Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Nov 21, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jack&LucysMumy View Post
Well if they don’t think the nhs covid pass / app is sufficient then I guess all 4 of us would need testing.
We are staying over at an airport hotel the night before so we are thinking of popping in that evening and asking the questions. If necessary book a test there and then if needed
If you can arrive in the afternoon of the day before I would do that, is the testing centre easy to get to or will it involve a taxi or parking costs, and is it a walk in centre or do you have to book

Whch airport are you flying from

Edited at 08:58 PM.
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by disney20042012 View Post
If you can arrive in the afternoon of the day before I would do that, is the testing centre easy to get to or will it involve a taxi or parking costs, and is it a walk in centre or do you have to book

Whch airport are you flying from
We are flying from Manchester airport and will be in an airport hotel the night before. We will have our car as we’re leaving it there so we can go to a walk in or drive through if necessary. My Parents are going a few days before us and have paid for tests in Manchester Airport itself so I think I have a few last minute options. They are also going to ask the staff whilst they are there what we need to take.

Louise
Jack&LucysMumy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 12:59 AM  
Link to this Post
anita1963
Imagineer

Just to say ..it changed from health care professional to health care provider on either the 9th or 10th November..hence why BA allowed us to board the grandchildren with the 2 emails ..the NHS is the largest health care provider
cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...travelers.html

Edited at 01:03 AM.
anita1963 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

We are flying from Manchester airport and will be in an airport hotel the night before. We will have our car as we’re leaving it there so we can go to a walk in or drive through if necessary. My Parents are going a few days before us and have paid for tests in Manchester Airport itself so I think I have a few last minute options. They are also going to ask the staff whilst they are there what we need to take.
Sounds like a plan has come together
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Originally Posted by anita1963 View Post
Just to say ..it changed from health care professional to health care provider on either the 9th or 10th November..hence why BA allowed us to board the grandchildren with the 2 emails ..the NHS is the largest health care provider
cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...travelers.html
Good news there then.

I picked up the doctor's letter today so hopefully all bases covered now !
Old 25 Nov 21, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by disney20042012 View Post
Good news there then.

I picked up the doctor's letter today so hopefully all bases covered now !
Yay that’s really good. What does the letter look like?
I picked up some documents from the doctors today but it’s not signed it just says when we tested positive so not sure it’s good enough. They refused to write me a letter.

Louise
Jack&LucysMumy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabrown68
VIP Dibber

I've given in and booked a test. I'm just not sure what to do about the return to UK test on day 2. Do I just not book one? Do I not need a code to get back in the country?! God, this is stressful
IDrive 91, Enclave Suites 07, Southern Dunes 09, Quality Inn Plaza, Hard Rock Hotel, Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel (St Petes), Orlando Metropolitan Express & Buena Vista Palace Hotel 10!, The Florida Hotel 11, Hampton Lakes 12, Bridgewater Crossing 12, Vegas/LA 13, Tall Grass Villa 13, The Florida Hotel 13, Bridgewater Crossing 15, Terrace Ridge 16, West Haven 17,18,July 19, Dec 19 & Dec 21, West Haven & Cabana Bay 22
emmabrown68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by emmabrown68 View Post
I've given in and booked a test. I'm just not sure what to do about the return to UK test on day 2. Do I just not book one? Do I not need a code to get back in the country?! God, this is stressful
You can't use proof of recovery for day 2 anyway, so you would have to book this regardless.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabrown68
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
You can't use proof of recovery for day 2 anyway, so you would have to book this regardless.
Ah thank you for telling me that! I wasn't aware. I've been too busy stressing about getting into the USA, not even looked into getting back home
IDrive 91, Enclave Suites 07, Southern Dunes 09, Quality Inn Plaza, Hard Rock Hotel, Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel (St Petes), Orlando Metropolitan Express & Buena Vista Palace Hotel 10!, The Florida Hotel 11, Hampton Lakes 12, Bridgewater Crossing 12, Vegas/LA 13, Tall Grass Villa 13, The Florida Hotel 13, Bridgewater Crossing 15, Terrace Ridge 16, West Haven 17,18,July 19, Dec 19 & Dec 21, West Haven & Cabana Bay 22
emmabrown68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Yay that’s really good. What does the letter look like?
I picked up some documents from the doctors today but it’s not signed it just says when we tested positive so not sure it’s good enough. They refused to write me a letter.
The letter says:

I understand from Mrs XXX that she is wishing to travel to the USA and that it is a requirement of her entry to the country that she produce evidence of a recent Covid infection and subsequent recovery from it. I am Mrs XXX General Practitioner (Family Physician) and confirm that she tested positive for Covid 19 on the 6th of October this year. I am unable to produce documentary evidence of this as the results are sent electronically by Public Health England. Unfortunately therefore there is no separate document that I can produce to prove it. After this, Mrs XXX has completed the necessary period of isolation and has happily recovered from her Covid symptoms. Therefore I have no problem in stating that she is fit to travel and that this document should be regarded as both evidence of a positive test result and recovery, and therefore should suffice as ‘documentation of recovery’.
It should also be noted that Mrs XXX has completed Covid 19 vaccination in that she received doses of AstraZeneca Covid 19 vaccine on the 20th March and the 6th June this year.
I hope this provides the documentation required for this lady to enter the United States.

It has been signed, dated, stamped with the surgery address and phone number and has been written on surgery/NHS headed paper.