Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 May 21, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Dagzie
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I think I'm admitting defeat this morning for our 8 June trip to Las Vegas... Looking at going to Lisbon instead. Not quite the Vegas Strip but it'll do.

Still very confident that we'll get to Florida/California for our August family trip so not even thinking about an alternative for that.
Dagzie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 21, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Girlw0nder
VIP Dibber

We are due to fly late October, I'm not holding my breath. I think we are going to change our holiday to next August...
3 weeks Cocoa Beach, Regal Oaks, CBR & HRH August 2015
Birthday trip NYC April 2016
East Coast 7 state Road Trip Aug 2017
West Coast Arizona, Nevada & California Aug 2018

TAKE ME BACK!
Girlw0nder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 21, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

My impending trip is so far away its like its never going to happen. Altho, I have made a sneaky day plan which I take a peep at every now and again and an occasional you tube Disney, of course, just to remind myself that I will get there
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 21, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

My positivity metre is at an all time low.
I just can’t see us being able to go at all and it annoys me that I feel like that.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 21, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Tides
Helping Minnie

I’m hopeful that things may have sorted themselves out a bit by December 🤞🏻🤞🏻
DLR: 2011 Sheraton Park, Anaheim
Disney Cruise line: 2013 Disney Fantasy, 2016 Disney Magic
Tides is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 21, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
floridafan101
Very Serious Dibber

floridafan101's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Yep same here. I was convinced a month back it would be ok and we would be going in august. Now I just can’t see it happening. We will need to start cancelling everything a month before so mid July. 2 months to turn it around I don’t know if that’s enough time. We still haven’t booked the internal flights we need because they aren’t refundable but will need to get them at some point. Feels like I’ve run out of steam now.

2006 1st trip to Florida 2008 The return 2009 Its Florida again 2010 Florida again! 2011 Yes! Florida 2013 Florida please! 2015 Back to Florida 2016 California! 2017 New York (and beyond) 2018 East Coast Road Trip 2019 Florida one last time ... again!
floridafan101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 21, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Top Cat
Dancing with Tink'

We go 6th September for a month I am feeling positive all the way we have to be and as I have said on other threads come on everybody be positive. We have all planned our holidays and put alot of time and effort into it so let's not let this beat us now. I am so excited about our holiday and most days I am on YouTube looking at clips of Florida and Route 66 always brings a smile to my face.
:s ulley
Top Cat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 21, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

99 days for us today Been a long time coming but not feeling like I should do, although remaining optimistic that it will all be ok and I won't be beaten!

Our Canada/USA trip is due 23 August, rearranged from last year. I have Plan B of only staying in Canada should the border not be open (booked in the Trump days when Canada was OK and USA in chaos), which now hopefully won't be needed and is free cancellation with nothing paid.

I think it's a question of whether we will be allowed into Canada, who are not so up on vaccinations as USA but at least the border opening looks likely now. Visitors coming in via air, not so much.

On the glass half empty side - Plan C is also in effect ... a road trip in Wales, also on free cancellation etc. We will go somewhere this year!

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 21, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

I just booked my hotel in Anaheim last night for early Dec... Was planning on November but the cost was so much lower (looks like a cheap week to go)
I am nervous about ;

USA being green
Tickets going on sale for non residents , how hard will it be to reserve park days , will I be allowed in?!
Nervous about locking into a flight booking just incase (had a horrible experience last year)
Worried I won't be vaccinated on time
What will be the requirements of travel

Lots of worries right now! All of them will be very unlikely to be a problem but feel a bit wobbly after quite a lot going wrong for us last year.
Not to mention everything is in such early stages of operation..

BUT having a little booking even just hotel is lifting my spirits and giving me hope.
Like many others the uncertainty is slightly overwhelming with lots still to potentially go wrong or change.

I'm sure all will be fine !
jadepansy459 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 21, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
LDISNEYFOX
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jadepansy459 View Post
I just booked my hotel in Anaheim last night for early Dec... Was planning on November but the cost was so much lower (looks like a cheap week to go)
I am nervous about ;

USA being green
Tickets going on sale for non residents , how hard will it be to reserve park days , will I be allowed in?!
Nervous about locking into a flight booking just incase (had a horrible experience last year)
Worried I won't be vaccinated on time
What will be the requirements of travel

Lots of worries right now! All of them will be very unlikely to be a problem but feel a bit wobbly after quite a lot going wrong for us last year.
Not to mention everything is in such early stages of operation..

BUT having a little booking even just hotel is lifting my spirits and giving me hope.
Like many others the uncertainty is slightly overwhelming with lots still to potentially go wrong or change.

I'm sure all will be fine !
I share most of your worries! There is no room to get excited about our trips. Mine is 23 September and I am not confident at all. I am confident about the flights but not getting into Disneyland, unless they increase capacity like DisneyWorld.
Just want positive news!

2012 WDW Mom's Panel Search Finalist
Sheraton Safari Jan 05 & Feb 08
Disney Port Orleans Nov 06, Jan 10, May 11, June 12, Oct 13, July 15, Aug 15, Nov 15, Feb 16, Aug 16 and Dec 17
LDISNEYFOX is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List