Notices

Old 27 Nov 21, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Masks compulsory in shops and transportation

Well I cant seem to find a thread dedicated to the latest news so thought I would start one. Apologies if already discussed elsewhere.

So the PM has announced masks will become compulsory in shops and on public transportation in the coming days.

I was in the Metro Centre today and I was one of only a handful of people wearing a mask. If I had to hazard a guess only 5 to 10% uptake.

I welcome the news. If it can help even a little stop the spread of the new variant or Covid in general then mask wearing, especially in packed shopping centres or on full trains and buses can only be a good thing.

Canít it?
Old 28 Nov 21, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Nanna Frozen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by levtweeney View Post
Well I cant seem to find a thread dedicated to the latest news so thought I would start one. Apologies if already discussed elsewhere.

So the PM has announced masks will become compulsory in shops and on public transportation in the coming days.

I was in the Metro Centre today and I was one of only a handful of people wearing a mask. If I had to hazard a guess only 5 to 10% uptake.

I welcome the news. If it can help even a little stop the spread of the new variant or Covid in general then mask wearing, especially in packed shopping centres or on full trains and buses can only be a good thing.

Canít it?
Totes agree. Iíve noticed a lot less mask wearing up here Lev, people look at you like youíve got two heads if youíre wearing a mask!
Not gonna stop me though! It will be interesting to see how many start wearing them again on Monday though.
Nanna Frozen is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

No, I don't nor does dh as it will mean I won't be going shopping again leaving poor dh to do the shopping for both food and presents. If we are allowed Christmas (we had ours cancelled at 5pm on the 20th December last year) dread
to think what we and our guests will end up eating with him doing the shopping as it was very hit and miss from last year to this July when it became personal choice as to whether your wore a mask or not.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

I personally donít think it will make much difference in shops, in particular supermarkets as I rarely get within 2 metres of anyone. It will make a difference at the Christmas markets, Nottinghamís was rammed last weekend, but theyíre outside so it wonít be enforced.

The place Iím surprised hasnít been mentioned is large scale events, like indoor concerts/sports/theatres and outdoor like football (especially concourses.)

Itíll be interesting to see what the school do about the Christmas shows, Iím expecting us to be asked to wear masks in order to attend. While it could be scary for 3-7 year olds, I suspect theyíve all got used to seeing them now.
2023 - Here we come!
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bolto6 View Post
I personally donít think it will make much difference in shops, in particular supermarkets as I rarely get within 2 metres of anyone. It will make a difference at the Christmas markets, Nottinghamís was rammed last weekend, but theyíre outside so it wonít be enforced.

The place Iím surprised hasnít been mentioned is large scale events, like indoor concerts/sports/theatres and outdoor like football (especially concourses.)

Itíll be interesting to see what the school do about the Christmas shows, Iím expecting us to be asked to wear masks in order to attend. While it could be scary for 3-7 year olds, I suspect theyíve all got used to seeing them now.
I would have happily worn a mask to ours, sadly they decided about a month ago to not allow parents into the xmas performance.
lovemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

We've never stopped with the masks here... let's hope yer man Boris practices what he preaches this time.😳
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Living in Wales weíre still wearing masks in shops and on public transport, and I also wear mine when we shop in England. If it helps slow down or prevent the spread, then itís a small price to pay and I will continue to wear my mask. My DH and adult children all wear theirs too, including DD who is in university in England.

I really wish we could say itís safe to not wear masks or take precautions against Covid, but this new variant shows that we canít be complacent yet
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lovemickey View Post
I would have happily worn a mask to ours, sadly they decided about a month ago to not allow parents into the xmas performance.
We just did our ticket requests this week, max 2 tickets per child. Thereís 200 kids and theyíre doing 4 shows over 2 days so everyone gets to see.
2023 - Here we come!
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 12:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nanna Frozen View Post
Totes agree. Iíve noticed a lot less mask wearing up here Lev, people look at you like youíve got two heads if youíre wearing a mask!
Not gonna stop me though! It will be interesting to see how many start wearing them again on Monday though.
We never stopped with the masks, and I welcome the news, especially for areas where people haven't been following the guidelines.

Have to say, it's not been that bad here. I'd say about 80%ish with a recent uptick.

Only time DH and I took off our masks in an indoor public place was the cinema. So many people directly around us weren't bothering, we thought what was the point? They didn't give a fig about protecting us, so we didn't bother. That was the one exception. This is despite reminder posters all around Cineworld asking people to wear them.

Still wore them while walking to/from our seats though.

Edited at 12:47 AM.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Never stopped here, wonít bother me in the slightest.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List