Notices

Old 28 Nov 21, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I work in a big store, outlet store so we are busy today with black Friday and Xmas shoppers, there's a noticeable difference in mask wearer's today to when I was in on Friday, then it was hardly any today I'd say well over half have them on
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Our Tesco yesterday had the announcements back on asking people to wear masks, they’ve been off for summer.

But the train today is rammed and I think most people are making a last dash out mask free 😂
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Apprentice Imagineer

I was in England at Halloween half term. In Ireland we have never dropped the mask mandates, so the lack of mask wearing in England did make me uncomfortable and was very odd to me.

I wore a double mask, a surgical mask and a reusable Disney Store mask at the airports, on the plane, on buses and on the trains. When I was out and about in England I wore a mask the whole time, both outdoors and in shops. My sister had plans to go to the cinema but I told her I wasn't comfortable, as there are no mask mandates and no vaccine cert requirement so we cancelled that. The same with indoor dining, I didn't feel comfortable eating in restaurants in England.

Peoples behavior and attitudes need to change, just because it is not required does not mean people should just stop wearing a mask.

And the same way, just because large gatherings are allowed, does not mean that everyone should just go to them.

Only just doing the minimum just because thats all thats legally required is not taking personal responsibility to keep yourself safe.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
Joker in the pack

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Will not make any difference just take one person to spread it.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Unless you have to wear them everywhere what’s the point🤔
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi
A Guest at All-Stars

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
And the same way, just because large gatherings are allowed, does not mean that everyone should just go to them.

Only just doing the minimum just because thats all thats legally required is not taking personal responsibility to keep yourself safe.
But then surely one could argue that just because you're allowed to fly to the US for a holiday doesn't mean you should.
Jedi is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

theguardian/world/20...id-study-finds

Masks make a difference.

"Results from more than 30 studies from around the world were analysed in detail, showing a statistically significant 53% reduction in the incidence of Covid with mask wearing and a 25% reduction with physical distancing."

Edited at 03:02 PM.
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
I was in England at Halloween half term. In Ireland we have never dropped the mask mandates, so the lack of mask wearing in England did make me uncomfortable and was very odd to me.

I wore a double mask, a surgical mask and a reusable Disney Store mask at the airports, on the plane, on buses and on the trains. When I was out and about in England I wore a mask the whole time, both outdoors and in shops. My sister had plans to go to the cinema but I told her I wasn't comfortable, as there are no mask mandates and no vaccine cert requirement so we cancelled that. The same with indoor dining, I didn't feel comfortable eating in restaurants in England.

Peoples behavior and attitudes need to change, just because it is not required does not mean people should just stop wearing a mask.

This, this, and thrice, this... My bold emphasis.
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
I work in a big store, outlet store so we are busy today with black Friday and Xmas shoppers, there's a noticeable difference in mask wearer's today to when I was in on Friday, then it was hardly any today I'd say well over half have them on
I was pleasantly surprised in Tesco today in my area. I'd say it's gone up to about 98% from around 80%. People without really stood out.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by florida girl View Post
Unless you have to wear them everywhere what’s the point🤔
Personally I see a point. I am in England, and although no longer mandatory I have continued to wear a mask, when shopping, and when going out. I am currently very much in the minority.

Many people have no choice when it comes to shopping and public transport. We all (if not working) have a choice when it comes to social settings.

Therefore for me, who has extremely vulnerable people to consider, reintroducing masks in shops and on public transport is beneficial, it allows me to continue usual household duties and go to work with a little more protection.
I can chose not to frequent busy places where many will not be wearing masks.

So personally I welcome the news, will masks stop the new variants? No, but by being careful myself I can hopefully buy myself, and the vulnerable I am responsible for, the time the experts said was needed for the scientists to study the mutations and if necessary adapt treatments and vaccines.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List