Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Nov 21, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Share your experiences of travelling to the US

I thought it may be a good idea to start a thread as I know a lot of us have concerns about flying into the US when it opens.

There's still a lot of uncertainty around how strict they will be with masks and very young children & if we'll be asked any questions related to tests or vaccines at immigration or having to prove we have a test booked, can we use the free NHS ones, were the queues any longer than usual etc.

For those that are travelling soon it would be really helpful if you could share your experiences. Hopefully it will give us all some peace of mind 🤞🏼

Safe travels and have a great time! 😎
Old 4 Nov 21, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Great idea! Looking forward to the reports, especially from Manchester airport!
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Great idea! Looking forward to the reports, especially from Manchester airport!
We go one day after you but from Heathrow with Virgin- although we are not travelling with children, its just the two of us, I will be happy to report back on our flight/airport experience as I think the more experiences added the better to help everyone.

Will be interesting to see if there are differing experiences between airlines.

Happy travels everyone
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
BIGDENNIS10UK
Imagineer

Mobile

Follow
BIGDENNIS10UK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My DH and DS14 will be travelling in early December from Manchester to Orlando direct. He is going to keep me updated and I am happy to share any information he has. I don’t think either of them really believe yet that they are going!
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chilli-pepper View Post
We go one day after you but from Heathrow with Virgin- although we are not travelling with children, its just the two of us, I will be happy to report back on our flight/airport experience as I think the more experiences added the better to help everyone.

Will be interesting to see if there are differing experiences between airlines.

Happy travels everyone
Virgin are not using an app unlike BA so it should be interesting pulling out reams of paper for them to check.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Rossmasa
Very Serious Dibber

Good luck to all the Guinea pigs looking forward to reading your posts and gleaning any helpful tips for when we go in December 🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂
Caribbean Beach Resort August 2016
Coronado Springs Resort August 2014, 2015, 2017 2018, 2019 (Gran Destino)
Art Of Animation December 2021 2022
Rossmasa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

I'll be trying to cover our trip out from MAN live, starting in about 11 days.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Virgin are not using an app unlike BA so it should be interesting pulling out reams of paper for them to check.
Not sure why Virgin are not using the app, seems quite odd in this day an age, would be helpful if they did.

I have stated to get all my paperwork ready for the off and categorising it so hopefully I done get in a fluff at the airport as I think initially it will be quite stressful with the additional requirements. For ease we are going to Birmingham airport for our LFT's and ordering the 2 day post landing LFT from Superdrug.
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chilli-pepper View Post
Not sure why Virgin are not using the app, seems quite odd in this day an age, would be helpful if they did.

I have stated to get all my paperwork ready for the off and categorising it so hopefully I done get in a fluff at the airport as I think initially it will be quite stressful with the additional requirements. For ease we are going to Birmingham airport for our LFT's and ordering the 2 day post landing LFT from Superdrug.
I find it odd they can't use verifly. How much faff and time would be saved at the airport?