VIP Dibber

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I suspect now having read more itís almost certain to be here already.
Totally agree, I just can't see how it isn't here already given travel etc, goodness knows what people are bringing in.

However until the government/PHE tell us otherwise I'd like to think our current vaccines/boosters will prevent serious illness.

Edited at 09:38 AM.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
Same here... 3 months remote working? Yes please.
And absolutely guaranteed never to be locked down. Bliss. Our only problem is the kids and schooling.
Old 26 Nov 21, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
Same here... 3 months remote working? Yes please.
I could think of no better place than to spend the winter

Thankfully work has plans in place for this eventuality and I could simply carry on working, albeit it in a different time zone.

Not sure my colleagues would be too impressed of a teams meeting with me by the pool
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Chilli-pepper View Post
I could think of no better place than to spend the winter

Thankfully work has plans in place for this eventuality and I could simply carry on working, albeit it in a different time zone.

Not sure my colleagues would be too impressed of a teams meeting with me by the pool
One of my colleagues went out to his house in South Africa last winter, and we were actually pleased to see him in Teams by the pool- many comments of lucky so and so etc to him as he looked smug.
Old 26 Nov 21, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
Imagineer

I'm sure you guys are joking about staying in Florida but please be careful. A neighbour of ours in LB got stuck out there during first lockdown and has just been refused entry back into Florida. She actually got there and was turned back at MCO. She now needs to visit the Embassy in London or Belfast and as we have seen in other threads getting an appointment is easier said than done.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
MickeyYay
Imagineer

Ah just in time for a festive lockdown.
MickeyYay is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MickeyYay View Post
Ah just in time for a festive lockdown.
Nope not happening. I'm too old to lose another Christmas.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Hurricane86
Trading Disney Pins

I find it surprising that such a supposedly infectious variant has been circulating in SA for weeks and has not yet been found in the UK, a country renowned for its sequencing, despite weeks of restriction-free travel between the two countries.

I found the following Tweet from Muge Cevik, infectious disease researcher and NERVTAG member, quite interesting.

Personally I reserve judgement on whether this will prove worth getting worked up about or not.

Muge Cevik: ďIf itís more transmissible than delta it must be already here in my view, if itís not yet detected maybe itís not as transmissible as feared so this blip in cases in SA may be related behavioural factors (tonnote only 24% vaxxed in SA), which also happened with Beta.Ē

Edited at 10:37 AM.
Hurricane86 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hurricane86 View Post
I find it surprising that such a supposedly infectious variant has been circulating in SA for weeks and has not yet been found in the UK, a country renowned for its sequencing, despite weeks of restriction-free travel between the two countries.

I found the following Tweet from Muge Cevik, infectious disease researcher and NERVTAG member, quite interesting.

Personally I reserve judgement on whether this will prove worth getting worked up about or not.
I'll sit on the reserve bench with you if that OK.
Old 26 Nov 21, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Nope not happening. I'm too old to lose another Christmas.
Yep, I think most people will stick two fingers up this year
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List