Notices

Old 30 Nov 21, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

They can recommend until the cows come home, but it's up to individual governments what people do. Seems a bit premature, since we're told that scientists won't have full information about it for another couple of weeks.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
For crying out loud !

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenLime
Excited about Disney

My parents in-law are already abroad. I shouldn’t think they’ll be rushing to fly home..,
HelenLime is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

What is the rationale behind this? Most just over 60 year olds will probably still be working and as likely to catch Covid at work or shopping or “living their life” in the U.K as they are anywhere else.
Old 30 Nov 21, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
VIP Dibber

It says should be advised. Those two words indicate to me that it can be taken with a pinch of salt
93 94 03 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We are off to Spain this week for a few days. I'm 51 and in the clinically vulnerable group and dh52 has just finished chemo and will be having a major op christmas time, we are insured with staysure, just changed tests to pcr and we are all ready to go 🤞
Old 30 Nov 21, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
VIP Dibber

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
The way I'm reading it (they also mention those with an increased risk of serious illness) is if you're at increased risk either age or health, if you fell ill abroad and needed medical care, would that care be there if beds are full with a country's own citizens in hospital.
It makes me nervous why they are suddenly saying this but are they assuming this variant is so highly transmissible large numbers of (unvaccinated?) People may require hospital care?
Hopefully its just an overabundance of caution.
Either way as I've said all along its up to each individual to do their own risk assessment and do what's right for them.
My 84 yo aunt has just done this and flew out to New York yesterday, her first ever trip out the UK
Clare is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Clare View Post
The way I'm reading it (they also mention those with an increased risk of serious illness) is if you're at increased risk either age or health, if you fell ill abroad and needed medical care, would that care be there if beds are full with a country's own citizens in hospital.
It makes me nervous why they are suddenly saying this but are they assuming this variant is so highly transmissible large numbers of (unvaccinated?) People may require hospital care?
Either way as I've said all along its up to each individual to do their own risk assessment and do what's right for them.
My 84 yo aunt has just done this and flew out to New York yesterday, her first ever trip out the UK
Oh wow! Hope she’s having the time of her life 😊
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

My mum 72 and stepdad 82 who live with us are currently in Barbados, I will send them a text that they have got to stay there, it will save me a fortune on my gas bill as they like heating on at max heat ... every cloud...
Old 30 Nov 21, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Clare View Post

Good on her, hope she's having a great time 😊