Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 17 Nov 21, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
#1
Donz1979
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jan 19
Mobile Why not England

So it seems alot of places are putting some 'light' restrictions in place to try slow down the spread yet England arent. Gov been slated once for slow acting so why they doing it again.

Surely minimal restrictions over a longer period are better than harsh ones. The mind boggles.
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
#2
Mazbar
Imagineer
 
Join Date: May 13

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Because we are now going to carry on with giving booster to the most vulnerable. If you want to control infection then they would have to close the schools as this is where the majority of infections are, and thank god they are not. If people are personally bothered about the risk to themselves then it is up to them to protect themselves and let the rest of the population carry on.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
#3
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Nov 10
Location: Falmouth
Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
Because we are now going to carry on with giving booster to the most vulnerable. If you want to control infection then they would have to close the schools as this is where the majority of infections are, and thank god they are not. If people are personally bothered about the risk to themselves then it is up to them to protect themselves and let the rest of the population carry on.
As above. We cannot destroy the education of our youth, our workplaces and our hospitality areas (Where millions are employed) yet further. The damage done to the economy of the nation is already incalculable, those involved in the above are less likely to face life changing (or ending) consequences of catching it and therefore it is right that we try to get the U.K. back on its feet.

Vaccines and boosters are widely available now to practically everybody who wants one. Whilst I feel greatly for those who cannot take the vaccine, I have less than no interest in the health of those who refuse. Stupid is as stupid does.

Whilst many Dibbers are financially rather secure and can watch on with interest.. (it goes with being able to afford Florida vacations regularly), other parts of our community that are less financially secure in life have taken an utter and total hammering, the extent of which will become increasingly apparent in the coming years as the Government tries to recoup money through ever higher taxation, interest rates rise and also resultant rents/ mortgage rates etc.

Time to live with it and itís consequences. No more lockdowns.
__________________

2005 onwards.. lots of times!
2017 Panhandle purgatoryhttps://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1193744
2018 Californiahttps://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1072473
2019 Boston, NY, Dayton OH, Orlando, Naples.
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1137302
Toronto & Florida 2022. https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1197381
California Nevada Arizona
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1209610

Edited at 08:16 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
#4
EssexSue
Imagineer

 
EssexSue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 09
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
As above. We cannot destroy the education of our youth, our workplaces and our hospitality areas (Where millions are employed) yet further. The damage done to the economy of the nation is already incalculable, those involved in the above are less likely to face life changing (or ending) consequences of catching it and therefore it is right that we try to get the U.K. back on its feet.

Vaccines and boosters are widely available now to practically everybody who wants one. Whilst I feel greatly for those who cannot take the vaccine, I have less than no interest in the health of those who refuse. Stupid is as stupid does.

Whilst many Dibbers are financially rather secure and can watch on with interest.. (it goes with being able to afford Florida vacations regularly), other parts of our community that are less financially secure in life have taken an utter and total hammering, the extent of which will become increasingly apparent in the coming years as the Government tries to recoup money through ever higher taxation, interest rates rise and also resultant rents/ mortgage rates etc.

Time to live with it and itís consequences. No more lockdowns.
Although I agree with most of this I couldn't care less if they lock down those who have refused the vaccine like Austria have. They are the ones giving the virus a home and a place to mutate.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
#5
Donz1979
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jan 19
Mobile

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Although I agree with most of this I couldn't care less if they lock down those who have refused the vaccine like Austria have. They are the ones giving the virus a home and a place to mutate.
But they arent! The vaccine protects YOU, stops YOU from becomming really ill (supposidly) you can still catch and pass on. I know loads double jabbed and caught it.

Im not sayin lock us down, just maybe masks!

I think its wrong people choosing not to have jab being treat way are, human rights huh
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
#6
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Nov 10
Location: Falmouth
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Although I agree with most of this I couldn't care less if they lock down those who have refused the vaccine like Austria have. They are the ones giving the virus a home and a place to mutate.
Yes, I would agree with that also.
__________________

2005 onwards.. lots of times!
2017 Panhandle purgatoryhttps://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1193744
2018 Californiahttps://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1072473
2019 Boston, NY, Dayton OH, Orlando, Naples.
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1137302
Toronto & Florida 2022. https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1197381
California Nevada Arizona
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1209610
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
#7
OutbackAddict
Imagineer
 
OutbackAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 10
Mobile

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Although I agree with most of this I couldn't care less if they lock down those who have refused the vaccine like Austria have. They are the ones giving the virus a home and a place to mutate.
I agree with this, I don't have a great interest in poring over covid figures most of the charts, statistics etc that have been shown on the dibb in the last 18 months I have 'clicked' right on by but I would be really interested to know the proportion of people currently in hospital with covid who are unvaccinated by choice as although I know you have the freedom to choose whether to be vaccinated or not it is extremely unfair if your actions deprive someone else of a hospital bed who really needs one through no fault of their own especially reading the current threads about ambulance wait times etc
__________________


Paul
OutbackAddict is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
#8
Blue nose
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Mar 16
Originally Posted by Donz1979 View Post
But they arent! The vaccine protects YOU, stops YOU from becomming really ill (supposidly) you can still catch and pass on. I know loads double jabbed and caught it.

Im not sayin lock us down, just maybe masks!

I think its wrong people choosing not to have jab being treat way are, human rights huh
Are you choosing to wear a mask still? There's nothing preventing it now. It's a choice for that that want to.

I go into the office twice a week and my employer says we must wear one and we're still sat 2m apart. My kids are at school and wear one. There's only DH that doesn't and he's sat in an empty office on his own most of the time.

If you are concerned you don't have to wait.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
#9
OutbackAddict
Imagineer
 
OutbackAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 10
Mobile

Originally Posted by Donz1979 View Post
But they arent! The vaccine protects YOU, stops YOU from becomming really ill (supposidly) you can still catch and pass on. I know loads double jabbed and caught it.

Im not sayin lock us down, just maybe masks!

I think its wrong people choosing not to have jab being treat way are, human rights huh
Sorry couldn't agree less if it was my choice if you refused the jab I wouldn't even give you a hospital bed as there are people far more deserving out there that need one through no fault of their own. I really don't see why others should suffer due to someone else's stupidity and selfishness !
__________________


Paul
OutbackAddict is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
#10
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber
 
YorkshireT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 16
Location: God's Own Country
Operation Wind down or whatever they are calling it reportedly kicks in, in the new year. This includes no more free tests, no requirement to self isolate and treating the virus just like any other.
Itís just an endemic virus now with low risk of death. Letís get on with it. You canít hide from Covid any better (in fact worse as itís more infectious) than you could anything else. It will now be circulating forever, our immune systems will in general deal with it if vaccinated.
Yes we will hear bad stories. But we hear bad stories about people dying of everything else including flu, we just donít get threads on a forum about it. Very sad every one badly effected is. Boosters are essential.
I think it will be an annual vaccination programme for over 50s. The younger generation who were never really at high risk will have an ongoing natural immunity through infection, just like with the other 4 coronavirus.
We canít carry on forever with social distancing, masks, testing asymptomatic people and spending billions on this stuff.
__________________

Edited at 09:03 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Rollercoaster
On 21st January 11:31am
Busch Gardens Tampa Bay will open Iron Gwazi, the world’s fastest and steepest hybrid coaster,... Read More »
Posted in international Flower & Garden Festival
On 13th January 11:35am
This March the Garden Rocks Concert series returns to EPCOT at the International Flower &... Read More »
Posted in Seaworld
On 4th January 2:22pm
Get ready for uncharted chills on the all-new Ice Breaker coaster at SeaWorld Orlando! Named... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.3272
CaxtonFX  $1.3213
Covent Garden FX  $1.3431
FAIRFX  $1.3249
John Lewis  $1.3305
M&S  $1.3113
Post Office  $1.3097
Sainsburys  $1.3242
TESCO  $1.3275
Travelex  $1.3243
Updated: 06:30 22/01/2022
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1696
CaxtonFX  €1.1620
Covent Garden FX  €1.1837
FAIRFX  €1.1680
John Lewis  €1.1743
M&S  €1.1570
Post Office  €1.1553
Sainsburys  €1.1674
TESCO  €1.1698
Travelex  €1.1700
Updated: 06:30 22/01/2022

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now



X