Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 16 Nov 21, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
toddy22
Getting Excited

The good, the bad and the beautiful

So here now, flew yesterday VS75 from Manchester.
Booked LF test with Collinson drive through at Manchester ( code for 20% off MAN20 cost £32 each) which is basically in the car park of the Premier Inn Ringer Lane. We were staying there the night b4 so killed 2 stones with 1 bird. I had all sorts of reservations about this but this was so easy, an absolute doddle and had results in 30 mins pinged across to email and Jan at the Premier Inn even printed the results off for me.
At the airport Virgin staff go through your docs b4 you check in again a doddle.
We were in PE and all flight most people that I saw were wearing masks apart from the American lady who for 9 hours drank JD and coke 😂😂😂 always one. Only once did I see Virgin Staff ask somebody to pop their mask on.
Talking of the Virgin Staff, fantastic does not sum them up. They couldn't do enough and we regularly spoke to them and they took time to put people who had any reservations at ease.
So all Good.
The Bad.
Picked up car at MCO ( mustang convertible) and it was covered in scratches and paint chips (take photos and point it out to staff).
I have my own dedicated sat nav which decided to not play ball and as we were heading out to cocoa beach wasn't what I needed at that time, got phone working and here at cocoa beach now.
The Beautiful.
Was the sunrise at 6am this morning and the beach here.
Staying at The Inn Cocoa Beach for a couple of nights and then driving on to St Augustine
Hope this helps anyone with reservations and anyone want some info while we're here please just ask. I'll do my best to help.
Toddy
toddy22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Thanks for the update.

What was the car situation like? Did they have a large selection or was it slim pickings?

Have a fantastic trip, see you out there soon...
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
toddy22
Getting Excited

Booked with Alamo via Andy.
No convertibles, sent to National no convertibles sent to Enterprise only the one convertible.
There did seem to be a lot less cars and choice compared to previous years
toddy22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List