Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 29 Apr 18, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
bigshaz
booked again yippee

Aug 17 Cheeseballs, Chipmunks, Chunder and Chaps in Uniform - Day 19 Seaworld, USF and Hard Rock Caf

Aug 17 Cheeseballs, Chipmunks, Chunder and Chaps in Uniform - Day 19 Seaworld, USF and Hard Rock Cafe

Disney steps 17,598 6.73 miles

Seaworld today – the last part of the freebies that had come with the Discovery Cove upgrade. We arrived at opening time and decided to buy the photopass package – it seemed to take forever
and then they insisted we had a photo with the big shark
( yes it’s not a shark) but it took SOOOO long- and I was counting down the minutes of lost ride time and smiling through teeth. Eventually and we were off and speed mincing to Kraken. I was bag holding again for this one and found a nice shady wall to sit on. Steve and the girls headed through – no queues thank fully. They seemed to be forever – then a tannoy to say Kraken had some technical issues. It turns out “Technical issues” is a euphemism for someone puked up last time round and no-one wants to clean it up. Steve had great delight in telling me someone eventually turned up with a few cloths and then the covered the chair and sent the ride round empty – presumably to get centrifugal force to remove the stuck on bits to the inside of the cover – watch for flying vom folks!

Anyway they all enjoyed the ride eventually and had a fun packed morning;

Manta

Mako

Kraken again
Manta again

Mako twice

You can see Millie gets the hang of it quickest I’m glad to say they don’t cater for Pooh shaped people so I could just watch Steve greenness growing

At last it was time to grab them off the rides and head to lunch with Shamu. Not great planning by Seaworld as they make you line up and wait in an area with absolutely no shade – not good in Florida lunchtime heat. We were seated one row back,
its simple buffet food,
expect a mad rush for it as everyone gets in. The show is good, informative and shows how the trainers love the animals. A nice little treat.

Back into the afternoon sun and I was really looking forward to seeing the penguins, we stayed as long as we could bear the temperature. Millie was perturbed to have one poo into the face of the one following it as it passed by

I could have taken a coat and stayed all day they were lovely.

A quick drink stop:

We had an eclipse to watch – it wasn’t really a black out in any form, and it was cloudy, but just noteworthy.

Some Dunkin Dots to cool us down and a bit of fun in the sun

and then shark feeding.

We jumped on Journey to Atlantis –
I knew this was a log flume type but it wasn’t until we were sat on that Millie told me it was part roller coaster too. It was a great surprise.

Steve and Millie then ran off to do Mako again – Millie has become one rollercoaster junkie. Since coming home she has had a Merlin annual pass for her birthday and is at Alton Towers most weekends. She knows the height and speed of coasters from around the world but I am very glad to say one of her favourites is still riding Splash mountain with me.

Morgan and I made our way over to the Aquarium via a stall where we had the Seaworld equivalent of a Dolewhip.

We all met up and went through the aquarium which was brilliant
– lots to do and see. Again if there had been a bench I would have stayed for hours – obviously why there isn’t!

We headed towards the exit and found the manta rays which you could feed –
wonderful creatures but I think Steve ended up with all the food lol.

We stopped off by the shop on the way out so Millie could buy a Seaworld T-Shirt to match her Discovery cove one – On a practical note they have both been very good quality and wash well.

Back at HRH and Millie and I went to the shop in the hotel – Millie had been after a hoodie – she said anyone could get a Hard Rock Café jumper but not many would have the Hard Rock Hotel jumper – the man in the shop was very helpful 10/10 customer service and ended up giving Millie a free bag for her sunglasses ( which she had bought at Disney lol) I love it when the staff are great with the kids. So friendly.

We wandered over to Citywalk
and had decided on Hard Rock Café for tea. Bit of mixed reviews here – Millie loved it – the best meal of her holiday – what did she have? plain burger lol.

The waitress was the pushiest we had all holiday – in fact one of the if not the only pushy one. Can I explain the tip – No love I have already indicated which one I want to leave – I’m British not stupid! That said she was pretty rubbish to start but had redeemed herself by telling us the spiel about it being the biggest and having most memorabilia so it was easy for me to go after tea to find the pieces I wanted to.

Morgan and Steve left us to go and finish more spells at Diagon Alley, they had a great time and did the Hogwarts Express the other way so Morgan had managed to complete both trips.

And another shark ;

Millie and I did the sensible thing after tea and went on the Mummy! We do love it though.

Then Millie went on Rip Ride Rockit as a single rider before we headed home for our late night cheeseballs and bed.

Night night all, our last full day tomorrow – Kennedy Space Centre, and saying goodbye with fireworks at Magic Kingdom.

Index is Here
Feb 2011 All Stars Resort, Aug 2017 Port Orleans Riverside & HRH, Aug 2018 Port Orleans French Quarter, Aug 2019 Wilderness Lodge HRH & Contemporary, Feb 2020 Grand Floridian, Aug 2021 Disney Dream, Dec 21 Beach Club & Wilderness Lodge, Feb 22 Port Orleans Riverside, July 22 Port Orleans French Quarter, Feb 23 Staybright Suites Offsite (never again )
bigshaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Another lovely day, thank you for sharing.
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Ahh those balls are nearly at the end, the penguin poo photo is classic so funny and fantastic you captured it haha
Old 27 May 18, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great day

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 18, 12:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Skittl1321
Getting Excited

Mobile

Lovely day! (Yes I'm reading through your old report!)

I'm surprised there aren't benches in the Sea World aquarium. San Antonio has them and it's lovely to sit and let a toddler have a nap. Usually tons of people sitting on the floor too
Skittl1321 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

You got lots of rides done there at Seaworld. The cheeseballs are going down slowly too!
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List