Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 3 Jan 18, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
antheve
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Of course, you could just buy the tickets from Theme Park Tickets Direct and get them at the cheaper price. In order to encourage lower prices, it's better to reward those that sell at the cheaper price rather than ignore them and reward those that advertise higher prices.

The Theme Park Tickets Direct website is owned by the same company as the Orlando Attraction Tickets website, which is an advertiser here on the DIBB. They are both part of US Rentacar which has been around for many years. (As US Rentacar doesn't sell holidays and isn't a travel agent, it can't be part of ABTA).

Also TPTD does a £10 deposit scheme.
If they are the same company it’s wrong that they are charging different prices on each site. If I had just bought from Orlando and found out the same company TPTD were selling them cheaper I wouldn’t be happy.
antheve is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 18, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by antheve View Post
If they are the same company it’s wrong that they are charging different prices on each site. If I had just bought from Orlando and found out the same company TPTD were selling them cheaper I wouldn’t be happy.
Definitely part of the same company, don't know why their prices are different though.
Old 3 Jan 18, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Perladal
Excited about Disney

Mobile

It's all so confusing 😨 My little brain is ticking from researching on this forum so I'm already thinking we could upgrade our universal tickets for $5 and return in 2019 so whateverbprice I pay I'm thinking in theory it pretty much covers tickets for 2 trips 😉
Perladal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 18, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Mobile

Agree, I get it if they will beat any price but why go to effort to get a company just to match what you can get already?

As said you should reward the company with the cheapest advertised prices.
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 18, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Perladal
Excited about Disney

Mobile

My concern was about using a reputable company - I agree why pay more for the same product
Perladal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 18, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Perladal View Post
My concern was about using a reputable company - I agree why pay more for the same product
To be fair all the companies in the yellow banner at the top of the page are reputable, as are americanattractions.co.uk, and themeparkticketsdirect.com, so just go with the cheapest.
Old 4 Jan 18, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
It's not wrong. Or, at least, not breaking any laws or rules or anything like that. It happens quite often.

For example, American Attractions are the same company as Attraction Tickets Direct (and Orlando Ticket Deals and one or two other websites). American Attractions sells a Disney ticket for £364 whilst ATD sells the same ticket for £389. Yet they are both the same company.

Were you happy buying from a company that sells tickets at different prices on different websites?

ETA: And it seems American Attractions will price match TPTD whereas ATD won't according to the OP, even though they are the same company. Bizarre, but there you go!

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 10:48 AM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 18, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
antheve
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Not breaking any laws but morally it’s wrong.
It’s like Tesco having two shops next door to each other with total different prices.
antheve is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 18, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I've always thought ATD were a bit of a rip off, there are plenty genuinely cheaper ticket companies who offer a deposit service if that's what you are looking for. Tickets are a huge cost, makes sense to get the most pocket friendly option.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 18, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Not breaking any laws but morally it’s wrong.
It’s like Tesco having two shops next door to each other with total different prices.
You wouldn’t have 2 next door to each other but prices can be different in 2 Tesco shops

As others have said, shop around and get the best deal you can for your holiday. If one place is too high, don’t use them. Can’t be simpler

I’ve used ATD in the past, but there’s no point in being loyal to any company like this