Notices

Old 24 Nov 21, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
Thanks Andy. #3 is what I hear most often, and it truly does grate. "Ah, but you can still catch it and pass it on" is just about the lowest IQ statement people can make, because it's missing so much ulterior content.

You are less likely to catch it in the first place! The vaccines work, they help stop the spread. What seems to be spreading worse is incredibly uneducated pontifications.
Great empathy and understanding on display here ☹️

This is demonstrates my point that others assume either people are too stupid or anti-vaccine rather than they not had the right information, in the right way for them to reach the same conclusion and as quickly as you.

Edited at 03:03 PM.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Nanna Frozen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
Thanks Andy. #3 is what I hear most often, and it truly does grate. "Ah, but you can still catch it and pass it on" is just about the lowest IQ statement people can make, because it's missing so much ulterior content.

You are less likely to catch it in the first place! The vaccines work, they help stop the spread. What seems to be spreading worse is incredibly uneducated pontifications.
I agree, I’ve lost count of how many times I have posted similar.
And no I’m not being unsympathetic, I’m just sick of being expected to be patient , accept a number of avoidable deaths, stress on the NHS and the constant threat on the restrictions for all of us while these ill informed beliefs continue to be spouted.
Nanna Frozen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Andy C
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
Great empathy and understanding on display here ☹️

This is demonstrates my point that others assume either people are too stupid or anti-vaccine rather than they not had the right information, in the right way for them to reach the same conclusion and as quickly as you.
People are getting frustrated.

We do need empathy - in both directions. The long weariness about this slow disaster and the fear and stress get to us all - and a lot of people are seeing the hesitation and seeing that if that was overcome, we'd all be pretty much past this.

I do get it, honestly. We're all adrift in a world that's full of contradictory messages and information mixed with misinformation and disinformation. It's why I'm so angry with the deliberate misinformation merchants I mention so often - they cause greater fear and stress and hesitation and, eventually, suffering and death.

If you want, feel free to PM me directly on anything about the vaccines you are most concerned. I'm not an immunologist or vaccinologist, but I do know people who are (one fellow councillor regularly has dinner with a senior person at the Jenner Institute, for example), and I have no compunction in asking the questions myself.
Andy C is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Regarding the actual covid vaccine. What is the actual make up of the vaccines. What Is the bulk of the liquid and how is the actual virus harvested. Are there any chemicals used to prolong its use or help distribute the virus into the body once injected are there other active ingredients or is it just water and virus.
Fascinated to know and unfortunately didn’t get the option to read the vial it came in.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
Regarding the actual covid vaccine. What is the actual make up of the vaccines. What Is the bulk of the liquid and how is the actual virus harvested. Are there any chemicals used to prolong its use or help distribute the virus into the body once injected are there other active ingredients or is it just water and virus.
Fascinated to know and unfortunately didn’t get the option to read the vial it came in.
Did you not get a leaflet at the time of your vaccinations?
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

Click on link;
Old 24 Nov 21, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenLime
Excited about Disney

The SPC (summary of product characteristics) document lists all the active ingredients and the excipients (inert ingredients used as stabilizers, dilutents etc)

gov.uk/government/public...pfizerbiontech

ema.europa.eu/en/documen...rmation_en.pdf
HelenLime is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andy C View Post
What about blood clots and myocarditis?
Myocarditis seems quite a complicated topic.

The latest Pfizer update, page 33, may be of interest relating to vaccinating younger males.

American Heart Association journal may also be worth a look.

ahajournals/doi/10.1... suppl_1.10712
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Nanna Frozen
Imagineer

I’ve no doubt Myocarditis is a real concern as a side affect, just wonder how common it actually is? ( genuinely interested, not belittling it in any way)
Nanna Frozen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andy C View Post
The mRNA vaccines aren’t technically vaccines but “gene therapies” and can change your DNA

Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List