Notices

Old 24 Nov 21, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Andy C
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lisa12000___ View Post
I do agree mainly that we may have a bit of confirmation bias going on here where people concerns about heart issues have been amplified by these cases and they assume it confirms their fears. I know for me the cases of Erickson and recently Aguero set my radar off even though it wasn’t even confirmed Aguero had had the vaccine

Thank you for the link to the CRY charity Colette thars very useful
And it turned out Eriksen hadn't had the vaccine yet (despite antivax twitter claiming he had)
Andy C is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Andy C View Post
And it turned out Eriksen hadn't had the vaccine yet (despite antivax twitter claiming he had)
That’s very interesting as I assumed he had - thanks Andy
lisa12000___ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Totally agree- Terry Yorath’s son Daniel (Gabby Yorath’s / Logan’s brother) was a promising young footballer and unfortunately didn’t make it- and I guarantee he hadn’t had the coronavirus vaccine. Neither did Fabrice Muamba.
Why it’s reported more now is the most high profile case of Eriksen which has raised both public and press interest. So you’ll see more in 2021 than ever before simply because they are now being reported on more, including on Wikipedia etc.
The lack of defibrillators at schools and sports fields is shocking too. They are relatively inexpensive compared to other equipment and the BHF can sometimes help with subsidised equipment. Personally I’d like it to be law that they were available in such settings
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

I agree this thread is really helpful and helps anyone that is vaccine hesitant - whether it's first dose, booster or for kids. Thank you for taking the time. I've clicked a couple of the links to read the bits I'm nervous around.

Not everyone who is hesitant is anti-vaccine but that's the familiar reaction on here. Some of us have genuine questions, concerns or are plain scared. BTW I'm double jabbed (why I feel the need to justify my post I'm not sure) but I fell in to the scared category when my time came. There was little or no reassurance, even from my GP, it was just everyone saying stop worrying you need to do it for others.

A little understanding and empathy goes a long way.

My teens are still not vaccinated. Only about 2 of their friends are. I'm swaying towards having another conversation about it and posts like this really help.

Thank you, truly.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Thanks Andy. #3 is what I hear most often, and it truly does grate. "Ah, but you can still catch it and pass it on" is just about the lowest IQ statement people can make, because it's missing so much ulterior content.

You are less likely to catch it in the first place! The vaccines work, they help stop the spread. What seems to be spreading worse is incredibly uneducated pontifications.

Edited at 02:13 PM.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Do5-BaG
slightly serious Dibber

Andy C, hats off to you with this, even though I can fully understand how painful it is, and is some cases barmy, that you and others feel the need to have spell the basics out to people. But even if this helps put one persons mind at ease then mission accomplished.

Now though, I think I'll sit back and watch, no doubt the loony brigade will be out soon enough to get you.
Old 24 Nov 21, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Unfortunately, my mum has fallen for this and believes everything, even the vaccine "shedding", magnetism, 99% graphene oxide, microchips and Mark of the Beast - not forgetting that there are aborted fetal cells in it. Plus all the 5G, great reset, World Economic Forum and Bill Gates theories. She even thinks that all the unvaccinated are going to be rounded up and put in internment camps, so was asking me about burner phones in case she has to go on the run

It's really hard for us as her family, especially after losing my dad (her ex husband) to Covid last year. She has underlying lung conditions too, and if she catches it and ends up in hospital she's said she won't take any medication that's been developed to treat Covid. It's a huge worry for us, but she's a grown woman who has made her decisions, even though they're misguided. She won't listen or read anything now that goes against what she believes as it's so ingrained. All we can do is happen and prey that she's one of the lucky ones who seem to have some sort of pre-existing immunity.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019

Edited at 02:33 PM.
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Thank you Andy C
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

Such a great post. We need more things like this in the main stream media, breaking down the myths with specific answers to all these things like you have done. There are a % of people like loves2plan's mum sadly who believe what they first read and are just too stubborn (not sure if that's the most appropriate word really) to consider they may have been duped. Some people genuinely just have concerns and need it breaking down like in this post to reassure them but some are sadly not interested in even listening.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Harry
Imagineer

Harry's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I know of 2 on going investigations regarding clotting... both cases were within a few days of having their 2nd jab... one my old boss had a cardiac and died on the spot.. 2nd was a good friend of mine who had a clot in his neck... caused untold strokes that on a normal individual (probably the fittest 48 year old i know... footballs twice a week, black belt karate runs marathons) would have finished him off... he is an absolute shell of the person he was... he was kept alive as his wife is an A&E nurse who kept him stable until the ambulance arrived. This as you can imagine rocked our friendship group and unfortunately put a lot of people on the back foot regarding either getting 1st or 2nd jab... I'm not anti vaccine... I've had my 2 and booked into having the booster... I've also had covid since having the 2nd jab... like the vast majority of people/family I know have... it's more a case for me of wanting to get things moving in getting back to normality the reason why I got jabbed. Maybe I've just been extremely lucky... I know shed loads of people that have caught Covid I know of no one that has a. been hospitalised or b. died. That's pre and post vaccines. I am not going to shout that the cause of these two horrendous situations were caused by the vaccine... the enquiries will determine that... but for us it was not social media or missinformation but actual events... now whether they were both coincidences we will find out in the not too distant future.

Oh and Andy a great put together post... shame the Gov' could not have you at the helm regarding getting the students jabbed rather than the good old threats they dished out at the time...

"... he is moving like a TREMENDOUS machine... "

Edited at 02:56 PM.
Harry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List