Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Nov 21, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
irvin38a
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by kk20 View Post
For those with nationwide make sure you read their covid update sent months ago, they cover hardly anything for covid related cancellations or amendments. You certainly arent covered if the traffic light system comes back and it moves to red for example. You arent covered if a lockdown comes into effect (this was a big one when ryanair and BA co tinued to fly as the destination was fine therefore no payouts from the airline). The current account policy had a few relaxatuons in October but the big restrictions remained.

You are covered for issues once you are there providing FCDO advice was good when you set off.

The which article is out of date IMHO.

We have nationwide and took out a churchill policy for a reasonable amount back in August (they seem to be very very expensive now).

Dont forget, the current account policies are effectively renewed monthly, they can change t and c as you go along month to month.
Mine is through Nationwide Flexplus account. Just phoned them and they have assured me that the only time we wouldn’t have been covered is if we’d booked and cancelled while FCO was advising against travel. If they were to advise against travel or USA went red in the future and we couldn’t travel, we would be covered for cancellation. Likewise, if we were needing to cancel due to testing positive/having to isolate, we would be covered.

I also enquired as to whether theme park tickets would be covered and she said yes they would.
irvin38a is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

it does indeed look like they have changed t and c again. i will upload the document when im not on my mobile we got from nationwide when we asked, it definitely has lots of exclusions. It was also retrospective This only highlights the difference with ongoing insurance, they can change t and c

nationwide/help/tr...nsurance-cover

makes mention of the change

edit.. This was the list of caveats they had in place when we booked in august

nationwide/-/asset...ter-jan-21.pdf

it was on this basis we booked other insurance. many caveats.

Edited at 11:53 PM.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Best thing to do is look at the normal comparison websites and check the policy carefully asking any questions if you are not sure. Policies vary, most if not all providers will cover you if you test positive before you go, if you become ill with covid when you are out there. But most if not all will not provide cover if the FCO advise changes to not travel or if you travel against the advise.

Some insurance policies also won’t cover you if you booked when advise was in place telling you not to travel.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
bigkid39
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
I've got mine with Barclays, nice to see the Which article which rates it as one of the best 👍
We are having issues with barclays at the moment. I had travel insurance with them way before covid was an issue and so we are covered completely for that. Travelled to the USA and husband caught covid out there. He is still there now doing ten days isolation and so far has had to pay everything out of his own pocket and they haven't clarified yet whether they will cover the hospital bill either. 4 days hospitalisation cos of pneumonia covid related. Fingers crossed it all gets sorted but it's down to insurance not communicating with the hospital from the start and so here we are at day 8 and still no confirmation. As husband is isolating he isn't allowed out and so we have had to rely on the kindness of strangers to drop him meals as not many places deliver food when you haven't got an American debit/credit card with a zip code! Thankfully a few places will allow you pay with PayPal!
Old 30 Nov 21, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I have Nationwide Flexplus Travel Cover and checked yesterday - all covered for covid, inc cancellation, medical costs, repatriation, etc. 100% covered so very happy

Do you have FlexAccount or FlexPlus travel insurance?

I have FlexAccount travel insurance

I have FlexPlus travel insurance
Thanks for answering our question
You’re now covered for cancelling due to the coronavirus
From 5 October 2021, you’re covered for cancelling any trips you’ve booked but not yet taken and any new trips you book due to the coronavirus or another pandemic disease in certain situations.
But between 1 January 2021 and 4 October 2021, our insurance provider made some temporary changes to your cover. This means your cover for any trips you booked and cancelled between these dates will have been a bit different.
Any trips you booked and cancelled between these dates weren’t covered for cancellations due to the coronavirus or another pandemic disease in certain situations. You can find the full details of your cover during this time in your

nationwide/help/tr...surance-cover/

Edited at 02:44 PM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 21, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
gonzosuperfan
Trading Disney Pins

Nationwide FlexPlus is pretty much all you need since they removed all COVID exclusions.
gonzosuperfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 21, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by gonzosuperfan View Post
Nationwide FlexPlus is pretty much all you need since they removed all COVID exclusions.
Agree. The £13 monthly fee is well worth it for our family.

I understand Barclays also offer similar cover
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 21, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mandevillepete
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Agree. The £13 monthly fee is well worth it for our family.

I understand Barclays also offer similar cover
I agree. The £13 per month also gives other cover and benefits including mobile phone cover and car breakdown. Well worth it. I was also able to add my DD and her boyfriend to the policy for £50 each as I wanted us all to be with the same insurer which I though was reasonable
Old 29 Dec 21, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
m8rty
Getting Excited

I use Monzo Premium which comes with travel cover, provided by AXA.
I've not looked into the T&C's of what is and isn't covered, I'm not a big believer in insurance companies at the best of times.
And I booked when travel to the USA was not allowed hence I'm probs not covered for anything, they're all liars and I don't believe anyone really wins with insurance.
m8rty is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 21, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by m8rty View Post
I use Monzo Premium which comes with travel cover, provided by AXA.
I've not looked into the T&C's of what is and isn't covered, I'm not a big believer in insurance companies at the best of times.
And I booked when travel to the USA was not allowed hence I'm probs not covered for anything, they're all liars and I don't believe anyone really wins with insurance.
The insurance company will always win, but the insurance are there to help when you need. You’ll end up paying a lot of of pocket if something happens
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List