Notices

Old 28 Nov 21, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
JSP
Imagineer

The new guidance re mask wearing will make no difference to me, I never stopped wearing them. Iím pleased that they will be encouraged again
Old 28 Nov 21, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

My train to Mordor of a morning over the past few weeks has me and the guards masked up... No one else 😔 (at this point, might I add, I am perfectly capable of doing my job from home, but a "post-Covid" (yeah, it's over, apparently) narrative by the upper management, and a middle management pi**ing contest of "I've got all my guys in a few days a week, unlike your work-shy fops" is driving our workplace figures through the roof (so much that they don't report then on the daily dashboard anymore, I can only think out of embarrassment). Pretty damning indictment of my fellows in my eyes.)

A colleague, who regularly wears his in his area of work has been told (jokingly and not so) to "get that effing mask off" by his fellows.

Edited at 03:39 PM.
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
I was pleasantly surprised in Tesco today in my area. I'd say it's gone up to about 98% from around 80%. People without really stood out.
Due to new rules back to visiting several stores today to stock up for as long as possible as dh is dreadful at shopping. Found yesterday announcement had made no difference to numbers wearing masks - most were not bothering with them. Will be making last dash to town tomorrow. Poor ds is now going to be getting in food for Christmas Day for all of us as do not trust dh at all trying to get Christmas Day shopping. Would have had kitchen and utility room revamped and additional fridge and freezer so could have probably done it myself if builders had not made such a mess of building the house which has seen us have to leave it for hotel stays twice and not enough time to get the work done.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by levtweeney View Post
You can wear a mask at the football if you want to though. It is your choice to wear a mask at either place at the moment.

Just been to Tescoís again this morning and customer mask wearing numbers definitely improving today. I would say 60/40 in favour of masks. Very few staff wearing them, probably 20/80 in favour of wearing some face covering.
I was pleasantly surprised in Tesco today in my area. I'd say it's gone up to about 98% from around 80%. People without really stood out.
I havenít been to any shops in a few days but we went to Milton Keynes theatre on Friday night. Since the summer theyíve had a Ďmasks encouragedí policy and having been six times since then, Iíve seen the number of masks drop off a lot over the past few months.

We were there last Friday when I saw only a handful of masks, and a week later (Friday just gone) I would say those wearing masks in the foyer and when moving to their seats etc was at well over 50%. And it was all ages too, from teenagers to older adults.

Having been exactly a week apart, the difference was noticeable and I can only conclude it was definitely the news about the new variant on Friday having people worried. This was obviously before yesterdayís announcement about masks being required in shops so people were putting them back on off their own back.

I wonder if the concern over the new variant will actually mean more people are wearing masks even when they donít have to. Obviously not everyone will comply with regulations but there definitely seems to be a proportion of society that are happy to take precautions for themselves, their families and the greater good. This could benefit the government if they donít have to be seen as Ďheavy handedí by telling us to wear masks everywhere but the spread is still reduced or slowed through people taking their own actions.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Harry
Imagineer

Harry's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by IndianaMac View Post
theguardian/world/20...id-study-finds

Masks make a difference.

"Results from more than 30 studies from around the world were analysed in detail, showing a statistically significant 53% reduction in the incidence of Covid with mask wearing and a 25% reduction with physical distancing."

If you wear a mask correctly... otherwise... token-covid circus gesture...

If serious give UK Public proper ventilator masks... blue mask wearing is a token gesture

Oh and that's obviously in ALL scenarios ... you know... not just the mask up travelling on a bus but WHIP IT OFF in the nags head... on par with the substantial meal with a pint covid rules... pointless

"... he is moving like a TREMENDOUS machine... "

Edited at 04:37 PM.
Harry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
Imagineer

I've just ordered some more of the proper masks from Boots. If I have to wear one I'm protecting me too.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsnapper
Imagineer

So many smug people on here.
Old 28 Nov 21, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I've just ordered some more of the proper masks from Boots. If I have to wear one I'm protecting me too.
Is that the FP3 ones? I got those from Boots, but haven't tried them yet as they were specifically for our flights (which got cancelled). Might give them a go in the cinema next time.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
Only just doing the minimum just because thats all thats legally required is not taking personal responsibility to keep yourself safe.
Iíve had all my jabs to keep myself safe.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
Imagineer

Is that the FP3 ones? I got those from Boots, but haven't tried them yet as they were specifically for our flights (which got cancelled). Might give them a go in the cinema next time.
Yes I already have an unopened box because I haven't felt the need for them although I do still wear a mask when I go shopping I live in an area where most people wear them so you don't feel vulnerable. For medical appointments everyone seems to manage to wear them somehow.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List