Notices

Old 9 Oct 18, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
bambikate
VIP Dibber

bambikate's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 25
Video The 1200 Mile West Coast Adventure - August/September 2018: Index *VIDEO NOW WORKING!*

Hello! Welcome to my first ever non-WDW trip report!

In August 2018 we ventured a little further than our normal journey across the pond, all the way to California for a two week adventure!

We had been dreaming of going to California for years, not only to visit Disneyland but to see San Francisco and the beautiful Pacific Coast Highway and we were so excited to finally be going.

I didn't do a PTR so as per usual I'll do a brief introduction first...

My name is Kate, this is my seventh trip report but my first West Coast trip report. I'm the spreadsheet loving, Disney obsessed planner, Youtube video maker, Instagrammer, Dibber, procrastinator and worrier

Oh I've kind of gone blonde again BTW

This was my 13th trip to the good old USA but my first ever trip to the state of California.

Andy, my hubby: super hard worker, wonderful Dad, a big bushy beard, lots of Disney tattoos, assistant planner and chief American driver, his 11th trip to the USA.

Izzy, our eldest, will go on ANY ride, stitch fan, roller coaster junkie, clever little sausage, her 8th trip to the USA but her first time not visiting Florida! Most excited about visiting San Francisco!

Imogen, our youngest, super confident, super tall for her age, comedian, roller coaster junkie, her 7th trip to the USA but her first time not visiting Florida! Also most excited about visiting San Francisco!

Oh, I should also point out we went to California a little bit lighter than we were last year...

We aren't at goal yet (in fact, we are still trying to lose the holiday gain!) but I'm so proud of what we've achieved this year so I thought I'd share our progress with you so far!

My hubby and I lost over 90lbs between us since January with WeightWatchers

Here's a little before and after!

And my amazing hubby! (60 of the lbs were him! )

Finally, Pixar Fest called for Pixar nails, so because I have the most talented nail tech ever I messaged her in advance with my design. I wanted to give her plenty of notice to make sure she was happy to take on the project and to make sure I had enough time for her to do the nail art!

Luckily she was very excited to do do the nails as she is also a Disney fan and she double checked and no one else was booked in after me that day so she had plenty of time to do them and wouldn't feel rushed.

Here's my design:

And here they are!

[url=https://www.thedibb.co.uk/p/MTa63j]

Aren't they just amazing! I had so many compliments on them and I was thrilled to bits. I made sure I gave her a nice tip and a bottle of prosecco for being so amazing

I think my favourite was the Pixar ball or maybe Buzz Lightyear! I'd love to hear your favourite?

Anyway... too much waffling! On to the trip report itself...

Our itinerary changed several times before we arrived at our final plan.

During planning (and after lots of research and Dibber advice) we quickly realised that there was just too much of California (and neighbouring states) that we wanted to see to fit into a two week trip and some stuff had to be cut out. BUT we definitely want to go back one day to visit everywhere we couldn't quite manage this trip.

So, the itinerary!

Day 0: The Crownie takes the crown
Pre Travel Day - Travelling to Heathrow and staying at Premier Inn Bath Road

Day 1: Blaze 'n' Champagne
Flying to LAX, Griffith Observatory and Universal Citywalk

Day 2: Donuts and Dodger Dogs
Voodoo Donuts breakfast, Universal Studios Hollywood and our first baseball game at Dodger Stadium

Day 3: A Berry Thrilling Day
Checking out of Hilton Universal and checking in to Knotts Berry Farm Hotel, Knotts Berry Farm all day and Mrs Knotts Chicken Dinner

Day 4: The six-lane manoeuvre
Travelling to San Francisco, In-N-Out Burger, checking in to the Argonaut Hotel and dinner at The Blue Mermaid

Day 5: Snacking 'round San Francisco
Lombard Street, Mr Holmes Bakehouse, Chinatown, Ferry Building, Fisherman's Wharf and In N Out Burger (Again)

Day 6: Adventurecats are go!
Catamaran tour of Alcatraz and Golden Gate Bridge, Walt Disney Family Museum and Ghirardelli

Day 7: Santa Cruz'in
Driving to Santa Cruz, Mystery Spot Tour, Target, staying in an airstream at KOA, BBQ and late night swimming

Day 8: A whale of a tale
Drive to Monterey, Whale watching tour, 13 Mile Drive, Hotel Pacific and dinner at Montrio Bistro

Day 9: Spiders and ants and mice... oh my!
Driving down the Pacific Coast Highway, Cafe Kevah at Nepenthe, Bixby Creek Bridge, Elephant Seals and El Capitan Canyon

Day 10: One uber, two uber, three uber, four!
Driving to Disneyland, Check into Courtyard by Marriott, The Loop Churros, Trader Sams Enchanted Tiki Bar

Day 11: It's all about the lobster nachos!
Disney California Adventure, Pixar Pier and Pixar Fest snacks, Lamplight Lounge, Paint the Night Parade

Day 12: Celebrate good times (Come on!)
Results Day, Plaza Inn Breakfast, Disneyland Park, Downtown Disney and Cars Land at Night

Day 13: The best sandwich we've ever eaten!
Dole whips for breakfast, Mickey beignets, Cafe Orleans, Hotel and pool time and cocktails in DCA!

Day 14: The one with the crazy crowds!
Animation Academy, Incredicoaster (finally), Corn Dog Castle, Pineapple Cotton Candy then the evening in Disneyland Park for our last night in California

Day 15: You good?
Breakfast with Mickey and friends at Storyteller’s Cafe at the Grand Californian and travelling home

I'm so happy to finally share with you a video of the highlights from our trip! I hope you enjoy it. Would love to hear what you think

Thank you all so much for all your lovely comments, I am going to try to reply to everyone soon Sorry I've been so rubbish at replying, I've been away studying!

IG: _disneykate_
YouTube: DisneyKate

Edited at 08:40 PM.
bambikate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh I'm so glad you're doing a trip report - I loved following along on IG.

Congratulations to you both on your amazing weight loss! I love your nails especially the Pixar Ball and the Coco ones.
mrsdjh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Looking forward to reading - I followed along on Instagram and looks like you had a fab time! We are hoping to plan a California trip with our two girls for next year!

Well done on the weight loss I am nearly at my target weight and dreading stepping on the scales when we are back from our next trip already
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 18, 06:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Following along. So pleased your writing another trip report.
Congratulations to you both on the weight loss- im hoping to sign up to WW... need some motivation!

Love your nails too💕
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

So excited to find this trippie after reading all your others. You both look amazing!
Tor32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

Followed this on IG so lovely to have all the details and loads more pics!
Old 15 Oct 18, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Donna2983
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Subscribed to this thread
Donna2983 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ribena
Excited about Disney

ribena's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Loved reading your previous orlando reports so looking forward to this one!
ribena is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

Oh Just found this report!
was wondering when you were going to start <3
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
samx57
Proud to wear my Ears

Loving this report so far.

Now i need to go back and read through all your previous ones, cant believe i never found these before.

samx57 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List