Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Nov 21, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Would you have a recovery email ? We are in a similar position and recovered from covid last month but I have nothing on the NHS app or any email to say I have 'recovered', it does say I tested positive on date ... and my isolation ends on ... but is that enough ?

I have asked the doctor to write a letter (which is classed as private work so will incur a charge) or if I cannot get one of those in time, I will book a test.

I think anything other than that might be taking a chance, people may get through on the NHS app or they may come across someone at check in who wants to see a 'covid recovery pass' or a negative test. Its difficult as the guidance says a signed letter from a doctor so not sure I would want to chance it with the stress that could lead to. I don't want to pay out for a letter or a test but will do it to not have the stress over me.
disney20042012 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jlbf06 View Post
A friend of mine flew to Texas this week with BA. No letter, just the nhs proof of recovery.

nhs proof of recovery

Do you know what that looks like, I can't see anything on the app or emails to say I have recovered.
disney20042012 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

So I’ve just been on the phone to Virgin holidays. They are quite vague and say they do not like to give advice about showing evidence / testing.
However she did say.. if it was me then she would show proof via a covid pass and also get a signed letter from the doctor ie fit to fly letter.
I’m going to call my surgery tomorrow and ask them.

Louise
Jack&LucysMumy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jack&LucysMumy View Post
So I’ve just been on the phone to Virgin holidays. They are quite vague and say they do not like to give advice about showing evidence / testing.
However she did say.. if it was me then she would show proof via a covid pass and also get a signed letter from the doctor ie fit to fly letter.
I’m going to call my surgery tomorrow and ask them.
Yes that's what I found, BA were the same nobody would commit to an answer as they won't want to be responsible for wrong advice. I'm reluctantly going to pay for a letter (if I can get one) or a test 2 days before we go, its annoying but is a condition of flying that I agreed to when I booked. I suppose it is to say you are fit to fly and don't have any complications left from having covid.

Hope you get your letter asap.
Old 21 Nov 21, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

DH has just found a bar code on the NHS app and it says 'recovered from Covid', be interesting to see if this is sufficient.
Old 21 Nov 21, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

Yes it’s a little frustrating but I guess if we have the covid pass, a doctors letter we have covered all bases

Louise
Jack&LucysMumy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jack&LucysMumy View Post
Yes it’s a little frustrating but I guess if we have the covid pass, a doctors letter we have covered all bases
I just tried to add the documents to Verifly but it would only take my vaccine barcode, it wouldn't accept the 'recovered from Covid' barcode and I can't see anywhere to upload a letter or any other document so I think printing all documents to show hard copies seems the only way unless anyone else has any ideas

I was going to say I will update with my experience but I just noticed you are flying before me hope I can learn from you !

Edited at 08:45 PM.
Old 22 Nov 21, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabrown68
VIP Dibber

I had Covid 4 weeks ago and am travelling in December. I’m just going to pay for the LFT like the rest of my family. I just can’t seem to find an easy answer to the proof of recovery (even though I’ve got proof of recovery on my NHS app!)
IDrive 91, Enclave Suites 07, Southern Dunes 09, Quality Inn Plaza, Hard Rock Hotel, Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel (St Petes), Orlando Metropolitan Express & Buena Vista Palace Hotel 10!, The Florida Hotel 11, Hampton Lakes 12, Bridgewater Crossing 12, Vegas/LA 13, Tall Grass Villa 13, The Florida Hotel 13, Bridgewater Crossing 15, Terrace Ridge 16, West Haven 17,18,July 19, Dec 19 & Dec 21, West Haven & Cabana Bay 22
emmabrown68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Originally Posted by emmabrown68 View Post
I had Covid 4 weeks ago and am travelling in December. I’m just going to pay for the LFT like the rest of my family. I just can’t seem to find an easy answer to the proof of recovery (even though I’ve got proof of recovery on my NHS app!)
Yes agreed, I am going to give the doctor's one last try this week, then it is plan B and pay for the tests.
Old 22 Nov 21, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

Same here, had covid in October, got ‘recovered’ on app, not worth the stress! Booked tests for whole party yesterday.
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List