Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Apr 19, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Perladal
Excited about Disney

Mobile Undecided!

Hi!

We've been to Orlando twice before and made tentative plans to return Oct 2020. Both times we've booked packages as liked booking early. Started getting quotes today and can't believe the prices - 2ad 2ch (both over 10 &#128563 £5400 for 2 weeks at Rosen Pointe + flights! Fly drive was not much cheaper. Add on tickets and spending money and it gets very expensive. What kind of prices could we expect booking separately? Would travel from any UK airport.

Thanks!
Perladal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
That seems very expensive even if over school holidays but most of the flights are not out yet. I booked last month for 3/10/19-18/10/19 (includes Scottish school holiday week) and ended up with fly drive for £750 each. This is the most I've ever paid with BA for Edinburgh-Gatwick(2 hr stop over)-MCO but couldn't book when the flights were first out due to medical reasons and did see fly drives for under £500 in December. We could have booked for cheaper if happy with 2 stops and even longer travelling day but DH didn't fancy indirect except via UK.

We booked our 4 bedroom townhouse direct with the owner (dibb member) at Encandata Resort and the cost are approx £1200 for 2 weeks including everything. A room at Rosen Pointe would be less than that based on this years prices so there are definitely savings to be made if you wait until all the flights are released and either do DIY or through BA or similar. If you can be flexible with the dates it can bring the flight prices down too as by flying out on a Thursday the saving paid for the extra nights accomodation/meal.

Edited at 12:52 PM.
Mel49 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Perladal
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks for reply. It's good to know we're likely to get it cheaper if we hold on for a while! Rosen Pointe was just an example booking - we stayed there on our first trip but wouldn't stay there again.
Perladal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
That’s silly money for that time of year IMO.

I’ve paid just over 3k for 2a 2c (12 and 10) for direct BA flights, 2 weeks at Rosen Shingle Creek, 3 nights at beach front hotel in Fort Lauderdale in late July/August. Booked through BA.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

In my opinion, that price is far too high.

With the ages of your children, have you considered a Villa. My 3 bed with a lovely private pool only came in at £87 per night 29 July to 09 August. That for me is about the going rate.

I would also be patient and wait until the scheduled airlines come into the market at around the 330 day mark for the return leg of your journey.. and then wait a couple more weeks beyond that.

If you cannot find decent flights at that point (and I would be surprised if you did not), then pick a city that you have always wanted to visit and do a multi flight with a couple of days in Boston, NY, DC or similar. That often saves me loads. Then there are indirects. Then there are BA fly drives if you time it right.

In October, I would be targeting £500pp for flights from London (possibly into Miami) and £1200 for accommodation. I would be extremely confident of achieving it.

Hope it helps... be patient.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

Ive paid 5800 that 10 night carribean beach resort with free dining and 4 nights in universal in 2 bed suite for 2 adults and 2 teens end September start of october
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Perladal
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks for the replies, really helpful! Orlando might be on the cards after all! I'm guilty of wanting it booked so I can start planning but need to be patient! Good to know I should be able to get flights and accommodation much cheaper. I had thought about a villa but like being near i drive and walking to restaurants.
Old 29 Apr 19, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandonewbie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Have you looked at Thomas Cook? You can get flights for 2 weeks end October/Nov 2020 from Manchester for £2300 at the minute.
orlandonewbie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 19, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandonewbie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

That’s classic economy so includes cases.
orlandonewbie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List