Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Jan 18, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Newbie2015
Getting Excited

Mobile 2015 magic bands

Hey everyone. We used our magic bands over Xmas and new year 2015/16 and we go again this June. Anyone know if they will still work?
Newbie2015 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 18, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Perladal
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I posted the same question a few weeks ago! Check MDE app, it will tell you if bands are still active. Bands should still be fine for park entry, fast passes and photos nut not videos, e.g. from 7 DMT
Perladal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 18, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
toonmadlad
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Perladal View Post
I posted the same question a few weeks ago! Check MDE app, it will tell you if bands are still active. Bands should still be fine for park entry, fast passes and photos nut not videos, e.g. from 7 DMT
Mine say they are active but are over 2 years old, is there anyway of testing the battery life?
Old 14 Jan 18, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Felstead141
VIP Dibber

Felstead141's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I was thinking the same about my bands. But I decided to buy new ones off eBay. They’re great got to pick my colours and got them shipped over within te week.
Felstead141 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 18, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
cartwheel
Proud to wear my Ears

I used my August 2015 bands last August and they were fine. I asked someone at Disney and they said batteries should be good for at least 3 years..
cartwheel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 18, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Newbie2015
Getting Excited

Great. Can I ask which seller u used pls.
Newbie2015 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 18, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post

In theory a Magic Band will work forever as long as it is shown as active on your MDE account. It works precisely the same way the chip does in your passport. When placed on a reader it "powers up the chip" in the same way an electric toothbrush charges and transmits its serial number to the reader. The reader sends the serial number to an IT system where all the necessary data is stored e.g. ADRs, room access, card charging facility, Fastpasses etc.
The Magic Band RFID system differs from contactless cards etc in that the band contains a battery which allows the band to transmit its number without being placed on a reader. This is how the rides know that you are on them and can automatically add your photos to your Photopass account. In the case of ToT and 7DMT it will add the mini videos. If the battery expire (2 to 3 years) then this won't happen and you would have to place on the relative readers (you would not get the mini videos) under your ride photo.
Disney allow hotel guests to opt out of Magic Bands and have a contactless card instead. This is offered to allay privacy fears that some guests have about being tracked when in the parks.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 18, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Felstead141
VIP Dibber

Felstead141's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Newbie2015 View Post
Great. Can I ask which seller u used pls.
*disney*vinyls* is the sellers name send a message with the colours you want and he’ll make a listing for you and pay through PayPal great service off him.
Felstead141 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List