Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Nov 21, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
jockdog
Helping Minnie

Expresstest LHR T3

Hi all,

At WDW now and having a great time. Right up to the point where the government announced the new entry requirements. So now need to book PCRs for our return. Don’t want to do a home test as it will take too long to get the results, so was thinking of using the Expresstest at LHR T3. Has anyone used this location? The reason for choosing this site is that we don’t have a car, and I assume we can walk to this one. I was thinking of booking a slot 2 hours after scheduled landing to give enough time for immigration, does this sound about right?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
jockdog is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sizzle
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 11
We are due to fly to NY tomorrow. We used the one at T3 today for our LFT fit to fly, appointment was at 5.30. We got to the front of the queue after an hour, no social distancing and no enforcing of wearing masks, to be told our booking would have to be added manually as their system was down for those with older bookings. Took another 15 minutes to process. I also had to remind him to check my passport. Test was fine but now 3 hours later still no result. We have had to lodge a missing result. To me it seemed unorganised. When we came out we both turned to one another and said if we get our results it would be a miracle. I am fully expecting to have to go back in the morning. I’m hoping this was a one off and the issues were because of the new rules coming in today.
Old 1 Dec 21, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

there has been talk of whether the rapid pcr tests are ok to use for the return test so i would double check and see if it is worth ordering kits to be at home for when you get back
Old 1 Dec 21, 04:29 AM  
Link to this Post
jockdog
Helping Minnie

Thanks both.

I admit that I’m having second thoughts. May just bite the bullet and order some home tests from Collinsons. We used their facility at LHR for our fit-to-fly and had no issues. May mean having to isolate for a couple of days while we await the results, but less stressful.
jockdog is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List