now. At least by then I’ll know. We’re all in different situations, ours being a 12 year old who doesn’t want the vaccine.
Latics is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I’m one of the people impatiently waiting as I have two teens. One who is singular jabbed and one who is supposed to be having his next week.

We’re not going until July though so it could all change again before then.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you for reopening this. Fingers crossed it won't get drowned by arguments again.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

Worrying about this too. I have my 3 year old who will obviously be exempt but my 12 and 13 year old have had one vaccine. At the beginning of November it will be 8 weeks since their first so hopefully they will be able to get their 2nd before we go November 16th. Im not sure as it says between 8 and 12 weeks. This is due to me being ecv. Hoping its just 1 jab anyway as otherwise so many families will miss out
Old 16 Oct 21, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
My concern is proving the kids have had the vaccine, dd 14 will be double jabbed 18 days before we fly but at present under 16’s are unable to have a vaccine passport.
captain-codeye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by captain-codeye View Post
My concern is proving the kids have had the vaccine, dd 14 will be double jabbed 18 days before we fly but at present under 16’s are unable to have a vaccine passport.
Gosh didn't even think about that!
Old 16 Oct 21, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Rapscallion
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by keely21 View Post
Worrying about this too. I have my 3 year old who will obviously be exempt but my 12 and 13 year old have had one vaccine. At the beginning of November it will be 8 weeks since their first so hopefully they will be able to get their 2nd before we go November 16th. Im not sure as it says between 8 and 12 weeks. This is due to me being ecv. Hoping its just 1 jab anyway as otherwise so many families will miss out
How are you feeling about your 3 year old wearing a mask on the flight? I am very nervous about our 2 year old.
Rapscallion is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List